shape
carat
color
clarity

DD#2 gave birth at work...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our granddaughter decided to come out and explore the world 5 weeks earlier than expected. DD texted me Sunday evening from work at about 9:30 pm said she was in pain, so her supervisor put her in a wheelchair and took her down to the ER. By the time she checked into the ER she was already dilated 10cm :o so it was too late for her to go to the hospital where she was scheduled to give birth which was like 30 miles away, so they send a NICU team of 4 from another hospital which was about 10 miles away to take delivery of her baby, b/c the hospital where she works no longer have labor and delivery.

She was in labor for only 3 hrs. She gave birth to a small but very healthy 4lb 12oz 17" baby girl on July 22 at 12:30 am. Immediately after birth mommy and baby was transferred in an ambulance along with the NICU team back to their hospital. Baby is breathing on her own w/o any assistance from medical devices. :appl:

Here's proud grandma with our new D FL granddaughter.

IMG_5977.jpeg
IMG_3982.jpeg

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! What a story!! Congratulations to everyone! Sooo glad DD and Baby are OK. This must have been very scary and stressful for them and your whole family. Take good care of the little precious princesses.

Mich health and happiness to all of you!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! What an ordeal!! Speedy recovery to mama! So glad baby girl is doing well!! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww what a precious little girl!:kiss2: Sending your DD bucketloads of healing vibes and speedy recovery wishes. Congratulations! And Mazel Tov!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!
Beautiful pictures, but most of all -great news mom and baby are well.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a champion mama, that must have been pretty nerve wracking! She's utterly divine :love::love: Congratulations all!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These little people do have a habit of not keeping to schedules :D lol

Congrats to everyone on the new addition! :))

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many congratulations & blessings to your entire family! Glad to read mother & baby are doing well. :appl:

Hikari

Rough_Rock
That is fantastic!!! Small but healthy is just fine. Early babies can be very scary and I’m sure your DD was extremely nervous. Glad she and baby are well. Congratulations!!!!’

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I am glad they are both okay! Take good care of both of them!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, I'm so happy for you & your family they are both safe and doing well!!!!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huge congratulations to all your family, albeit a dramatic delivery. Another bling lover into the family.

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
So glad all are doing well! Enjoy that precious bundle!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, that will be some story to share in the years to come! Congrats on the newest arrival and glad that Mom and baby are doing well! She’s a cutie!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:Congratulations!! So glad everything turned out so well. She does look like a D FL! Very happy for you all!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful baby! Many warm blessings to you and your family. What an unexpected arrival for sure, happy all are well! Enjoy Grandpa! =)2

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh congratulations DF, I mean proud grandfather! What a blessing everyone is ok and what a story!:geek2: she is just a cutie!!! Thanks for sharing the exciting news.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! She is adorable!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! she's gorgeous!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh congrats, she is so cute!

My oldest was 4lb 15oz and he did great although we did have to buy preemie clothes which I would have never thought we would need!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy Moly DF. What an adventure for your daughter, and one story your granddaughter is sure to get tired of hearing when she is a teen ager...

Congratulations for you and your family.

Wink

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Congratulations!!!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good thing your DD works at a hospital! Your granddaughter is so precious!!! Congratulations to you and your family!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EEEK! my DIL gave birth 2 weeks early, we were on our way to Austin and we got a call from our son saying that DIL was going to the hospital, thinks she is labor, wants you there mom can you come quickly! we drove our derrieres down to Austin and I made it 5 hours before she delivered our granddaughter.

Congratulations to you, grandma, DD#2 and DSIL#2 on a beautiful baby girl! more pictures!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! So happy mom and baby are doing well. :appl:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, glad it all went went, and mother and baby are doing fine.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
congrats!!!!!! So happy all is going well!!!!!!!!!:appl::appl::appl:

Good thing the lil one takes after her grandma and not her grandpa! :wavey::appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for all the well wishes!. Her brother was 5 weeks early too. My wife wanted grandkids 4 yrs ago right after she retired. Now we have 3 precious grandkids within the last 2 yrs. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results