shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, Is your E-ring worth more than your hubby's car?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire I think you are recycling questions LOL but I get the reasoning behind it. To liven things up. So I will play.

Yes my ER is worth more than our Lexus SUV.

A car is a car and will get you so far
but a ring is a thing that will be a star
forever and ever if we so choose
so no comparison necessary
ring wins and car does lose

:P2

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire I think you are recycling questions LOL but I get the reasoning behind it. To liven things up. So I will play.

A car is a car and will get you so far
but a ring is a thing that will be a star
forever and ever if we so choose
so no comparison necessary
ring wins and car does lose

:P2

Same here, lol
But our 2014 RX450h purchased new for cash, is now 5.5 years old with 30k miles on it :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here, lol
But our 2014 RX450h purchased new for cash, is now 5.5 years old with 30k miles on it :lol-2:

LOL well I was going with the cost of a new Lexus SUV which still costs less than my ER. Either way I slice it the ER costs more than the car. As it should be. Of course one's mileage may vary and there is no right or wrong. But you know what they say about diamonds...

diamondsareforever.gif

I will say cats look great with diamonds or cars so either way cannot go wrong :P2
catdrivinggif.gif

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No but cars cost more in Australia than the US, then again so does high end jewellery.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which car?! We have four :oops2: Hubby loves his cars like I love my jewels but his hobby costs more than mine. It’s all good though, we support each other’s pursuits. =)2

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Nope lol. Not even close. Those kind of rings will always be daydreams for me even when he gets out of the military.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Worth more when comparing purchase price, or per the current resale value? :lol:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
right now it is lol, his car is 7 years old (I think) but he is looking at a new one since we have baby #2 on the way and then his car will be worth more than my ring. Granted the ring didn't really cost us anything since it is inherited so I am not sure if it "technically" counts

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Which car?! We have four :oops2: Hubby loves his cars like I love my jewels but his hobby costs more than mine. It’s all good though, we support each other’s pursuits. =)2

This sounds like my brother in law lol its like what flavor of the week do you want to drive today

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My rhr is more than my car. But not dhs. Priorities!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, but his car (which was mine first btw) is 13 years old! Not worth more than my car though.:P2

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

There are PSers upgrading their Ering and buy new cars everyday. :P2

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My current ring is very modest by PS standards, but still costs more than all my dh's cars which are FREE from his company, with a new one every 3 years.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
About the same at the time of purchase. However, I can still trade-in my stone back to WF for full retail but my DH's car is now worth less than half his purchase, should he choose to trade-in. :lol::lol::lol:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
no my hubby's pickup is worth more than my e-ring

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well our Highlander is 12 years old at this point and my main diamond I wear as an E-ring was a pawn shop find so no, the car is worth more.

I personally wouldn't be okay with owning a piece of jewelry that cost more than our main source of transportation that is essential to life especially being working middle class on one income with kids.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH car is worth more than my ER.
I have a friend whose family ring was worth more than their house.
The really sad thing was that 3 generations of women in the family and not one of them had ever worn it as it sits in a bank vault somewhere. I only saw a photo of it, it was an OEC of around 15 carats. The great great (?) grandma was a British Baroness or similar. There had been diamond tiaras as well but they had been sold/ broken up over the generations and for death taxes in the UK. That’s why the family castle or whatever it was was sold too.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally wouldn't be okay with owning a piece of jewelry that cost more than our main source of transportation that is essential to life especially being working middle class on one income with kids.
Nothing is more essential than diamonds...
slap4.gif
:tongue:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
More than my car, less than my husbands. Don’t think it matters. What’s important is that cars are safe and reliable. All three do their jobs adequately and there is money available to upgrade (cars) if necessary.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When we first got his car (and my car as well) , my engagement ring would have cost less than either. Now that the cars are a few years old I think my ring is worth more.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, once it graces my finger! We are practical car people though and prefer to spend our money on other things.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. My DH's pickup was way more than my ering.

DiamondGal28

Rough_Rock
My husband's cars are worth more, but my 2 cars are worth less. We have 4 cars between us, so that is rather obnoxious. :roll2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results