carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Help

emipastor21

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone,

Love the community and its been pretty insightful reading what everyone has posted. I was hoping to get some feedback on a diamond I was thinking of purchasing.
It passes all the proportion tests for becoming a super ideal and the Aset/ Ideal Scope look really good from what I see and its around my budget($13,300).
Carat: 1.66
Color: G
Clarity: Vs1

Depth:60.7
Table:57
Crown angle: 34.5
Pavilion angle: 40.6

Here's the Aset and picture of the diamond:
Link for video: https://dna.stonehdfile.com/ViewHD.html?d=219115574

Any feedback would be really appreciated!
Thanks again!
12773147 - ASET Image.JPG 12773147 - Idealscope.JPG 12773147 - Magnified image.JPG Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 22.43.28.png

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ASET and idealscope images look good to my eyes. More seasoned PSers may have a more detailed analysis for you. This is by far better than 95% of the diamonds you’ll see in maul jewelry stores.

emipastor21

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the input ringo!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks good to me!

emipastor21

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

emipastor21

Rough_Rock
Trade
It scored less a 1 on the HCA score but from what I've read its ok even though there's a disclaimer that an hca less than 1 isnt ideal for diamonds. I saw other threads on this that its great as long as you have the aset images backing it up.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It scored less a 1 on the HCA score but from what I've read its ok even though there's a disclaimer that an hca less than 1 isnt ideal for diamonds. I saw other threads on this that its great as long as you have the aset images backing it up.
Yup, that's right. Under 1 on the HCA is still worth considering, but it's potentially less ideal for rings (but great for earrings/necklaces). But if you have the images backing up ideal light performance then I really wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Never mind the quibbles with HCA<1 The ASET of this stone does not show any extra contrast (black) that the scaremongering footnote to the HCA insists on; those seem to be serious rarities...

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
, please post when finished ring is done!

emipastor21

Rough_Rock
Trade
Never mind the quibbles with HCA<1 The ASET of this stone does not show any extra contrast (black) that the scaremongering footnote to the HCA insists on; those seem to be serious rarities...
Apologies
Ok perfect so the fact that its less than a 1 shouldnt really play a factor in this case because of the ASET? The rarity in this case would be that it would expect additional contrast to be presented in the aset but it doesnt appear in this case? Thanks again for the input and advice!

Reactions: AV_

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apologies
Ok perfect so the fact that its less than a 1 shouldnt really play a factor in this case because of the ASET? The rarity in this case would be that it would expect additional contrast to be presented in the aset but it doesnt appear in this case? Thanks again for the input and advice!
Yes, the ASET confirms this is a great stone. Don't worry!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Apologies
Ok perfect so the fact that its less than a 1 shouldnt really play a factor in this case because of the ASET?

Yes.

The rarity in this case would be that it would expect additional contrast to be presented in the aset but it doesnt appear in this case?

I meant to say that diamonds with HCA less than 1 are less common to begin with, and, out of these, most that do turn up on this forum do not have any notable darkness on the ASET pattern (like yours).

emipastor21

Rough_Rock
Trade
Sounds good thanks AV for the input, I appreciate it!

Reactions: AV_

emipastor21

Rough_Rock
Trade
Final ring is attached, it came out amazing! Thanks again for all your help in recommending and giving me feedback on the diamond!

emipastor21

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks Pandadiamond!
Pretty much what I did was I looked at all websites and plugged in the info below(also used the pricescope tool which has the info for most vendors and advanced tools to take into account depth + table%). Once I found matches , I requested the ideal scope images and aset images (if they didnt have them listed). Some websites it was pretty difficult to find the certificate and make sure the crown and pavilion angles were within the range. Ultimately the Aset and Ideal scope images will confirm whether or not its a great diamond.

Good luck!

Table: 55-57
Depth: 60-62.4
Crown: 34-35
Pavillion: 40.6-40.9

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results