shape
carat
color
clarity

Watermelon tourmaline

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally got around to setting my watermelon tourmaline. It's just a simple sterling setting. Less is more sometimes.
It's from my local gem and mineral shop. I love that place! I was looking for a stone with a distinct white stripe. There were many to choose from but this one called my name.
IMG_20190722_083431.jpg IMG_20190722_083458.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
I finally got around to setting my watermelon tourmaline. It's just a simple sterling setting. Less is more sometimes.
It's from my local gem and mineral shop. I love that place! I was looking for a stone with a distinct white stripe. There were many to choose from but this one called my name.

That white stripe makes a big impact! I forecast that you will get a lot of questions and compliments about this beauty. Love it!!

Next gem show I’m going to look for the white stripe

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sungura
Back in the mid 1980s, a co-worker had a watermelon tourmaline ring, and I never forgot it. I vowed someday to have my own.
I read somewhere that the white/clear color band is desirable. My stone's coloring isn't 50/50, but that's OK, I think it's cool anyway!

Last edited:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
@Sungura
Back in the mid 1980s, a co-worker had a watermelon tourmaline ring, and I never forgot it. I vowed someday to have my own.
I read somewhere that the white/clear color band is desirable. My stone's coloring isn't 50/50, but that's OK, I think it's cool anyway!

I think the coloration and proportions are perfect. It really resembles watermelon to me. There is always a white line in the actual fruit and there is more pink than green in a real watermelon slice. Now I vow to have one too!!

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock

i love the watermelon tourmaline and how you’ve set it so the focus is on the gem itself. it looks great on you and so perfect for the summer right now!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Love it and love the stripe.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Its a classically beautiful watermelon tourmaline while still being more of a unique gemstone that the average person doesnt know about or often see. It has such visual interest with that white little line. Lovely!
Also I actually think that silver suits it and that it would look cheapened in YG.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks pretty enough to eat! It reminds me of those sugary watermelon candies I used to love as a child.
serveimage
serveimage

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results