shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash ACA or Brilliant Earth super ideal

global

Rough_Rock
A whiteflash ACA 2.2 G VS1 is priced similar to BE 2.2 D VVS1. Seems to me the BE is the better choice. Is a WF ACA superior to a BE super ideal cut? BE has the better clarity and color. Thanks!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A whiteflash ACA 2.2 G VS1 is priced similar to BE 2.2 D VVS1. Seems to me the BE is the better choice. Is a WF ACA superior to a BE super ideal cut? BE has the better clarity and color. Thanks!
What is BE? do you mean b2c?

You need to post more info about the D VVS1, because color and clarity alone isn't enough info. WF ACA is one of the best cuts available, and most random gia XXX will be significantly worse.

global

Rough_Rock
sorry new to all this! both are round.
its marketed as super ideal cut on the brilliant earth site. on the GIA cert it states excellent. main difference I see is that flouresence is medium for the one from brilliant earth and the lower clarity and color for the one from WF.
Measurements:
8.47mm x 8.41mm x 5.26mm
Table:
59.0%
Depth:
62.4%
Symmetry:
Excellent
Polish:
Excellent
Girdle:
Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet:
None
Fluorescence:
Medium

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The BE super ideal designation is bogus in my opinion.
To be super ideal it has to have images proving it that includes: light performance images(IS/ASET), hearts and arrows images and gia ex with angles in the ideal range or be ags0 on a ags report.
Some of the stones that BE is calling super-ideal I would consider to be poor cut, I saw one with a 41.4 pavilion angle which is way outside of the ideal range.
There is no proof of any of the claims they make.
Bogus.

They are taking an enthusiast term(its not a trade term) and trying to twist it for their own profit in my opnion.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP
The stone you posted above will not meet "super ideal" ACA specs. IOW, you are comparing ground beef to a rib eye steak.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ACA will be far superior to the BE diamond. The WF is cut in-house and to super tight cut parameters. The BE? No idea but unlikely they cut their own stones

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry new to all this! both are round.
its marketed as super ideal cut on the brilliant earth site. on the GIA cert it states excellent. main difference I see is that flouresence is medium for the one from brilliant earth and the lower clarity and color for the one from WF.
Measurements:
8.47mm x 8.41mm x 5.26mm
Table:
59.0%
Depth:
62.4%
Symmetry:
Excellent
Polish:
Excellent
Girdle:
Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet:
None
Fluorescence:
Medium
Glad to hear you are going with WF! But just FYI, gia XXX is not sufficient to guarantee top performance. In fact, most gia XXX stones aren't great. BE is randomly calling things "super ideal" to make money when they have zero basis for that claim.

WF ACA is a true super ideal line of stones that are all in house (whereas BE orders from overseas so they don't actually have the stones they list and can't look at them to help you decide). Basically, BE is full of sh*t when they call a random gia XXX a "super ideal".

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In my opinion Brilliant Earth is an unethical company. Their superideal designation is horrendous and useless, and they were also caught passing diamonds that were not of Canadian origin as Canadian.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my opinion Brilliant Earth is an unethical company. Their superideal designation is horrendous and useless, and they were also caught passing diamonds that were not of Canadian origin as Canadian.
Exactly

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Basically, BE is full of sh*t when they call a random gia XXX a "super ideal".
Yup, especially with no H&A pics confirming it is a super ideal cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results