shape
carat
color
clarity

Help please, so so confused

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone doesn't face up as a .9 stone because it is too deep. I would not buy this one. We can try to find alternative options!

missmn

Rough_Rock
Thank you that would be so helpful!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much was the JA diamond you posted? And is this for you, or for your significant other?

missmn

Rough_Rock
@lovedogs the JA is $3590, and it’s for me :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you'll manage to get a great looking stone that's .9ct or bigger in J+ color for 3.8K (which is what I am assuming is your budget since you said its 4.5K total including the setting.

What do you think your color tolerance is? Have you seen an ideal cut J color?

missmn

Rough_Rock
I’ll have to read the policy, that stone is beautiful. So what does too deep mean exactly and I’m guessing it makes a huge difference? Sorry for all the questions, so new at this.

missmn

Rough_Rock
Do you think a super ideal J would face up white in a WG setting?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We recommend choosing stones that fall within the following parameters:
Table: 54-57 (sometimes 58)
Depth: 60-62.4 (most people prefer 61-62 for depth but there are some exceptions).
Crown angle: 34-35
Pavilion: 40.6-40.8 (sometimes 41 is ok with 40.6 crown)

Even with all of that, we recommend putting the stone's parameters into the HCA calculator (found under 'tools') to make sure the angles are complementary, and getting an ASET/IS image if possible.

With Whiteflash (and some other super ideal vendors) you can skip all of the above if you buy their proprietary cut (a cut above). They have all of their diamonds from that line in house and personally inspect them and have them cut to ideal proportions.

More about their upgrade policy: https://www.whiteflash.com/confidence/lifetime-trade-up-guarantee/
It's literally that you spend $1 more (or more) and can trade up to a different diamond whenever. It's a million times better than JA where you have to spend double in order to upgrade.

Since you want a 1ct stone but likely can't afford one right now that is an ideal cut, that's what I would do.

And there are lots of pics of people's super ideal J stones that look very white to me, but I don't know your color tolerance.

missmn

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I think I wouldn’t be able to tell. I’ll keep looking. Appreciate your help :)

missmn

Rough_Rock
@lovedogs Do you think the size difference between the one you showed me and the JA one would be noticeable?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs Do you think the size difference between the one you showed me and the JA one would be noticeable?
No. At least not in the sense that you'd see them and be like OMG THAT ONE IS SO MUCH BIGGER! It's about .1mm, and usually we say .2mm is visible with the naked eye. If you were to see them side by side and try to pick which one was bigger, you might pick right, but I don't think it will make a difference to the naked eye in a way that matters much.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think a super ideal J would face up white in a WG setting?

A J-color super ideal may face up white, but your setting preference will also show the diamond from the side ... the tint of the J will be more easily visible from the side.

And remember "white" has many shade variations, so the white of a J-color super ideal will not face up the same white as that of an F or G super ideal...

missmn

Rough_Rock
Thank you all!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too deep means the diamond will have a smaller face-up size than one that is not too deep of its same carat weight. It also often has negative effects on light performance and sparkle.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This beautiful H VS2 H&A stone is close to your budget and almost the same diameter as the JA stone. ...:wink2:

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...-ags-c-104106086073#!prettyPhoto[gallery2]/0/

:love: :love: :love:

You and I think too much alike. Proportions are amazing, plus a color bump and VS2 clarity. Plus you get to work with Lesley, who is a total sweetheart!

Almost like deja vu --- my wife's stone was a BGD 0.867 H VS2 but I paid $4,700 about a year ago.

Have you bought it yet? Tell Lesley I said hi!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results