shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing Tori (aka The One RIng)

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
For years, I thought that I wasn’t a big fan of diamonds. DH offered to upgrade the ring that I had abandoned early on (for a CS that we both liked better) at our 10th anniversary to a 1 ct. i could not imagine spending a lot of money for something that, to use PS parlance, looked like frozen spit. Our 20th anniversary came around. We thought about getting new wedding bands. Saw many nice things but nothing that made us willing to pull the trigger.

Then I discovered PS and the world of old cuts. It didn’t take long for me to announce that I was buying a “rock” for our 25th anniversary and 1 ct just wasn’t going to do. :lol:

I spent hours and hours perusing PS threads and vendor sites. Looked at some rings in person. Decided I wanted an old mine cushion. I figured that I had plenty of time. Our 25th anniversary wasn’t for another year.

Then, toward the end of last summer, I received an unexpected bonus from work. It was about as much as I budgeted for the ring. So I redivided that I should accelerate my timeline. I started by contacting Adam at OWD. I’d seen threads that the process could take some time, so I was prepared to wait. But no. He showed me a few diamonds and one was perfect.

But what to do about a setting? I asked Adam, for his thoughts. he looked through his stash and found the perfect vintage setting. In no time at all, I had that new ring in my finger. Adam was absolutely great to work with.

The ring arrived just in time for our 24th anniversary. Our 25th was last weekend. After a year, I can say that DSS has not set in and I have no plans at all to get rid of her.

TL;DR. 2.74 ct M colored OMC in a vintage platinum setting (not original to the diamond). Arrived a year ago and thanks to the info from PS and the impeccable service from OWD, I have an upgrade that I love and a new found addiction to old cuts.

D38FF072-0D0C-41B3-B134-D775C4CB62AA.jpeg

C5E2DF2E-CF7B-420B-A918-CC76F1982FBB.jpeg 9C1B7A8E-85F3-4AA9-996B-2CDC501A92E3.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous!
Do you have another project in mind to indulge in more old cuts? They’re all so unique it’s tempting to hoard them!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what a lovely story! Beautiful stone, beautiful setting, beautiful stacking! More pictures please! And do you know any other details about your vintage setting? And more details about that stack. And more pictures. Yes yes yes yes, more pictures please! :appl:

Congratulations on your 24th and 25th anniversaries! And many more sparkly ones to come!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats and Happy anniversary! Love the chunky goodness of OMCs. :kiss2:

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
@MakingTheGrade: no current projects in mind but in the last year, I’ve picked up a pair of OMC studs and a few small RHRs. I feel pretty set for the moment— which really means that I’m all over the place in thinking about my next project. :D

@Lykame: no details on the setting. The engraved ring is from VC. Adam actually kept me under budget, so I was really pleased to add a VC creation to my collection with the “extra”. The French cut was purchased from Love Affair diamonds. It’s also a vintage piece. I think maybe something like 1.25 ctw, and around G/H in color.

Thanks so much for the nice compliments. Will Try to take more phots. Sadly, what I posted were the best of the bunch.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Stunning. Just gorgeous! Happy anniversary!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Absolutely gorgeous! Love the setting, well done and congratulations on your anniversary :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WoW! Gorgeous faceting on your beautiful diamond. It’s a gorgeous ring. Love your stack too!!!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Love the setting. Congratulations !!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful diamond, setting, and bands!:love: Many of us have fallen in love with the charm of old cuts! I am so happy you found a diamond you love and can enjoy wearing!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your beautiful new ring, and your anniversaries!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohh, what a lovely set! Happy, happy anniversary!!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! What a stunner! I am fairly new to diamonds too but falling in love with the old cuts... I might have to aim for one myself and yes, over a carat :D Enjoy!!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new ring and love the name!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!!! Gorgeous stone and lovely vintage setting! Welcome to the slippery slope of old cuts! I, too, am a lover especially of OMCs and OMBs!

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much everyone for the good wishes.

@monipod —funny story about my search for an “appropriately” sized diamond. I showed DH a photo of a 1.35 ct OMC in a setting that I liked. He saw the size of the stone on the model’s hand and pronounced it “not very impressive” in size. So it wasn’t much of a sell to get him to agree that I needed a larger stone. :dance:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow gorgeous ring and diamond! Happy 24th anniversary! I’m one year behind you. =)2

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the privilege to see this beauty in person. And it is simply a stunning, bright, lively and white stone. I have seen precision cut antique cushions that are higher in color that looked more tinted than this stone. To say that it faces up white implies that otherwise it looks tinted. It doesn’t just “face up” white, it just freaking is white. And so lively. My eyes were chasing the fire on this stone. Congratulations @Miss Marple Adam found you a beauty. I will never understood old cuts, as much as I can’t resist trying. It’s an experiment with the eyes. Sometimes you see one and you just KNOW you were meant for each other. This beauty was meant for you and the setting was meant for the stone. It’s perfect for it. Makes me want to go even more antique with mine... maybe Edwardian? Congratulations again.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and setting and huge congratulations on your anniversary.

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
@Weecam, @—thanks so much for the good wishes.

@LLJsmom —your compliments really mean a lot to me. I think that MK and her setting are the first old cut ring to really make me swoon. Was such a treat to see her in person and ogle the details.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about this!!!! :love: The stone is gorgeous and the setting is even more perfect! I absolutely adore the craftsmanship and detail in original antique rings :kiss2: So happy Adam was able to find you a perfect anniversary upgrade, even if it came a year early. Wear this beauty in good health and please post a million more pics!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary! and what a perfect ring, I love OMC OECs, there is something just so perfect about their color and personality, they are rainbows.. I love your new ring and I think it signifies a wonderful commitment you guys have for each other! again Happy Anniversary!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thud!!! WOW what a gorgeous stone and setting....and set! I love the delicate, artful old world details of each ring. This ticks off all my boxes!!!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow. Beautiful stone and amazingly intricate setting. It looks simply lovely!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a delicious high crown! :lickout::clap::appl:

It’s gorgeous

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Miss Marple would you mind taking some pics of just Tori and the engraved band from Victor? I’ve been thinking about an engraved band for the longest time and just never committed. Seeing it next to your antique setting will help. TIA!:wavey:

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
@monipod —funny story about my search for an “appropriately” sized diamond. I showed DH a photo of a 1.35 ct OMC in a setting that I liked. He saw the size of the stone on the model’s hand and pronounced it “not very impressive” in size. So it wasn’t much of a sell to get him to agree that I needed a larger stone. :dance:

I have one carat marquise coming soon (a treat to myself) and I'm hoping he'll take a look and think it's not that big a stone either! :D

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! Happy Anniversary!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I just love this! It's SO romantic! Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results