shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond studs upgrade

Ellen87

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I’m thinking to upgrade my diamond studs 0.8 cttw. I want to go as big as I can and my budget is $3k. I would love my next pair be over 1.15+ carat total.I’m not color sensitive, and I don’t mind to go as low as I, even J if it’s a good deal. And I don’t mind to get SI2. My current pair from BlueNile and I do upgrade through them. I’m not in a rush at all but this morning I found pair of diamonds I like and it’s a good size for my budget. I just want to hear what you think about them. Thank you https://www.bluenile.com/build-your...tails/LD12584726-LD12588582?refTab=COMPARISON

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1– grade setting cavity—does it reach the surface?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t ask that.. what if it does?

Would be a pain in the butt to clean I would think. Possible durability issues?

To upgrade my BN studs, I had to wait about a month or month and a half IIRC and the perfect pair popped up.

Ellen87

Rough_Rock
Would be a pain in the butt to clean I would think. Possible durability issues?

To upgrade my BN studs, I had to wait about a month or month and a half IIRC and the perfect pair popped up.
yes I’ve been looking through the website for last couple months.. I’ll ask them about cavity.. maybe more people will say here what they think :whistle:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn’t get #1 because of the cavity. I would keep looking..

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I hope you didn’t get these as the second stone appears to have some spots that were visible. I would go down in color to a J VS ideal of course and get largest can afford. I have two pair of J studs ideal cut VS from BN and they are beautiful. Sparkle like crazy. I just checked and if you go down to J you can get 1.40 studs VS Ideal for around 3k.

Last edited:

Ellen87

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I hope you didn’t get these as the second stone appears to have some spots that were visible. I would go down in color to a J VS ideal of course and get largest can afford. I have two pair of J studs ideal cut VS from BN and they are beautiful. Sparkle like crazy. I just checked and if you go down to J you can get 1.40 studs VS Ideal for around 3k.
no I didn’t get them but I put them on hold. Bigger is better!! But I hate to pay for VS for an earrings.. I feel that I could do SI and no one will see inclusions in my earringso_O But I LOVE 1,4 carat.. could you share link for them?

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
no I didn’t get them but I put them on hold. Bigger is better!! But I hate to pay for VS for an earrings.. I feel that I could do SI and no one will see inclusions in my earringso_O But I LOVE 1,4 carat.. could you share link for them?
Hi
Since you were against VS I changed the criteria to SI1. Even though the price from SI1 to VS was less than 200 dollars. I Couldn’t get past what I saw in SI2 so I didn’t check them. Not sure how to link but here are the stone numbers for SI1 that I saw. LD12375906, LD12413327. Also there were 9 pair under 3200 dollars in this size and price range to choose from.

Ellen87

Rough_Rock
Hi
Since you were against VS I changed the criteria to SI1. Even though the price from SI1 to VS was less than 200 dollars. I Couldn’t get past what I saw in SI2 so I didn’t check them. Not sure how to link but here are the stone numbers for SI1 that I saw. LD12375906, LD12413327. Also there were 9 pair under 3200 dollars in this size and price range to choose from.
HCA is over 4 on the diamond you suggest, It doesn’t work..I will keep looking , thank you

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
HCA is over 4 on the diamond you suggest, It doesn’t work..I will keep looking , thank you
I didn’t check the HCA on the stones. Was just finding options for you. They had several in thAt size and range.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely prioritize cut over clarity for earrings (for all stones, actually, but in earrings I think color and clarity aren't that important bc they are on your ears. So J/SI1 seems totally fine to me.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I’m thinking to upgrade my diamond studs 0.8 cttw. I want to go as big as I can and my budget is $3k. I would love my next pair be over 1.15+ carat total.I’m not color sensitive, and I don’t mind to go as low as I, even J if it’s a good deal. And I don’t mind to get SI2. My current pair from BlueNile and I do upgrade through them. I’m not in a rush at all but this morning I found pair of diamonds I like and it’s a good size for my budget. I just want to hear what you think about them. Thank you https://www.bluenile.com/build-your...tails/LD12584726-LD12588582?refTab=COMPARISON
I like these, but on my phone it only shows 1 cert. No idea why, it happens even when I clicked on the 2nd stone. But as long as the cavity isn't huge and won't trap dirt I think they look good.

Ellen87

Rough_Rock
9729AE01-E517-4D25-8153-66C43202910D.jpeg
I like these, but on my phone it only shows 1 cert. No idea why, it happens even when I clicked on the 2nd stone. But as long as the cavity isn't huge and won't trap dirt I think they look good.
Okay I tried to attach Gia for the second stone,
On the first stone cavity not the first characteristic for clarity so I wonder if it’s not a big deal :roll: And if my jewelry insured and it covers damage, I should be fine even if crack my stud, right :lol: I just keep looking and looking at stones and I don’t see many I like with my budget and size I want...

Attachments

• 11ABEFF6-38B0-4D15-9183-62E7053894ED.png
    11ABEFF6-38B0-4D15-9183-62E7053894ED.png
    360.1 KB · Views: 46

Elmira19

Rough_Rock
Hopefully people will help you here, I’m interested in studs as well..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results