shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2B536889-366E-494A-88C6-906C58A1C8C3.jpeg
This is a piece which I would have loved to buy... this squash blossom by Dishta. Of course, I saw it after I made purchases. It was quite expensive even though it was a good deal. I’ll have to save more for next year.
This looks so beautiful on you!
Yes, the Dishta style is amazing. These pieces are hard to find! Can you imagine the hours invested in making this squash?
I have a Navajo squash in the bank box. I really should go and retrieve it. I haven't worn it for years.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This looks so beautiful on you!
Yes, the Dishta style is amazing. These pieces are hard to find! Can you imagine the hours invested in making this squash?
I have a Navajo squash in the bank box. I really should go and retrieve it. I haven't worn it for years.
The hours of work involved really is astounding in some of these pieces! I just adore the Dishta style and they are indeed getting hard to find and pricey. Same with great vintage pieces, turquoise cuffs, etc.

You should get your squash out of the bank and wear it! If you do, pls show pics?

I have always wanted one to wear over a crisp white blouse or a fine, black cashmere sweater in cooler months. The look is just amazing.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5721A4AA-0338-4388-B509-2859128FA850.jpeg
This is the other piece which I loved...an Alice Quam belt. It was over 5k and the turquoise was gorgeous and super gemmy American turquoise. Someday I hope to get one of these! Can you imagine it with a black dress or jeans?!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
4B817AAB-0263-46BD-83C8-C796D3F49317.jpeg
Indian market Santa Fe y’all! Amazing things. I bought the vintage, crescent moon, turquoise Zuni inlay necklace.
I really like the necklace but DW is in love with the bracelet.

Is the Indian market in Santa Fe an every day thing, or a special event?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the necklace but DW is in love with the bracelet.

Is the Indian market in Santa Fe an every day thing, or a special event?
Oh thank you! It’s once a year. There are many dealers that come, and then of course, modern Indian artists of all kinds. There are major collectors which compete for the best things. It is quite an event.

However, there are amazing dealers year round here. I bought the cuff which your DW appreciates from a store called Rainbow Man. They specialize in gorgeous vintage and antique Indian pieces, along with some very inspiring modern artists.

I’ve gotten 2 offers from strangers to buy it literally off of my wrist, but I refuse because I adore it. It’s an unusual Zuni snow flake pattern. An old piece.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With Indian jewelry, my experience has been to look for patterns which inspire. They are connected with myth and meaning. There is an overload of stuff available online, etc., and as in all jewelry, there are personal greats awash in a sea. It takes time to develop a personal ‘eye’ IMHO.

The older pieces are my favorite, especially Zuni because there is a meditative, calm, mandala like quality to the spacing between the stones, and in the proportions of the stones. ( though I admire greatly the work of all tribes... I have some Navajo and Santa Domingo pieces as well. ) I find myself most drawn to Zuni. There is something inherently ‘healing’ in the visual experience of seeing the jewelry.

These days, high quality American turquoise is becoming increasingly rare as mines are depleted. So, older pieces are even more sought after.

Last edited:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A1AB963F-AEA4-413C-84E7-F6ECEC722541.jpeg Basically, the same, and not perfect. Red spinel needs polishing, and the window in the blue spinel is enough for my cat to walk through it, but the fluorescence in the sun... No editing, just cut off the car shift.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
5721A4AA-0338-4388-B509-2859128FA850.jpeg
This is the other piece which I loved...an Alice Quam belt. It was over 5k and the turquoise was gorgeous and super gemmy American turquoise. Someday I hope to get one of these! Can you imagine it with a black dress or jeans?!
i love that
if i win lotto and had a really tiny waste id love to wear that as a belt or even straps on a dress

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh that's so lovelly
how nice of you
she must be a very dear and special friend

I met her when we were 13. She's the most kind hearted, steady, loyal and supportive person with a great sense of humour.

I was a very different person before I met her. Anxious, competitive, petty. She brought out the best in me just by being herself.

I loves her to bits!!! :love::love::love:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Today I am wearing my new DanielM champagne diamond necklace and bracelet I had made for my anniversary with diamonds I've owned forever. Both bezels are rose gold, although its difficult to see in the lighting in my office. 20190820_112456.jpg 20190820_112427.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mostly blue with some grey 3.68 cushion cut spinel in platinum with OEC side stones. The pic makes it look like there is a crack in the stone, but it is only a reflection.

IMG_1762.jpg
If you turned it sideways, it would remind me of the Hope Diamond with all that nice chunky faceting, although yours is way more blue than the Hope!! Nice!!!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ilovegemstones, your opals are gorgeous! I know how frustrating it is to not be able to see an opal when worn. Looks great on your hand as well as on your neck. So fresh! Opals are just magical.

Yours inspired me to add in opal today. Just put it on with the high karat gold . I think it actually cools the whole jewelry relationship down.
49BCF34E-39B0-4EF4-936C-CD167E2FE0BA.jpeg

Last edited:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Blugemz! I think I feel thar way about any phenomenal stones - I want to be able to play with them and see the the stars or colour play!
I love your black opal with the gold jewelry!
I love the purple people eater TL! Now the song is stuck in my head.:rodent:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also Blugemz I went absolutely Gaga over your turquoise jewelry when I saw it. It looks amazing on you!

Rascal77

Rough_Rock
Just curious as I don't live in the US and don't own a car... Why do so many US PSers take photos of their bling while in the car? Is the light better? Or is it the relative privacy while being semi-outdoors? Isn't it dangerous to take photos while driving? [emoji23] sorry if it's a silly question!

PS I love that green ring, is it a mint garnet?

I believe those are called driving rings in the US. They're used to remind drivers green means go and red means stop. If worn on the middle finger in NYC it means something entirely different.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe those are called driving rings in the US. They're used to remind drivers green means go and red means stop. If worn on the middle finger in NYC it means something entirely different.
Lol, i usually take photos in a parked car. It’s for privacy reasons. I like sunlight pictures, but I would look ridiculous snapping pictures of my hand several million times.:P2

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mostly blue with some grey 3.68 cushion cut spinel in platinum with OEC side stones. The pic makes it look like there is a crack in the stone, but it is only a reflection.

IMG_1762.jpg

Beautiful spinel!! Matches your fingernail polish...i see what you did there;)2

Rascal77

Rough_Rock
2B536889-366E-494A-88C6-906C58A1C8C3.jpeg
This is a piece which I would have loved to buy... this squash blossom by Dishta. Of course, I saw it after I made purchases. It was quite expensive even though it was a good deal. I’ll have to save more for next year.
Beautiful piece looks like a nice deep blue. And well matched. Navajo jewelry is my favorite. I used to collect a wide variety of gold jewelry, but it just sits in a jewelry chest. Turquoise and sterling are what I love these days. I signed up to ask a couple of jewelry questions but I've fallen down the rabbit hole. I've been looking at pictures of shines for hours now. Anyway here are a couple of things I've been wearing of late. Harold Smith belt buckle and Brad Paul cuff.

20190823_051917.jpg 20190822_225609.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results