shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there any Amber lover show your collection

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
Oh, I also forgot about two little ornaments, very little, the elephant is 2cm tall,<3cm long. Snail lost a bit of tail and one eye. Both are gifts from my sister in law, bought from different sources with about 5 years gap between them.
20171016_095004.jpg

ZEFERINO ARROYO

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I only have the Burmese Amber. Yours are nice...

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Allgems, what a beautiful collection! Too bad about the rings, but the rest of the pieces seem to have endured. Do you layer the necklaces? Lucky you, you have such a variety of lengths and bead type you could wear a dozen combinations and never repeat any of them :!:

The way you layered the bracelets for the photo is beautiful. I'm sure they feel wonderful when you wear them.:kiss2: "Amber is warm to the touch" I was told by the woman who sold me my first piece of amber.

The rosary with a silver crucifix is such a touching memento. There is a Catholic tradition of praying the Rosary every day in May, so it was a good reminder for me =)2.

It's a beautiful collection, thank you for sharing it. Do you have any plans for buying more?;)2

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
Do you layer the necklaces?
Actually, despite loving amber a lot, I do not wear it often. It just doesn't go with many of my clothes. I wear those smaller, simpler pieces most often. And for the same reason I do not layer, I am not brave enough for so much statement.

"Amber is warm to the touch" I was told by the woman who sold me my first piece of amber.
I have heard that too, and it is true. When I wear other stone bead bracelets, they are initially cool to touch and it takes a while for them to warm up, Amber doesn't have this coldness.

There is a Catholic tradition of praying the Rosary every day in May, so it was a good reminder for me
You just reminded me as well.

Do you have any plans for buying more?
You are such an enabler :lol-2: I know I went a bit crazy, but those pieces were not very expensive (I would be afraid to spend a lot, as I know that it is difficult to "grade" amber), and I just like looking at amber, especially those necklaces, each bead is so different.

Neil 1231

Rough_Rock
Oh, I also forgot about two little ornaments, very little, the elephant is 2cm tall,<3cm long. Snail lost a bit of tail and one eye. Both are gifts from my sister in law, bought from different sources with about 5 years gap between them.
20171016_095004.jpg
Wow a lovely carving

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Arkteia wow great photos! I love the different types of display, especially the amber revolving on a disk, set in sand--which is how I imagine amber is found on various seashores.

Okay, after seeing the small car with amber panels, I'm thinking of other ways to use amber, if I had a billion dollars, I'd have a custom dashboard and or steering wheel grips for my car made out of amber,:D.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ABD0A3EF-1A48-4D71-8A8A-44B2D996F550.jpeg 30562DF7-B662-488A-9DEF-04D7EFF1E07C.jpeg DA9C77ED-A1E6-40C6-AE62-22253B4748AE.jpeg This necklace used to be mine, but I sold it because it didn’t look good with my skin tone. I kind of regret having sold it because it was so beautiful. It was made of natural, untreated, non pressed butterscotch Baltic Amber from a store in Gedansk, Poland. The beads graduated up to 20mm.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
B1792C79-20AB-4649-878F-A2B9DDB70CEA.jpeg 52B70EEA-64CE-454C-ABF4-CBBA1FE182EF.jpeg
Here is my remaining amber collection after having given a number of pieces away:

A Baltic amber pendant....
A very large, (5 -6 inch) Baltic amber and rock crystal ‘primitive fish’ brooch made by an Italian artist.

I love amber but it is my misfortune that most looks ok on me. I wish I could wear it better. I find that the very lightest and darkest varieties look passable with my colors. It is a magical stone. Just mind boggling how old it really is. Now, I would have held onto pieces, just to admire!

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
03625109-92AF-48F0-80EC-5FF9B96C11D4.jpeg AA780BFD-302F-446C-835A-ADAD768D0932.jpeg
These beads in the bracelet, I believed were amber but are copal instead.

And these citrine and amber earrings have a chance of actually being copal, but I don’t much mind either way since they were a wedding gift from a girl friend.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
thought I'd wake this thread up and see if we can get more amber to look at and admire

Apart from Jurassic park i never gave amber much thought till i read about the Amber room that the Nazis looted from the Russians in WW2
and then i discovered cherry amber and then i actually saw someone on the street wearing some in very smart winter clothes (may have been plastic beads for all i knew mind you )
But i knew i had to have some
and then unbelievably some came up on trade me (NZ E-bay). it was the most i ever spent on the internet and i was very nervous
the seller told me she had had them tested and they were genuine
she had had two sets made from an opra necklase which i think was a bit of a crime because I'd love all that extra length
i need to get the necklase restrung and lengthened using the earings and braclette
i don't think an amber braclette is safe on my accident prone wrist !
20190501_175053.jpg
the colour is actually beautiful (that is a kermit the frog green bed cover)
20190501_175104.jpg
this is hopefully baltic amber but its also a bit short
its desperate for a restring
im.hoping the jewler can find some extra to stop me getting strangled
if not i thought about some citrine to jazz up an extender ....but the amber is quite dark

Attachments

• 20190501_175028.jpg
    20190501_175028.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20190501_152929.jpg
    20190501_152929.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 20190501_175028.jpg
    20190501_175028.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 48

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thought I'd wake this thread up and see if we can get more amber to look at and admire

Apart from Jurassic park i never gave amber much thought till i read about the Amber room that the Nazis looted from the Russians in WW2
and then i discovered cherry amber and then i actually saw someone on the street wearing some in very smart winter clothes (may have been plastic beads for all i knew mind you )
But i knew i had to have some
and then unbelievably some came up on trade me (NZ E-bay). it was the most i ever spent on the internet and i was very nervous
the seller told me she had had them tested and they were genuine
she had had two sets made from an opra necklase which i think was a bit of a crime because I'd love all that extra length
i need to get the necklase restrung and lengthened using the earings and braclette
i don't think an amber braclette is safe on my accident prone wrist !
20190501_175053.jpg
the colour is actually beautiful (that is a kermit the frog green bed cover)
20190501_175104.jpg
this is hopefully baltic amber but its also a bit short
its desperate for a restring
im.hoping the jewler can find some extra to stop me getting strangled
if not i thought about some citrine to jazz up an extender ....but the amber is quite dark
Really gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it. I love the faceted cherry amber necklace! And the citrine one is just beautiful. Just curious, are you able to layer the citrine and the amber?

This sounds like a fun project! If you are up for DIY, If there is a jewelry supply near you, gold wire is not too expensive, and then all you have to do is to bend the hoops with 2 round needle nose pliers to switch out the metal in the bracelet. Restringing is not that hard...especially with YouTube videos. Now there are beading threads which do not stretch, which is great. You could even use some gold chain in the back to make the length adjustable.

I once came across a delicate faceted cherry Amber necklace that truly sparkled and the color of cherry Amber is something else. I really regret not having purchased it. The beads were elongated and sort of witchy looking, though it was a short necklace. It would have been a perfect cold Fall day piece and now I can imagine it with a carved jet pendant. But it’s long gone now. ::)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it. I love the faceted cherry amber necklace! And the citrine one is just beautiful. Just curious, are you able to layer the citrine and the amber?

This sounds like a fun project! If you are up for DIY, If there is a jewelry supply near you, gold wire is not too expensive, and then all you have to do is to bend the hoops with 2 round needle nose pliers to switch out the metal in the bracelet. Restringing is not that hard...especially with YouTube videos. Now there are beading threads which do not stretch, which is great. You could even use some gold chain in the back to make the length adjustable.

I once came across a delicate faceted cherry Amber necklace that truly sparkled and the color of cherry Amber is something else. I really regret not having purchased it. The beads were elongated and sort of witchy looking, though it was a short necklace. It would have been a perfect cold Fall day piece and now I can imagine it with a carved jet pendant. But it’s long gone now. ::)
thank you bluegems
oh i wish you had grabbed that cherry amber when you did
that's why i knew i had to have mine first time i saw it
i was lucky no one else made a bid

im not good with DIY projects in that i enjoy i enjoy the process rather than the finished project. (do you remember a thingy sold on tv called the Bedazler that stuck rindstones to your clothes ?? OTT is me )
i guess you can get the 'pearl' string in different colours ?
im not sure i could no the noting but if stretch is a thing of the past that is great news
the yellow necklas is also amber but i never thought of wearing them together. thank you ill dedinatly try once they are both wearable.
i had thought of using citrene to extend the back of the yellow necklase maybe ??? i don't want anything harder to touch the amber though - i have read horror stories
the cherry amber seems to have small dark garnets between the beads and i want them gone because im scared they will scratch and weaken the cherry amber

Funny you mention.the jet because i have two necklases both too tight and one with a few chips so i plan to condense it into one but the beads are two diffetent shapes and im not confident in myself making it pleasing to the eye without help
When i get around to it, I'll have to start a thread for that !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bluegemz thank you for the DIY advice, I'm going to look into it
also please excuse all my typos above

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This pendant is not mine, I saw it at a local jewelry store today, Baltic Amber from Poland, the owner of the store also happens to be Polish. This piece really came to life under the light. It was priced at $550 or less.

IMG_6280.JPG IMG_6281.JPG

Evgeniya

Rough_Rock
Trade
And here are the pendants and brooches, most of them in silver. The top pendant in 14K or lower gold. The spider pendant was a gift from my brother when we were kids.
20180503_111621.jpg

White butterfly is beautiful :kiss2:

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
My amber collection! Wanting to convert some to pendants. amb1.jpg

And close-ups of the 'inclusions.'

amb2.jpg

amb3.jpg

amb4.jpg

amb5.jpg

amb6.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results