shape
carat
color
clarity

Ivy& rose

Manomi

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone
SO i found ivy&Rose based on the recommendation here. I checked their inventory and found these two stones:
https://ivyandrose.com/products/3-2...d-9-7mm-ideal-j-si2-clean-natural-3-carat-3ct

https://ivyandrose.com/products/3-5...-j-si2-diamond-antique-round-natural-art-deco

However I am amazed at the price. i have never seen stones this size priced so low. Even k and L stones of slightly smaller size are priced considerably higher everywhere. Can someone please let me know how this is? Has anybody ever had experience with them and what was it like? Also for both the stones,they are saying its eye clean (even though its si2). how reliable is their word?
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find Ilya reliable. I’ve used ivy and rose before and am happy with them.

Manomi

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply :)
I look forward to more opinions regarding this vendor and the stones :)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of them are graded by EGL and have cuts I would describe as... not good... so that explains the pricing, imo. These are commonly found at places PSers don’t buy diamonds.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I have bought antique jewelry from them. I thought it was fair pricing. I was satisfied.

They have some old cut diamonds that are pretty and a fair price. I don't run from an EGL old cut necessarily. I actually have one from Old World Diamonds. I think you just have to make sure it's a fair price for the color and clarity grade.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like Ilya because he’s helped many PSers find vintage stones and settings at lower-end of the spectrum prices. I think he’s legit, based on the many reviews here.

So, the prices on these stones reflect Ivy and Rose’s tendency to be “budget conscious”. They also tend to use EGL certificates and appraisals (as we have discussed on PS) which usually means at least one usually two color grades off and sometimes EGL over inflates clarity. So the second, “J-K stone” could actually be an M. The first J stone could be an L at best. Assume a couple color grades off, possibly a clarity grade off.

In terms of the first diamond, it’s a shallow stone with a large table (average table is 57, what is considered a large table is 60, this is 67). The crown isn’t even measured on the report so I’m guessing is a shallow crown. This means the diameter size is larger for its carat weight and it will likely face up whiter than a deeper stone, but it will lack fire, and look dimensionally shallow. It’s no where near an HCA good stone, so you really want to see it to assess it.

The second stone is “called” a Transitional, but it looks to me like an Early Modern Brilliant. And, of course it could have been cut recently. I’m guessing cut AT LEAST after 1940. This one doesn’t even have dimensions. So you can’t tell again without seeing it.

In terms of price, it’s not that much of a bargain if you account for potential cut and color and clarity. But these are nice big stones, so check out in a video first. Ilya will do a video for you, ask him.

Manomi

Rough_Rock
Both of them are graded by EGL and have cuts I would describe as... not good... so that explains the pricing, imo. These are commonly found at places PSers don’t buy diamonds.
ok thanks.. Makes sense now!

Manomi

Rough_Rock
I have bought antique jewelry from them. I thought it was fair pricing. I was satisfied.

They have some old cut diamonds that are pretty and a fair price. I don't run from an EGL old cut necessarily. I actually have one from Old World Diamonds. I think you just have to make sure it's a fair price for the color and clarity grade.
Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it :)

Manomi

Rough_Rock
Thanks soo much LightBright for taking out time to explain this! Really makes sense now! I am new to old cuts and learning something with every post here.. Yours helped a lot!!

I like Ilya because he’s helped many PSers find vintage stones and settings at lower-end of the spectrum prices. I think he’s legit, based on the many reviews here.

So, the prices on these stones reflect Ivy and Rose’s tendency to be “budget conscious”. They also tend to use EGL certificates and appraisals (as we have discussed on PS) which usually means at least one usually two color grades off and sometimes EGL over inflates clarity. So the second, “J-K stone” could actually be an M. The first J stone could be an L at best. Assume a couple color grades off, possibly a clarity grade off.

In terms of the first diamond, it’s a shallow stone with a large table (average table is 57, what is considered a large table is 60, this is 67). The crown isn’t even measured on the report so I’m guessing is a shallow crown. This means the diameter size is larger for its carat weight and it will likely face up whiter than a deeper stone, but it will lack fire, and look dimensionally shallow. It’s no where near an HCA good stone, so you really want to see it to assess it.

The second stone is “called” a Transitional, but it looks to me like an Early Modern Brilliant. And, of course it could have been cut recently. I’m guessing cut AT LEAST after 1940. This one doesn’t even have dimensions. So you can’t tell again without seeing it.

In terms of price, it’s not that much of a bargain if you account for potential cut and color and clarity. But these are nice big stones, so check out in a video first. Ilya will do a video for you, ask him.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought (and returned) a pair of OEC’s that were described as eye clean. They looked like they were riddled with salt. So- eye clean is subjective.
They are very nice and accommodating people to deal with and they have a solid return policy.

Manomi

Rough_Rock
I bought (and returned) a pair of OEC’s that were described as eye clean. They looked like they were riddled with salt. So- eye clean is subjective.
They are very nice and accommodating people to deal with and they have a solid return policy.
Oh okay! Good to know! Thanks!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results