shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a cushion!

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I am looking to upgrade my stone and want to change from a round to a cushion. I currently have a 1.277 J VS1 Ideal Cut Brian Gavin Signature Blue. 6.93 x 6.95 x 4.31. It is beautiful and I love it. I will be using BGD's upgrade policy so it must be a BGD stone. I like the hearts and arrows cushions they have but also really love the look of august vintage cushions with the chunky flashes. So basically I am open to any cushion as long as it is bigger/better and a stunner. Any recommendations??

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not great with cushions so hopefully someone will come by to help.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
I am not sure but I do not think his upgrade policy applies to virtual inventory, I think you need to pick a BG stone. What is your budget?
You are right. I didn’t realize this until I was on the phone with them yesterday. I would like to stay under 10.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you stay under $10K, your new BGD cushion will be facing up smaller than your current BGD round ... is that something you can live with?

I've had the BGD H&A cushions and they are beautiful ... still, have you considered upgrading to a larger BGD round and setting it so that it is faces up more like a cushion?

Or, if you like the AVC/antique-style cushions, perhaps try selling your current diamond and buying a cushion from August Vintage, Victor Canera, or Old World Diamonds?

If you are intent on a BGD cushion, maybe wait a bit in order to save up more money to put towards the upgrade?

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
I agree with what you are saying. I think I might change directions. How could I set it so that it faces up more like a cushion? Thank you for your advice and help!

If you stay under $10K, your new BGD cushion will be facing up smaller than your current BGD round ... is that something you can live with?

I've had the BGD H&A cushions and they are beautiful ... still, have you considered upgrading to a larger BGD round and setting it so that it is faces up more like a cushion?

Or, if you like the AVC/antique-style cushions, perhaps try selling your current diamond and buying a cushion from August Vintage, Victor Canera, or Old World Diamonds?

If you are intent on a BGD cushion, maybe wait a bit in order to save up more money to put towards the upgrade?
s and

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can also put a round diamond in a cushion-shaped metal surround. The metal surround could be plain, or engraved, or filigree, or beveled, or milgrained, or any combo thereof, such as the plain/beveled/milgrained Jin setting by Erika Winters...

upload_2019-8-22_15-8-26.jpeg

I'm posting the below photo as another example of a cushion-shaped metal surround even though the stone is an oval cabochon and the surround is more of a rectangular cushion shape ... this ring dates from the mid 1950s

round in a cushion kind of.jpg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I love the EW!

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
I love the round diamond in a cushion halo. Maytal Hannah makes some gorgeous ones.

F6741F59-7936-45F9-8861-DB8B9BB77098.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results