shape
carat
color
clarity

What time do you go to bed and what time do you wake up?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually go to bed at 2:00 am and wake up at 9:30 am.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In bed around 9:30pm, wake up 4:30-5am, when it's the weekend I might be naughty and stay up until 11pm.

But right now it's 6:45pm, I just did a 12 hour day that entailed 350 miles of driving and 8 miles of walking. I just ate a 12oz Scotch Fillet steak and the struggle to stay conscious is real :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was young (teens/twenties) I was a night owl especially on Thurs/Fri/Sat evenings. Out all night and home around 3/4AM and sleeping til noon or 1PM.

When I was in my thirties/forties I would be in bed by 9PM and awake by 5AM or earlier.

Now that the cats are sick and we have so much to do these days I am falling asleep by 8PM and out of bed by 3:30 AM.

However once I get into bed I am wide awake though generally I fall asleep by 9PM and then I wake every 2 hours or so until we get out of bed by 3:30 AM and start the cat feeding and med and cleaning routine. Sort of brutal but it allows us too have the rest of the day to do what we need to do so we make it work. It isn't forever. Hopefully LOL.

exhausted.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
when i was growing up sleeping late in the holidays was frowned on
my dad used to say we were missing the best part of the day

until this year, when im temporarily not working to spend a bit of time with Gary after we shifted towns and he retired
i spent the last 14 years getting up at 4.45
i need time alone to get prepaired for the day
i don't like to rush
i get up, shower etc and listen to the complete born to run album while i did my emails and hung out on my Bruce Springsteen forum
then id either walk or after i transferred branches id take the train to work.
around 6 id head out into the dark listening to Bruce before i started the work day at 7am
by then im fully awake and alert and ready to engage with the day from the moment i walked in the gate
i comuted aganist the flow so i was very lucky to get very empty trains, often id get a whole carrage to myself
somedays the train staff would chat to me for the entire 45 min trip to work
i had the most beautiful coastal journey

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don't like to rush

Same here. I like to enjoy the morning and savor the quiet. I am hoping we can get back to those quiet peaceful morning moments where we could just relax and ease into the day...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Same here. I like to enjoy the morning and savor the quiet. I am hoping we can get back to those quiet peaceful morning moments where we could just relax and ease into the day...
im sure the kitties are looking forward to that day as much as you
our house is a bit chilly this time of year
as soon as we stir Borris is ready to rush outside and sit in the sun

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go to bed at 1.30 to 2.00am and get up to get my son ready for school at around 7.15am, the weekends when there is no school to get anyone ready for, I sleep in until 8.30 to 9.00am.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I’m not naturally a morning person, but over the years I’ve been able to train myself to get up at 5am on weekdays, and by 7am most weekends. On average I’m asleep by 9-10pm.

We have pretty much the same schedule I try to sleep by 10pm. Both of my high schoolers take zero period and have to leave for school at 6am so I wake up at 5 and, but my natural body clock seems to be midnight to 7.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try to go to bed by 11:30 and usually awake by 9:00 during the summer. Once school starts next week it will be same at night but getting up at 7:00 in the morning.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
School nights: around midnight and up at about 06:00.

Weekends: stay up as late as I can, and get up as late as I can, usually about 08:00 when the pets want their breakfast. I would go back to bed for a snooze if schedule allows.

DK :))

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Work nights 11pm bed time, 7am wake up.
Weekends, whatever I feel like. Thats normally 1-2 am (but has been as late as 3-4!) and wake up normally 9, but sometimes as late as noon hehe.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
usually in bed around 10:00 and up at 12:00, 2:00 and alarm goes off at 4:00...yeah I have sleeping issues...

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2am to 9am thereabouts. I'm always the last one awake, and I actually like the total quiet time I get to myself.:P2

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bedtime at 10:30 pm up at 7:00 a.m. on a good day :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I try to get to bed by 9:30..I have sleep issues so I try to bank some hours. I wake frequently throughout the night. I’m up at 5:30 to get everyone moving..starting with the dog. He needs a whole hour before I get anyone else up.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go to bed about 10:30 and get up about 6.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i can't watch a tv program that starts at 8.30 because ill be snoring in the chair and miss the end

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
When I’m working? In bed at 8 and up at 3:30 (5 am start) for morning shift, afternoon shift in bed at 11 and up at 8 am. On my “weekends”, in bed at 10 and up at 7. I don’t get a ton of sleep even though I’m in bed for quite a while. Not a good sleeper unfortunately.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bed by 11 pm. Asleep by midnight. Up at 6:30 am and when I push it 6:45

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm not a night owl or a morning person! I'm at my best about 1pm in the arvo lol
When me and my hubby got back from our honeymoon (we hadn't lived together before our wedding) on our first Saturday back he woke me up about 6:45am and I yelled and told him never to do that again and he had to wait til 8am! He's a linehaul truckdriver and up at ungodly hours most days.
I'm usually in bed at 10:30pm at the latest and up about 7am on a school run morning.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go to bed about 10:30 and get up about 6.

This is my sleep schedule too. About 10:30/11:00 - 6:00 am whether I have to go to work on not. I also am up about three times per night. :snore:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go to bed around midnight and get up around 10 am in the summer unless I have work. When I have work I get up at 9 am bc I have to be at work at 11 am.
When the kids have school I get up around 5 am.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go to bed between 10-11pm, fall asleep sometime after midnight and am usually awake between 3-4am. I don’t get up then, I wait to DH is awake, so usually about 8am.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was young (teens/twenties) I was a night owl especially on Thurs/Fri/Sat evenings. Out all night and home around 3/4AM and sleeping til noon or 1PM.

When I was in my thirties/forties I would be in bed by 9PM and awake by 5AM or earlier.

Now that the cats are sick and we have so much to do these days I am falling asleep by 8PM and out of bed by 3:30 AM.

However once I get into bed I am wide awake though generally I fall asleep by 9PM and then I wake every 2 hours or so until we get out of bed by 3:30 AM and start the cat feeding and med and cleaning routine. Sort of brutal but it allows us too have the rest of the day to do what we need to do so we make it work. It isn't forever. Hopefully LOL.

exhausted.jpg

It's like having a baby! I pray for your sake that all of this is finite - not sleeping is the pits.

I try to get to bed by 9:30..I have sleep issues so I try to bank some hours. I wake frequently throughout the night. I’m up at 5:30 to get everyone moving..starting with the dog. He needs a whole hour before I get anyone else up.

Interesting! What does the fur baby do in his hour awake before the others get out of bed?

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I usually wake around 730aish. If not, Jack will wake me when he needs to go outside around 730-8a. I usually go to sleep around 1130p-midnight.

Attachments

• IMG_3567.jpeg
    IMG_3567.jpeg
    249.5 KB · Views: 32

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could potentially be the worlds worst sleeper, so my sleep patterns are all over the place. My husband runs restaurants and I worked at night for many years, so I think this combo is part of my issue. I try hard to BE in bed around 11 p.m. I generally don't fall asleep for at least an hour after I get into bed. I wake up around 8-9 if I can sleep that late, and I'm up a few times in the night in between. Today I slept until almost 10! I take it whenever I can get it, because I'm not very good at it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's like having a baby! I pray for your sake that all of this is finite - not sleeping is the pits.

Interesting! What does the fur baby do in his hour awake before the others get out of bed?
He is a vomiter so I have to get him up..and feed him at 5:45...give him his two Prilosec and metoclopramide...walk him...then give him his two Cosequins and Rimadyl. Then he gets a biscuit for taking all his meds. I give him him body scratch and dote on him while I make my coffee. It takes up a full hour...He was losing weight because he couldn’t keep anything down. This schedule seems to be what keeps his tummy happy. My adult son with special needs goes next..and then my 93 year old mother who also lives with me. Bailey would get lost in the shuffle if I didn’t give him his special time in the morning when it’s just us. My poor husband fends for himself..:lol:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Anything goes ,(

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is a vomiter so I have to get him up..and feed him at 5:45...give him his two Prilosec and metoclopramide...walk him...then give him his two Cosequins and Rimadyl. Then he gets a biscuit for taking all his meds. I give him him body scratch and dote on him while I make my coffee. It takes up a full hour...He was losing weight because he couldn’t keep anything down. This schedule seems to be what keeps his tummy happy. My adult son with special needs goes next..and then my 93 year old mother who also lives with me. Bailey would get lost in the shuffle if I didn’t give him his special time in the morning when it’s just us. My poor husband fends for himself..:lol:

Oh girl, I have 3 dogs and it's chaos here, but that sounds like a handful! You are a really good mom (and daughter) to all of the people depending on you. Sending love across the miles to all of you :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results