carat
color
clarity

August vintage inc.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Mamabean,
Yes, I did this project the hard way! I love the result but it probably would have made more sense to get the stone first and then have a setting made for it, like you did. I couldn’t resist a bargain when the setting came up on DB. However, the seller was not completely truthful about resizing. As a result, I can only wear in on my skinny days Live and learn!

Are you loving your AV EC? An EC or Asscher from AV just shot up to the top of my “ want list” when I saw your EC ring:roll2:

Maybe reach out to Kirk Kara and see if they can resize the ring for you. Generally, the ring should be resizable, but not everyone can do it. It is beautiful nonetheless.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Maybe reach out to Kirk Kara and see if they can resize the ring for you. Generally, the ring should be resizable, but not everyone can do it. It is beautiful nonetheless.
I do plan to do that. There is an authorized Kirk Kara retailer in my city. This ring is definitely worth the effort. Fingers crossed!

AK29

Shiny_Rock
Thank you@AK29...=)2
Wow! Yours will be a stunner! I’m wearing it right now and I can’t believe it’s not a diamond...The best way to describe it is it has depth to it unlike any moissanite I have. It’s even gorgeous from the side..
What color did you get?

I ordered mine in G-H color. Still waiting on AV to ship out...hoping I hear next week!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do you all think that lab diamond 1.5 D SI1 for 4K hasn’t been sold yet? If I hadn’t spent 4K setting my aqua, I would have scooped it up. It’s very very bad timing for me.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ordered mine in G-H color. Still waiting on AV to ship out...hoping I hear next week!
I can’t wait to see it! You are going to love it!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh. It’ll be 6 weeks as of Wednesday since I ordered my asscher. As of today it’s still delayed, no ETA.

How long would you wait before getting a refund? The site says no refund for custom, but it also says they take up to 4 weeks. And we are already 2 weeks past that..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sigh. It’ll be 6 weeks as of Wednesday since I ordered my asscher. As of today it’s still delayed, no ETA.

How long would you wait before getting a refund? The site says no refund for custom, but it also says they take up to 4 weeks. And we are already 2 weeks past that..
It will be worth it when you get it..My last one took six weeks..and then went directly to David to set without me seeing it. It is going to be gorgeous...and the time will slip away when you see it...

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade I agree with @Mamabean that the wait will be well worth it! Have you reached out to Jon? Personally, I have waited longer for a custom cut from a different vendor and it was hard but worth the delay. I would wait...good luck. I hope it comes soon!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade I agree with @Mamabean that the wait will be well worth it! Have you reached out to Jon? Personally, I have waited longer for a custom cut from a different vendor and it was hard but worth the delay. I would wait...good luck. I hope it comes soon!

I did. They said there’s delays. No other updates.
Part of it is just awkward expectation management I think. Website says up to 4 weeks. So I emailed at 4 weeks, was told 2 more weeks, emailed again, was told there’s a delay, no eta. Every time it’s me emailing them which is uncomfortable because I don’t like being a nag but I also don’t like open ended waiting. It’s like the onus is on me to bug them about it. In contrast I have a piece pending with Sally at Hearts of Water and she quoted me 6 weeks. 2 weeks in, she emailed me to update me that due to delays it’ll be a week late. Awesome, love the proactive advance notice and not at all annoyed!

To be fair all the replies to my emails have been very prompt.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade Yeah, I hear ya. I can see how the proactive communication is lacking and I am sorry. I think I would forgive it all when I had a beautifully cut Asscher on my hand. I hope you can get past this disappointment emotionally and enjoy a top cut Asscher very soon! :pray:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did. They said there’s delays. No other updates.
Part of it is just awkward expectation management I think. Website says up to 4 weeks. So I emailed at 4 weeks, was told 2 more weeks, emailed again, was told there’s a delay, no eta. Every time it’s me emailing them which is uncomfortable because I don’t like being a nag but I also don’t like open ended waiting. It’s like the onus is on me to bug them about it. In contrast I have a piece pending with Sally at Hearts of Water and she quoted me 6 weeks. 2 weeks in, she emailed me to update me that due to delays it’ll be a week late. Awesome, love the proactive advance notice and not at all annoyed!

To be fair all the replies to my emails have been very prompt.
I agree..I felt the same way...There was silence and I had to request updates that should have been initiated by them. I think most people understand delays but having to keep checking from this end was not what I think should be happening. I knew it would be wonderful so I hung in there...and I’m very happy I did. I think you will be very happy when you do get it though...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope so too!
I did asked yesterday when there was no ETA offered, if I would be eligible for a refund after a certain amount of delay. So far no answer. I’m hoping that means they expect things to be done soon?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope so too!
I did asked yesterday when there was no ETA offered, if I would be eligible for a refund after a certain amount of delay. So far no answer. I’m hoping that means they expect things to be done soon?
I don’t think they know. They wait for them to come in from whoever cuts them. I got the impression they weren’t getting many updates either from the cutter..I don’t know..
I’m going to message you through Bella’s IG..so you know it’s me. I don’t want to put it here..

Last edited:

onyourwayhome

Rough_Rock
So AV doesn’t cut the stones themselves?

xjsbellamias13

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, I just had a quick question. I'm new to AV moissanite and was wondering if when looking at different stones online (cushions in this case) is there really anything to look for besides the size and color, or are they all basically the same? Thanks! I've been drooling over everyones rings and think I need my own :twisted2:

AK29

Shiny_Rock

I got the same- ETA to them is now July 22nd

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m wearing my AV round with my Brian Gavin 3/4 diamond eternity band and spacer... I love it!
2C767DE1-8E11-4063-9E71-DFDF807B3A68.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

AK29

Shiny_Rock
Latest update on my AV order-

They ORDERED THE WRONG STONE for me!! After waiting almost 8 weeks since Ive placed my order (weeks behind my original eta) I finally got the email from Vicki saying they ll send my stone out today.

Only they ordered the OEC when I had ordered and confirmed (in multiple emails) an H&A ideal round cut!!

What do you think? Should I ask for a refund and forget all this nonsense? Should I wait further for the stone?
Im so frustrated. If it werent for the stellar reputation of AV I wouldve been very doubtful....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Latest update on my AV order-

They ORDERED THE WRONG STONE for me!! After waiting almost 8 weeks since Ive placed my order (weeks behind my original eta) I finally got the email from Vicki saying they ll send my stone out today.

Only they ordered the OEC when I had ordered and confirmed (in multiple emails) an H&A ideal round cut!!

What do you think? Should I ask for a refund and forget all this nonsense? Should I wait further for the stone?
Im so frustrated. If it werent for the stellar reputation of AV I wouldve been very doubtful....
Oh boy...I would be upset considering it was mentioned in many emails. Hopefully they would be able to escalate it for you since it was their mistake. I know they don’t cut the stones but maybe Jonathan or Vicky can push yours in front with the cutter. If they can’t then I don’t know what to say because if you don’t get it from them...you may be sorry later. Try contacting them to see if they can push it through....What did they say?

AK29

Shiny_Rock
Oh boy...I would be upset considering it was mentioned in many emails. Hopefully they would be able to escalate it for you since it was their mistake. I know they don’t cut the stones but maybe Jonathan or Vicky can push yours in front with the cutter. If they can’t then I don’t know what to say because if you don’t get it from them...you may be sorry later. Try contacting them to see if they can push it through....What did they say?

Thats my thought too- on one hand, I m upset because it was brought up so many times that I wanted an ideal mrb cut. On the other hand, if I just ask for a refund I may never get the stone I want (and yours looks SO GOOD).

Ill update when Rhino responds with another eta. Hopefully no more delays and no more mix ups! :confused2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats my thought too- on one hand, I m upset because it was brought up so many times that I wanted an ideal mrb cut. On the other hand, if I just ask for a refund I may never get the stone I want (and yours looks SO GOOD).

Ill update when Rhino responds with another eta. Hopefully no more delays and no more mix ups! :confused2:

I am so sorry! This exact same thing happened to me with another reputable vendor. I waited for them to rectify it and they offered a 25% (!) discount so that certainly made it easier to wait! I was happy that I did. When you are wanting the best, sometimes you have to wait and not settle for less. Good Luck!

AK29

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry! This exact same thing happened to me with another reputable vendor. I waited for them to rectify it and they offered a 25% (!) discount so that certainly made it easier to wait! I was happy that I did. When you are wanting the best, sometimes you have to wait and not settle for less. Good Luck!

Thanks @Slick1 for sharing your experience- I think I will wait and not settle for less. I do love the AV's from the other pricescopers. I ll see what Rhino offers

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally understand why you're frustrated! But definitely see what Jonathan says. They'll be worth the wait vs other companies!

AK29

Shiny_Rock
I totally understand why you're frustrated! But definitely see what Jonathan says. They'll be worth the wait vs other companies!

good to hear another vote of confidence! I love your tension set moissy from AV @lovedogs

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results