shape
carat
color
clarity

Donald Trump: "Go Back Where You Came From"

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump mention Ilhan Omar at his rally tonight and the chants from the crowd were “send her back”. Trump paused to give the chanters momentum.

This President is sick and dangerous.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump mention Ilhan Omar at his rally tonight and the chants from the crowd were “send her back”. Trump paused to give the chanters momentum.

This President is sick and dangerous.
No surprise. Just disgust. Literally anyone who votes for him is either overtly racist or is 100% ok with racism. Enough is enough.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I read an interesting article which suggested that Trump is doing this deliberately to shift attention away from his incompetence, knowing that his supporters (and many of the people in the swing vote areas) will not only not care, but that goading the Democrats into taking the bait and turning this into an issue will put off the very people that they need to persuade to come to their side and cost them the election. I actually think this is true.

This is absolutely true. It’s all nothing but another sideshow in the circus of which Trump is the ringleader. Why does it matter if his supporters (who if CNN is to be believed are mostly well-coiffed blonde white women) can’t be convinced that Trump is a racist? Healthcare, environmental crises, underemployment, student debt and immigration issues are on the back burner while we obsess about Trump tweets.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read an interesting article which suggested that Trump is doing this deliberately to shift attention away from his incompetence, knowing that his supporters (and many of the people in the swing vote areas) will not only not care, but that goading the Democrats into taking the bait and turning this into an issue will put off the very people that they need to persuade to come to their side and cost them the election. I actually think this is true.

Yes, this is what my dh thinks too.
All I know is this presidency is unreal. As in difficult to believe and completely insane.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't find it now, but I saw a tweet/meme in response to this, and it said something like:
"Funny how Donald Trump can tell people who don't like america to go back where they came from, but tells the immigrants seeking asylum that they should stay and fix their own corrupt governments"
Interesting that I've heard(read) the exact same thing on this very forum.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By his own criteria all of his wives should be "sent back again" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just waiting for someone or a clever cartoonist to point that out.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omar came to the US as a refugee then became a member of congress, and as a member of congress continues to talk trash about her own country and being hostile against Jews. The Dem. party still wouldn't dare to condemn her... :rolleyes: If Trump wins re-election in 2020 she and her other three radical Dems (the squad) are partly responsible.

I don't favor Omar nor O-C, but as long as Omar came into the country legally, and got elected lawfully, telling her to go back is illegal and undemocratic, and this country is based on law and democracy.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By his own criteria all of his wives should be "sent back again" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just waiting for someone or a clever cartoonist to point that out.

Marla Maples was born in the United States. He married her, unlike Melania and Ivana, because she was pregnant and his father told him he had to.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marla Maples was born in the United States. He married her, unlike Melania and Ivana, because she was pregnant and his father told him he had to.

I stand corrected, by his own reasoning two of his wives should be told to "go back to where they came from." I pity all three of them.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stand corrected, by his own reasoning two of his wives should be told to "go back to where they came from." I pity all three of them.

My pity for Melania, once strong, has worn thin. On the flip side, I used to have no pity for Marla Maples. I saw her as a homewrecker. Donald Trump treated her like dirt, however. One description of her wedding to him said there wasn't a damp eye in the house (or church). I think she seems to have been the least prepared woman to get wrapped up in a marriage to Trump. Not that she couldn't buy and sell me, of course. But she is still bound up with him through sharing a child and having all sorts of legal agreements in which she is entangled. That is ugly.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All this effort to put forth a hearing and a vote about Trump’s racism.... and I’m not saying it wasn’t necessary, but did anyone else get the feeling that this was time wasted when there was something BIGGER that needs to be addressed? Maybe i’m Not saying this correctly...this was a distraction. Trump was antagonizing and as long as he keeps Pelosi busy, she won’t be focused on impeaching him.

She should be focusing on Mueller’s report and Trump’s illegal actions.

I’m very sorry for these congress people. I understand they are insulted and that the racism they endured is a very big deal. But our country is in crisis and no one seems to give a shit.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it was appropriate that he was censored by congress for his comments. These were not even nameless immigrants, but respected members of congress. At this point there is no ambiguity in Trump's racism and bigotry.

I only recently learned that many of Trump's slogans originated from white supremacists sites, including "America First" and "love it or leave it". He has re-tweeted comments and content from alt-right and white supremacist sites.

gettyimages-america first.jpg loveitorleaveit.jpg

Attachments

• loveitorleaveit.jpg
    loveitorleaveit.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 26

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is from a Slate article, that compiles some of the twitter feeds that the President and his son apparently follow and have re-tweeted.
These accounts include:

@whitegenocidetm, the anonymous Twitter user who made a joke about Jeb Bush that then-candidate Trump retweeted in January 2016. (“White genocide” is the far right’s term for the left’s alleged goal of replacing white populations with non-white ones through immigration.)

@neilturner_, whose Twitter bio (per Politico) included the phrase “#WhiteGenocide is real,” and who Trump @’d or retweeted six times during the 2016 primaries.

@keksec_org, an account whose archived tweets include racial slurs and race-war rhetoric and who Trump retweeted five times. (According to the Hill, @keksec_org also tweeted frequently about the alleged unique attractiveness of white women.)

More prominently, there’s Jayda Fransen, a far-right British politician who was publicly kicked off Twitter not long after Trump retweeted three hoax videos from her account that purported to show Muslims engaging in violence against whites. (Fransen’s fringe party, in the descriptionof the New York Times, believes that “white Christian civilization is under threat from Muslims.”)

There’s also Milo Yiannopoulos, the former Breitbart writer who has been revealed to have solicited input on Breitbart stories from self-avowed white nationalists (including the proprietor of a neo-Nazi site called the Daily Stormer) and was booted from Twitter for inciting harassment against black actress Leslie Jones. Trump never retweeted Yiannopoulos’ account per se, so I didn’t count him for purposes of the headline, but he did take a question from Yiannopoulos during a campaign Reddit Q&A and promoted him by name on Twitter after taking office. As a candidate, Trump also infamously retweeted a fake graphic about black crime and an anti-Semitic Star of David image from accounts that appear to have been self-deactivated.

Trump Jr., meanwhile, has been caught following (or “caught,” because maybe he doesn’t care who knows it) at least three openly racist and/or anti-Semitic accounts—a writer named Vox Day, a notorious far-right figure who goes by the anonymous handle “Ricky Vaughn,” and a random racist with the handle AdolfJoeBidenTM—that are now suspended.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results