shape
carat
color
clarity

How do people actually ship diamonds back for returns?

SillyMonkee

Rough_Rock
The vendor shipped to me UPS. Sadly, while beautiful, the diamond isn't exactly what I'm looking for, and at this price point I can't keep it unless it's perfect for me. I go to ship back with UPS and run into a "you can't ship anything of more than $500 value as a private individual" policy. So... any suggestions on how I can get this diamond solitaire ring from San Francisco back to England?!? USPS limits insurance at $2,499 and prohibits jewels shipping to the UK (...according to the info I found on its website).

Glamour shot included because I'm just so pleased to have gotten it in focus.
DSC_0564.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0564.jpg
    DSC_0564.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 55

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
@SillyMonkee
It looks like a beautiful stone to me, can I ask why you're not happy with it? Does it not perform how you thought it would or the patterning not to your liking?
What are the stats on the stone?

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
I sent two diamonds back to two different vendors. I contacted them over the phone to let them know I wanted to return the stone. They sent me a return label (both were FedEx) along with instructions via email. I had no problems.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree the shipper should send you a return label

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree the shipper should send you a return label

This. Even if you have to pay them for the return label, it is well worth it. Sorry it didn’t work out for you. Looks pretty. More pics? :P2

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I have asked for a return label before. I have offered to pay for it as well if needed.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I did an overseas return when I purchased from and returned a ring to Blue Nile (Dublin to Scotland). I tried but wasn't able to find a company that would ship the ring for me and in the end it was easiest to use the Blue Nile service (but pricey, £40-50).

They provided the shipping label and the ring had to be double boxed with nothing to identify the contents. Like others have said probably easiest to ask the vendor for a return label.

SillyMonkee

Rough_Rock
@Mina-Lo - Thanks! It *is* a beautiful stone, but it's slightly smaller than I want (I measure it at 8.3 mm and I'm really hoping to cross the 9 mm threshold with this upgrade) and I prefer the checkerboard look of transitionals rather than the more flowery cut. If only one of those were not to my taste, I might just keep it - it's SO pretty! - but I know I'd just end up wanting to try again for The One all too soon, so time to set this beauty free to find her real final home.

More pics? IF YOU INSIST...
DSC_0531.jpg DSC_0545.jpg DSC_0551.jpg

SillyMonkee

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for the replies! I've already contacted the seller about a return label, so hopefully this will go smoothly. For those interested, it was sold uncerted as 2.15 ct, H SI2. I think the color is more a J/K (but I'm very color sensitive) and it's totally eye clean to me. I didn't take it out of the setting, but I measure it as 8.3 mm.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Hope it goes smoothly!

It looks much more tinted than an H or even to be honest J/K but equally it looks to have a brown undertone (which I personally really like) and I know that skews the colour grading.

Best of luck for your search for the one!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The vendor shipped to me UPS. Sadly, while beautiful, the diamond isn't exactly what I'm looking for, and at this price point I can't keep it unless it's perfect for me. I go to ship back with UPS and run into a "you can't ship anything of more than $500 value as a private individual" policy. So... any suggestions on how I can get this diamond solitaire ring from San Francisco back to England?!? USPS limits insurance at $2,499 and prohibits jewels shipping to the UK (...according to the info I found on its website).

Glamour shot included because I'm just so pleased to have gotten it in focus.
DSC_0564.jpg
glad its working out for you
shame the ring wasn't quite what you were after
but beautiful cactus ring shots i just have to say:appl:

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all for the replies! I've already contacted the seller about a return label, so hopefully this will go smoothly. For those interested, it was sold uncerted as 2.15 ct, H SI2. I think the color is more a J/K (but I'm very color sensitive) and it's totally eye clean to me. I didn't take it out of the setting, but I measure it as 8.3 mm.

@SillyMonkee I'd buy this from you in a heartbeat if it was within my budget, it's gorgeous:love:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone! Definitely more warm than an H.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results