shape
carat
color
clarity

Talk me out of this ebay purchase...

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
Breaking the cardinal rules considering this ebay ring (14k yg, size 6.5) - no cert, no official specs, no returns, but price is intriguing ($1175). Sold as an estate piece so "Center is approximately .60 ct. 1 -10 pt, 5-1 pt. Tcw is approximately .75. Si -1 clarity,g,h in color" is all the detail in the listing (seems they miscounted the 1 pointers?). Seller has positive feedback and the one negative review seems like a misunderstanding. I have no interest in the ring itself or the design, but solely the center OEC. Tell me this is a terrible idea! (But really you can just be honest)

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Breaking the cardinal rules considering this ebay ring (14k yg, size 6.5) - no cert, no official specs, no returns, but price is intriguing ($1175). Sold as an estate piece so "Center is approximately .60 ct. 1 -10 pt, 5-1 pt. Tcw is approximately .75. Si -1 clarity,g,h in color" is all the detail in the listing (seems they miscounted the 1 pointers?). Seller has positive feedback and the one negative review seems like a misunderstanding. I have no interest in the ring itself or the design, but solely the center OEC. Tell me this is a terrible idea! (But really you can just be honest)

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
This ring is in my watch list on eBay. I love the diamonds, they look lively/nicely cut. I have a similarily designed ring with a rose cut diamond that I bought on ebay too, I wasn't a huge fan of the design but it actually looks nice on. I also bought it for the diamond.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Also I think that the price is good (it was on my watch list for like a month and they dropped the price). Just ask the seller about the diamond measurements and if they are eye clean. I personally think it's a good deal.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a good deal for the 2 major stones. You can trade in the mounting for metal credit. I say go for it!

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
Also I think that the price is good (it was on my watch list for like a month and they dropped the price). Just ask the seller about the diamond measurements and if they are eye clean. I personally think it's a good deal.

Thanks for the input! I sent a message to the seller asking for more specs/pics on the center if available. You confirmed my thoughts about it, but it is a little nerve wracking to consider buying without any refund option.

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
From the seller confirming SI with "white inclusions very tiny crystals"

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
From the seller confirming SI with "white inclusions very tiny crystals"
I think it's a good deal and if anything is wrong with the ring you can still return it because of ebay's buyer protection. If you buy it, get it looked at by a jeweler.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Are there any head on pictures of the two larger stones? I really like it!

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
Got a few extra pics but a little blurry. Are these the views you mean @Slick1 ?

s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got a few extra pics but a little blurry. Are these the views you mean @Slick1 ?

s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg

It seems the center stone is slightly tilted in all of the pics. I’d want to see a picture straight on, into the table of the stone to see the faceting clearer, especially if you are buying it for the stones. Good luck!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a best offer? I personally wouldn't spend $1175 to get a 0.6 ct stone... $850 at most. The center diamond does look good though.

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
Is there a best offer? I personally wouldn't spend $1175 to get a 0.6 ct stone... $850 at most. The center diamond does look good though.
Seems like a standard bid process with the minimum start at 1175. In a follow up message to the seller I asked if she was considering offers.

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
Offers not being accepted :|. I'm still pretty novice with OEC's but it just looks larger than it sounds. Though it's always hard to tell with zoomed in pictures. I'm constantly holding a ruler to my finger to try to visualize but it's not working so well! Still giving it some thought and getting DH on board possibly. The facets are pretty from what I can tell, even in the yellowish lighting...

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Offers not being accepted :|. I'm still pretty novice with OEC's but it just looks larger than it sounds. Though it's always hard to tell with zoomed in pictures. I'm constantly holding a ruler to my finger to try to visualize but it's not working so well! Still giving it some thought and getting DH on board possibly. The facets are pretty from what I can tell, even in the yellowish lighting...
I think the diamonds are nice and the price is fair. The price was $1,375 around a month ago.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If you can get the dimensions then use a free CAD program like DraftSight to draw a circle TO SCALE and print out on a piece of paper. Cut the circle out and there is a diamond true to size that you can put on your finger. :cool2:

Actually if you just tell me the exact dimensions, I will print one to PDF for you and upload so you can print.

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
If you can get the dimensions then use a free CAD program like DraftSight to draw a circle TO SCALE and print out on a piece of paper. Cut the circle out and there is a diamond true to size that you can put on your finger. :cool2:

Actually if you just tell me the exact dimensions, I will print one to PDF for you and upload so you can print.

Nice - thanks for the offer! However "It’s really hard to measure between the prongs and the diamond. It’s approximately 5.5 mm or more and looks deep" is all I could get from the seller...not quite exact as you're requesting :((

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
See attached. Drawn at 5.5mm diameter.

Attachments

• NONAME_1.pdf
    1 KB · Views: 40

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
See attached. Drawn at 5.5mm diameter.
Hehe thanks! I'm glad no one walked in on me trying to cut that out with giant office scissors :P2. This helps a lot!

IMG_20190821_162117.jpg

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe thanks! I'm glad no one walked in on me trying to cut that out with giant office scissors :P2. This helps a lot!

IMG_20190821_162117.jpg

Haha, glad it worked out for you. :cool2:

When I was shopping for my wedding band, my wife thought I was crazy because I wasn't sure the width I wanted and made paper models to get an approximate feel.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results