shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you set this 8.6ct Hot Pink Tourmaline Pear

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can you imagine this as a ring AND a pendant??? It would be glorious.

99a364ff-5b69-408b-bd8a-26dc733a4524-jpeg.638179
If anyone has $30k to spare... the stone looks so stunningly unreal...

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rin...iamonds-rubellite-cocktail-ring/id-j_2739573/
Thank you @icy_jade and @suzanne2. DW ecxlaimed "WOW" when I showed her this....we are making progress!!

We spent about $2K for our stone, I bet David Klass could match that 1.9ct diamond setting for a whole lot less than $26K!!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Glad DW likes it. I went wow when I first saw it on 1st dibs too. And then wow wow when I saw the price hahahaha.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I do not have a photo to hand, however I have always liked Chrono's diamond halo for her gorgeous Mahenge Spinal pear.

DK :))
Yes @dk168 here is a photo of Chrono's beautiful ring, followed by a photo of Bright Ice's equally beautiful ring by Victor Canera, as kindly posted earlier by @Acinom. There are subtle differences between the two, in that Victor has somehow managed to maintain a 1.5 L/W for both stone and halo, mostly I think by using a larger diamond at the tip of the pear.

Pear Chrono 1.jpg Pear Mahenge Spinel Ring by Victor Canera 4.JPG

Attachments

• Pear Mahenge Spinel Ring by Victor Canera 1.JPG
    Pear Mahenge Spinel Ring by Victor Canera 1.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 24

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@prs your tourmaline is stunningly beautiful! Here’s my tourmaline to give you another idea. Still a halo, but the lacy edging and tapered shoulders are a little different.
Sorry about the awful picture, it’s all I have for now...
665C8680-A38D-43E3-A127-8A1FC6F32261.png

Reactions: prs

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is the bottom. More lovely milgrain. (Not my actual ring)
B0D943A8-A4F7-4BCA-99C1-8F268AE27D8F.jpeg

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
@prs your tourmaline is stunningly beautiful! Here’s my tourmaline to give you another idea. Still a halo, but the lacy edging and tapered shoulders are a little different.

I love the scalloped edging! Definitely stands out from other halos.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glad DW likes it. I went wow when I first saw it on 1st dibs too. And then wow wow when I saw the price hahahaha.

These 2 settings are my favourite out of the ones shared here. The 1stdibs design is an architectural composition in fluidity and metal. Definitely a conversation piece and headturner everytime it's worn.

The scalloped edge is a lil vintage, classic and evergreen design more suitable for daily wear.

Can't go wrong with either.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Deathspi thank you for posting your gorgeous ring, I do like the scalloped edge of the halo.

It just amazes me that something as simple as a halo can be subtly modified in so many different ways, while maintaining the beauty of the piece, but reflecting the personality and taste of each individual owner!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Here’s another unusual setting. Peacock feather is the inspiration I believe.

D9DD5A2B-3083-4593-B47A-6F9ABC5412C4.jpeg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Can you imagine this in paraiba with the pink pear? It would be incredible. Is it too big for a ring though?

I think a more streamlined/simplified form (which I anyway will prefer) could work...

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your ideas and suggestions. At the moment it looks like we will use icy_jades's IstDibs ring as our inspiration. We will have to make some changes because, if we maintained the same scale, our ring would end up 21 mm wide. We have a couple of projects in progress at DKJ, so it will be awhile before we kick this one off. I'll start a separate thread on the ring/pendant idea as I can't find anything on how this might be done.

Pear 1stDibs1.jpg Pear 1stDibs2.png

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your ideas and suggestions. At the moment it looks like we will use icy_jades's IstDibs ring as our inspiration. We will have to make some changes because, if we maintained the same scale, our ring would end up 21 mm wide. We have a couple of projects in progress at DKJ, so it will be awhile before we kick this one off. I'll start a separate thread on the ring/pendant idea as I can't find anything on how this might be done.

It's going to be amazing :lickout:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

That’s great! Pls keep us posted and I’m happy to have helped. :P2

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited to watch this come to life!!!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to let everyone know this project is still very much alive. Thanks again for all the suggestions and particularly @icy_jade for the inspiration photo that won DW's heart. We've been working with Amy at DKJ since December on the design, let's just say that turning an inspiration for a flat bottomed cabochon ring into a convertible ring/pendant for a gem with a pavilion was more of a challenge than I anticipated. :eek2:

The last piece of the design was figuring out how to do the detachable bale, not particularly easy when the stone is a pear! Anyway Amy worked it out with one of her jewelers, and we are driving down there tomorrow to check it out. I will start a new thread once we have the the ringdant in hand, but in the meantime here are a couple of photos from DKJ =)2

Hot Pink Tourmaline Ringdant DK2.jpg Hot Pink Tourmaline Ringdant DK4.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I love it!! Lotsa pics pls when you have it. :love:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to let everyone know this project is still very much alive. Thanks again for all the suggestions and particularly @icy_jade for the inspiration photo that won DW's heart. We've been working with Amy at DKJ since December on the design, let's just say that turning an inspiration for a flat bottomed cabochon ring into a convertible ring/pendant for a gem with a pavilion was more of a challenge than I anticipated. :eek2:

The last piece of the design was figuring out how to do the detachable bale, not particularly easy when the stone is a pear! Anyway Amy worked it out with one of her jewelers, and we are driving down there tomorrow to check it out. I will start a new thread once we have the the ringdant in hand, but in the meantime here are a couple of photos from DKJ =)2

Hot Pink Tourmaline Ringdant DK2.jpg Hot Pink Tourmaline Ringdant DK4.jpg
Omg that's amazing!!! I cannot wait to see pics once you have it!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! I must say that when you do something, you do it RIGHT!!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Holy Moly!! That is spectacular!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'm holding my breath to see your pictures. It looks gorgeous in the glamour photos!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Waiting! :)

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We did pick up our ringdant on Friday, it is everything we had hoped for!

New thread is in SMTB, here is a LINK

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an amazing piece, Peter! It looks equally beautiful as a ring and as a pendant :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
No words, but...:love::love::love:

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
Very nice, I like it more as a pendant though :kiss2::mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results