shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts, feelings, opinions on this "red"/ring?

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the design of the ring, it’s classic and well executed to my eyes.
The stone - not loving that color, seems like a lot of money for what is bordering on the brown. It looks garnety and not in a good way.
Edit - these comments refer to the spinel ring, I didn’t see the ruby before. I’m surprised that one is cheaper.

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
The second one definitely looks better, but I only know what untreated ruby is worth and have no clue whether that's a good price for heated with minor residues...

The spinel is too dark and brownish, not vivid red; there's a problem when the only part of the gem that looks an appealing colour to me is the tilt window.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm.... not loving either to be honest...first one looks like a brown garnet & second one is very fussy setting :snooty:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one is way too brown for a red spinel and exceedingly overpriced for what it is, and second is a slightly pinky red ruby, but a much better colour than the first, I'm also ambivalent to that setting.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First one looks like a big garnet and not one that's been photographed in good lighting either.

I really like the colour of the second one. I feel like my comments would be more useful if I knew what the prices should be.

To me the diamonds used in the second setting seem pretty small so I'd want to ascertain the value of the stone and make sure you're not being overcharged for the setting.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my opinion, 1st one too dark and the 2nd one pretty has Pretty color but setting is a bit busy.

What arw your thoughts?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the setting on the second one. It checks all my boxes, lots of diamonds, a halo, and double prongs to keep that stone safe.

ETA: workmanship could be better on that setting though. What’s up with a missing prong????

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like the first one at all. The stone is too dark. The second one has more potential, but I don't love it.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second one looks nice - well, the first one looks nice too but I bet you could get a garnet that color for much cheaper.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seccond one looks nice, but the lab report says minor residues right? 23k is a lot for a treated stone.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Spinel is too much like a Garnet in looks. People will probably assume it’s a Garnet. Sort of a muddy red brown colour. Much too much $$$$ in my opinion but I love the setting.
You don’t not want to spend that much money and not have something really eye catching on your finger.
The Ruby is much nicer, but to my eye in the video I’m seeing a bit of orange. I think this ring has much much “pop” and that seems a great price for a large, heat with a bit of residue ruby. The setting is fussy but I’d wear it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Spinel is too dark and dull for my liking, however the ring design is lovely.

The Ruby is nicer in terms of colour, however the ring design is too fussy for my liking.

DK :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thank you for all your replies. I'll keep looking!:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Your writing "red" is right...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First one looks like what hubby and I call a garnet ruby even though its a spinel. Color is too brown. I Like the color of the ruby and the setting.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inken had some nice rubles recently

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results