shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there! :wavey:I'm a little late to the conversation but I do own the Love cuff with the one diamond but I really don't wear it much these days. I would rather have the VCA WG diamond perlee clover, instead.

However, I really do like the design of the Cartier WG JUC (with diamonds on the head) but I need to try it on myself to see if I still like it in person!

Congrats on keeping the SO Magic pendant, @Phoenix! Can't wait to see your modeling shots soon! :love:

I don't blame you, lol. The WG Perlee Clover is gorgeous!!:love::love::love: When will you be getting that? Enquiring minds and all...lol...

I do love the JUC with the diamonds on the head. That's the one I love the most, both in WG and YG. Ugh!! Too many wants and not enough money!

I will post the shots sooooon....

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix Ugh!!! I have been on a spree. I have got to dial the back. I must be losing my mind. No more VCA for 2019. My poor DH.
So sooner would be 2020. And probably not until April. Must stop. :lol:

I chose the RG because I thought that color was more flattering on me than YG. I think YG looks better on more fair people or darker but I’m in between.

If you got a YG full love, can you stack it with your pave? It should not cross over right, if it’s the same size?

I do really love the look of Love bracelets because it’s so clean looking. I love VCA too but I discovered I have room in my heart for both looks. Depends on my mood. I’m looking forward to having this piece so I can stack with the RG And wear on my left arm. The WG helps tie it to my ering which is in platinum. I can also stack it with my Hermes Kelly Dog which black with palladium HW.

Lol! Your post cracks me up!!

I stacked my full Love in YG with the thin RG one and although they were both the same size, ie size 16, they kept crossing over each other and scratched the heck out of each other. I'm wondering if it was bc of the size. I really should wear a size 15 but prefer my bracelets on the looser side.

I loooove the look of the Love. I do def have room in my heart for both VCA and Cartier Love.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!!! It’s quite life changing and some days are better than others but getting into a routine and trying to enjoy every minute since they grow so fast!

Appreciate you guys sharing in my joy! Ugh...the manager was really nice and took full responsibility, and I got a brand new bracelet but she did tell me (prefaced by she was not in any way giving me an excuse) that they very recently made a change at the flagship mansion where they now have new engraving machines that any of the service associates are to use rather than having the workbench do it (basically ppl with years of workbench vs. inexperienced service associates). This change was made to alleviate the workload of the workbench for simple machine engravings - however mine came out slanted, not in the middle of the bracelet but towards the bottom, the zero’s didn’t close completely, and the letters were very sloppy :x2 Just a disaster. Not to mention the customer service associate was not great either so it was all around frustrating. I’m just trying to keep in mind that they are making it right.

I don’t have the 5 motif yet but it looks like one might be in my near-ish future! It’s one that you have and would also be for our baby boy...the blue agate in yg! Please tell me you love it??!! So the engraving fiasco happened on Thursday however I took possession of the Love but got more and more upset throughout the day thinking about it and how the engraving should be perfect given this is a luxury brand and an expensive piece so I went back on Friday, which is when they exchanged it for me. But on Thursday I went to VCA immediately after Cartier to try some 5 motifs on and I have a few pics. My regular SA wasn’t in and they didn’t have a blue agate sample for me to see but she was able to borrow another SA’s customers for me to at least see the color in person but I wasn’t able to take it out of the plastic or try it on :cry2: however I did love what I saw.

18E9FD5D-7CF3-4E3E-9BDB-DB9D4F763601.jpeg C19194A9-9F86-442E-9D45-65F60D3F4BC0.jpeg 95F8E97B-17D5-45DE-B1E7-7EA8BF6E3A9A.jpeg 4BF8F5DD-67FD-4145-93B1-B375754062C7.jpeg

I love love love both the Cartier Love and all the Alhambra's. Even the white MOP which can look very quiet at times has such beautiful rainbow colours. I don't think you can go wrong with whichever you choose. One thing about blue agate, I've found, is that the shade of blue can vary tremendously, ranging from very deep blue to lighter blue, and some can have grey in them too. It'd all depend on what appeals to your eye the most. And as @m-2-b said, the blue is translucent so you'd have to actually put it on your wrist to see how the blue looks against your skin.

Can't wait to see your pics!!:clap:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117--I'm attaching some pics of the blue agate bracelet I tried on at the NYC Flagship boutique (from my recent Magic Alhambra earrings SMTB thread). I found it was a more of a translucent ocean blue to my eyes. Congrats on your new baby boy! :wavey:

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg
Yes!! @m-2-b it does have a lighter more translucent feel to it on you. I think your being more fair skinned affects how it looks. I’m definitely darker so the blue generally looks quite opaque on me. So dear @ac117 it would just depend on your tone and coloring. And the shade of the blue agate can vary. Here is a pic of the four I had to choose from. If I remember I chose #1. But I would have taken any of them if I had no choice.

6D259055-AACE-4A61-AD11-8FC160D75B12.jpeg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117--I'm attaching some pics of the blue agate bracelet I tried on at the NYC Flagship boutique (from my recent Magic Alhambra earrings SMTB thread). I found it was a more of a translucent ocean blue to my eyes. Congrats on your new baby boy! :wavey:

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

Thank you for posting these again! I had seen them in your thread and was drooling but now am even more excited :love: I noticed and had previously read the motifs are translucent, which doesn’t bother me since I have carnelian and that is also translucent! The bracelet you had the pleasure of trying on seems a bit lighter/brighter, which is still gorgeous!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love both the Cartier Love and all the Alhambra's. Even the white MOP which can look very quiet at times has such beautiful rainbow colours. I don't think you can go wrong with whichever you choose. One thing about blue agate, I've found, is that the shade of blue can vary tremendously, ranging from very deep blue to lighter blue, and some can have grey in them too. It'd all depend on what appeals to your eye the most. And as @m-2-b said, the blue is translucent so you'd have to actually put it on your wrist to see how the blue looks against your skin.

Can't wait to see your pics!!:clap:

Yes!! @m-2-b it does have a lighter more translucent feel to it on you. I think your being more fair skinned affects how it looks. I’m definitely darker so the blue generally looks quite opaque on me. So dear @ac117 it would just depend on your tone and coloring. And the shade of the blue agate can vary. Here is a pic of the four I had to choose from. If I remember I chose #1. But I would have taken any of them if I had no choice.

6D259055-AACE-4A61-AD11-8FC160D75B12.jpeg

@LLJsmom Wow this is extremely helpful, thank you thank you!!!

I didn’t realize the pieces varied THAT much in color!!! I went through the same with my carnelian pendant - I wanted blood red, not brown or orange, and fortunately there were several for me to view and try on against my skin. Unfortunately it didn’t seem like I’d have multiple bracelets to choose from in the blue agate...I am hoping for a deepish blue so we’ll see!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t realize the pieces varied THAT much in color!!! I went through the same with my carnelian pendant - I wanted blood red, not brown or orange, and fortunately there were several for me to view and try on against my skin. Unfortunately it didn’t seem like I’d have multiple bracelets to choose from in the blue agate...I am hoping for a deepish blue so we’ll see!

Yes, I've seen varying shades of blue in person and my gf from tPF (who's been to many VCA boutiques) also attests to this. I myself LOVE the deepest blue shade (not just deep-ish, lol), with zero to very little grey. I can't wait to see what you end up with.

If I could find one with a very deep blue shade, I'd JUMP on it! My gf almost bought one for me when she was in Rome but we decided I'd have to see it person. Both she and her husband loved it, but they/ we were concerned my eyes would perceive it differently. So I passed, much to my dismay! I have to wait patiently, bc there are only so many pieces my local boutiques can bring in.

Last edited:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I've seen varying shades of blue in person and my gf from tPF (who's been to many VCA boutiques) also attests to this. I myself LOVE the deepest blue shade (not just deep-ish, lol). I can't wait to see what you end up with.

If I could find one with a very deep blue shade, I'd JUMP on it! My gf almost bought me one when she was in Rome but we decided I'd have to see it person. So I passed, much to my dismay! I have to wait patiently, bc there are only so many pieces my local boutiques can bring in.

Really good to know!! I completely understand wanting the deepest blue like the beautiful lapis they used to offer, everyone has their own preferences! I say deep-ish bc although I want a darker shade, I want it to clearly look blue and not black. I hope you’re able to find your perfect one soon!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really good to know!! I completely understand wanting the deepest blue like the beautiful lapis they used to offer, everyone has their own preferences! I say deep-ish bc although I want a darker shade, I want it to clearly look blue and not black.

Yesss!! My preference for blue agate is exactly that, ie. based on my love for lapis. I really LOVE lapis, like utterly in love with it, but I missed it when it was on offer (it was actually offered to me but was too sick at the time to go do anything about it). I've never seen blue agate that dark blue that it'd turn black and neither has my friend. I think unlike, say Sevres, blue agate would never be that dark. But I'd be happy to be corrected, lol.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in love!!:love::love::love:

Lol!:lol:

Reactions: AV_

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix They look WONDERFUL together. I’m so glad you’re keeping it.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol. My new Magic grey MOP pendant:

Magic Pendant_4.jpg Magic Pendant_5.jpg Magic Pendant_6.jpg

Magic Pendant_1.jpg Magic Pendant_2.jpg Magic Pendant_3.jpg

Magic Pendant_7.jpg Magic Pendant_8.jpg

Magic Pendant_10.jpg

:love::love::love: Wow that is GORGEOUS!!!!! The iridescence is incredible! And holy moly those matching earrings are everything :kiss2: I hate to be an enabler but....you need those!! :lol: The rose gold looks incredible on you - please take some pics with your amazing perlee!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love: Wow that is GORGEOUS!!!!! The iridescence is incredible! And holy moly those matching earrings are everything :kiss2: I hate to be an enabler but....you need those!! :lol: The rose gold looks incredible on you - please take some pics with your amazing perlee!

Thank you!:D

The iridescence is crazy! This is one of the main reasons why I love it so much.

And you're such an enabler!:lol:

Will try to take pics with my Perlee. I absolutely love rose gold. It's so utterly feminine.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix @LLJsmom

It took longer than the promised wait time but the engraving is now perfect. Since I promised....here’s my new classic yg Love!
23F2A60A-BAF0-4DC7-8E82-33FEBDB9C87F.jpeg
C4225544-A875-421D-B1A2-7CA86B463969.jpeg
Love it with your H bracelet. :love::love::love: YG looks absolutely beautiful on you.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it with your H bracelet. :love::love::love: YG looks absolutely beautiful on you.

Thank you!!! I’m quite thrilled with it :kiss2: looking forward to stacking!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix @LLJsmom

It took longer than the promised wait time but the engraving is now perfect. Since I promised....here’s my new classic yg Love!
23F2A60A-BAF0-4DC7-8E82-33FEBDB9C87F.jpeg
C4225544-A875-421D-B1A2-7CA86B463969.jpeg

Gorgeous!!:love:

I do have a weakness for the Love bracelets! So glad the engraving is perfect this time.:clap:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!
Long time lurker on this thread. :bigsmile:
Thank you for sharing some of the most delicious jewellery I’ve ever seen.

I wanted to ask the Cartier Love owners what happened to all your other bracelets once you started wearing your bracelet?

I love bracelets more than any other pieces of jewellery. I own LOTS! :P2

Anyway, as much as I love the Love I haven’t quite committed to it for fear of what would happen to all my other bracelets.

I know that although the Love cuff would be the most practical purchase, I simply can’t shake my desire for the original design, albeit in pink gold.

I am not keen on taking in off and on too often for fear of damaging the screw threads.

I would like to be able to stack it with my 3 JbG diamond cuffs on a regular basis.

I’ll also swap those out for a couple of Vintage Alhambra bracelets that are now firmly on my wish list, courtesy of this thread. :cool2:

I have only tried the Love Bracelet on once this summer as there isn’t a Cartier in my country. It’s either an 8hr drive or a flight away.

This year I chose the Trinity Cord Bracelet for my mother’s da gift and the Juste En Clou Ring small in white gold for my wedding anniversary whilst in Berlin.

I am curious as to whether or not buying your love resulted in all your other pieces being made redundant?

Thank you for your thoughts! :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to see you here, @susimoo! Isn't this a great thread? So much temptation!

I just wanted to tell everyone that I just saw that the VCA VA holiday pendant will be a turquoise color sevres porcelain set in yellow gold. I have mixed feelings in that turquoise is close to being my favorite color, but I already bought the real turquoise perlee earrings in wg, and they couldn't be worn together. So I am not sure it would make any sense for me to get this pendant. Although at $3550, I am not sure I value a tiny piece of porcelain that much.:lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update. I found the Cartier cuff in WG with one diamond and bought it and returned it. Strangely enough it just didn’t move me. For the price I couldn’t keep it. I needed to love it. Oh well. I’m wearing my rose a lot with my Hermes Kelly Dog In etoupe. I am addicted to those cuffs. Just love them.
DF160166-A73F-4F19-BF4F-2B1EC1A01953.jpeg
@susimoo I’ve never loved bracelets as much as I love VCA bracelets so my diamond tennis bracelet is in storage. that is ok by me. I’m so crazy I wear stuff on both arms at the same time. Yeah. I’m nuts. Order of love:
1. VCA bangle
2. VCA vintage 5 motifs (all of them)
3. Hermes cuffs
4. My one and only love cuff that I wear almost exclusively with Hermes cuff.
I look like a branded jewelry whore. :twisted:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

I just wanted to tell everyone that I just saw that the VCA VA holiday pendant will be a turquoise color sevres porcelain set in yellow gold. I have mixed feelings in that turquoise is close to being my favorite color, but I already bought the real turquoise perlee earrings in wg, and they couldn't be worn together. So I am not sure it would make any sense for me to get this pendant. Although at $3550, I am not sure I value a tiny piece of porcelain that much.:lol:
Hi Diamond Seeker2006!

This is a very beautiful, if slippery slope. :lol:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Update. I found the Cartier cuff in WG with one diamond and bought it and returned it. Strangely enough it just didn’t move me. For the price I couldn’t keep it. I needed to love it. Oh well. I’m wearing my rose a lot with my Hermes Kelly Dog In etoupe. I am addicted to those cuffs. Just love them.
DF160166-A73F-4F19-BF4F-2B1EC1A01953.jpeg
@susimoo I’ve never loved bracelets as much as I love VCA bracelets so my diamond tennis bracelet is in storage. that is ok by me. I’m so crazy I wear stuff on both arms at the same time. Yeah. I’m nuts. Order of love:
1. VCA bangle
2. VCA vintage 5 motifs (all of them)
3. Hermes cuffs
4. My one and only love cuff that I wear almost exclusively with Hermes cuff.
I look like a branded jewelry whore. :twisted:

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me such a detailed reply!! I really appreciate it.

You have an amazing collection and I’d love to follow your lead.

It’s both a blessing and a curse that I don’t have access to the Cartier and VCA boutiques :shock::lol-2:

I will upload a picture of my teeny tiny collection later with a view to joining this gang more fully in the coming months!! :saint:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't think I am buying this pendant either. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! Why couldn't they have made the pendant in the natural material of agate? the colour looks to be the same or at least similar! Why use porcelain?! I'm very disappointed! If it'd been natural agate, I'd have considered it even though I already have the TQ Perlee pendant.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
Long time lurker on this thread. :bigsmile:
Thank you for sharing some of the most delicious jewellery I’ve ever seen.

I wanted to ask the Cartier Love owners what happened to all your other bracelets once you started wearing your bracelet?

I love bracelets more than any other pieces of jewellery. I own LOTS! :P2

Anyway, as much as I love the Love I haven’t quite committed to it for fear of what would happen to all my other bracelets.

I know that although the Love cuff would be the most practical purchase, I simply can’t shake my desire for the original design, albeit in pink gold.

I am not keen on taking in off and on too often for fear of damaging the screw threads.

I would like to be able to stack it with my 3 JbG diamond cuffs on a regular basis.

I’ll also swap those out for a couple of Vintage Alhambra bracelets that are now firmly on my wish list, courtesy of this thread. :cool2:

I have only tried the Love Bracelet on once this summer as there isn’t a Cartier in my country. It’s either an 8hr drive or a flight away.

This year I chose the Trinity Cord Bracelet for my mother’s da gift and the Juste En Clou Ring small in white gold for my wedding anniversary whilst in Berlin.

I am curious as to whether or not buying your love resulted in all your other pieces being made redundant?

Thank you for your thoughts! :wavey:

I have many bracelets and although I'd have to say my Cartier pave+ceramic Love is my single most fave jewellery piece, I don't just wear it to the exclusion of the others. I wear my jewellery alternately.

I'm also in two minds re the original Love all gold bracelet and the Love cuff.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I am buying this pendant either. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! Why couldn't they have made the pendant in the natural material of agate? the colour looks to be the same or at least similar! Why use porcelain?! I'm very disappointed! If it'd been natural agate, I'd have considered it even though I already have the TQ Perlee pendant.

I totally agree! I saw that the actual color is exactly like the lighter blue agate, but porcelain! I can't understand what in the world they were thinking! I don't think it will go well with the darker blue agate, and who'd want the agate pieces and this? I know some people just collect all the holiday pendants and they will sell plenty. But I am not buying it, either!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got this a couple of weeks ago. I knew I needed it after seeing videos that @LLJsmom and @hathalove took... :mrgreen2:

8910_SMALL.png

- - - - - - - - - -

8061_SMALL.png

- - - - - - - - - -

8336_SMALL.png

- - - - - - - - - -

8755_SMALL.png

- - - - - - - - - -

8196_SMALL.png

Attachments

• 8846_SMALL.png
    8846_SMALL.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 163
  • ZZZ8819_SMALL.png
    ZZZ8819_SMALL.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 166
  • 8856_SMALL.png
    8856_SMALL.png
    1 MB · Views: 164
  • ZZZ8863_SMALL.png
    ZZZ8863_SMALL.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 155

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With my mini WG Frivole :kiss2: I've worn the WG semi-regularly for two years.

8846_SMALL.png

- - - - - - - - - -

8856_SMALL.png

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie--Your new frivole bracelet is completely gorgeous! :love::love::love: It is just so you and totally your design aesthetic! :appl:

Welcome to slippery slope of purchasing VCA pave pieces! :$$)::$$)::$$):

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results