shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I terrible for wanting a “Jewel Of the Week” ?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 If this is the ring I think it is... I confess I was eyeing it! But like the PSer who was regretfully letting it go - I would have hoarded it, terrified to size it. If it's found its finally-final home with you - well, if that isn't birthday kismet - it was meant to find you!!!! :kiss2:

Happy birthday and I can't wait to see your modelling photos!!! :appl::cool2::mrgreen2:
Don't save it - you can't tease us like that, and as @madelise observed JOTW historically hasn't been chosen from only pieces posted that week :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

SPILL!:mrgreen2:

I was very surprised that a ring of mine was JOTW--and not when I first posted it. IMHO, The surprise makes it special.

cheers--Sharon

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WE NEEEEEEED PICS!!!!!! I am dying of curiosity, and you have such good taste that I'm sure it's gorgeous.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday!! Can’t wait to see the new sparkly!!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Bron! Can’t wait to see you modeling your new birthday bling, I’m sure it will be amazing!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check her out ! Show me the Bling.:dance:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday! Can't wait to see your new ring.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"You're terrible Muriel" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Only Aussies will probably get that joke. (Reference - the Movie "Muriel's Wedding")....

Hahaha my dh and I say that to each other all the time. So New Yorkers get the joke too.:lol:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOL’d about waiting for a “quieter week!” As if that exists around here.;)2 I saw the other thread and OMG, what a masterpiece!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For one to wait for what they think is a “quieter week”, speaks loudly for what one’s thoughts are of the other posters recent acquisitions.
Number of replies
Number of likes
Iconic pieces thread
How long a thread is kept on front page
Is all kinda driven by crowd popular opinion, and quite likely even friendships off board.
I kinda hope JOTW doesn’t evolve to mimic the same.
I agree this thread puts whomever is in ‘charge’ of JOTW in a rough spot.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BRON!

Off to “Show Me The Bling”.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, The Admin should post 3-4 pieces of jewelry from SMTB then PSers can vote for JOTW.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy B-Day and congrats on your new to you Treasure!!! Opals are special to me as my birthstone. Looking forward to hand shots!!:)):D

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, The Admin should post 3-4 pieces of jewelry from SMTB then PSers can vote for JOTW.

I find a flaw in that suggestion. The winners would always be a popular trend at the moment, so it would discount any styles that aren't very popular. People would also tend to vote for larger stones, so it would just be a homogenous bunch of JOTW.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must admit have been off the boards for many years or very few post in three years until about 8 months ago I saw all these tags TBT and JOTW and didn’t know what it was all about until just recently. However, for me whenever I post it’s only when I was able to sit down and actually have some time and never did it occur to me and besides I don’t know how that was decided upon anyways lol so ignorance is bliss sometimes haha. I don’t have any notices send to my email so I probably would never know unless others would personally reach out.
@Bron357
You have amazing taste and collection and mad bidding skills :appl:
Hope you had an enjoyable birthday

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear All, my “hopes” are expressed tongue in cheek!
I mean of course I’d love a JOTW, I think many of us secretly hope that our special piece of jewellery will be “recognized” as being as “extra” special to the broader group.
I think my new (pre loved) opal ring is honestly to die for. It is the bees knees!
As an opal lover, as an admirer or exquisite workmanship and attention to detail, as a mature aged jewellery lover with thousands of purchases under my belt, this ring is MY Jewel of a Lifetime. :love::love::love:
And my DH thinks it’s the ugliest ring he’s ever seen. He thinks it’s creepy with the branches and totally ridiculous to look at AND the opal isn’t a patch on my other opal. :snooty::nono::knockout:
So there you go.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Haha Bron357! I think the dialogue in your house is the same as most pricescoper's houses....

Me: "Oh my look at these gorgeous ruby and diamond earrings!!!"

Hubs: "How many pairs of earrings do you need woman??!! You only have one set of ears!!"

Me: "Awww but....." Try my best puppy dog look while justifying the need to more earrings.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, not at all! I’ve never gotten jewelry of the week either, although to be honest, I’d rather get Employee of the Month bc I would get the best parking spot at work! It’s right by the entrance!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear All, my “hopes” are expressed tongue in cheek!
I mean of course I’d love a JOTW, I think many of us secretly hope that our special piece of jewellery will be “recognized” as being as “extra” special to the broader group.
I think my new (pre loved) opal ring is honestly to die for. It is the bees knees!
As an opal lover, as an admirer or exquisite workmanship and attention to detail, as a mature aged jewellery lover with thousands of purchases under my belt, this ring is MY Jewel of a Lifetime. :love::love::love:
And my DH thinks it’s the ugliest ring he’s ever seen. He thinks it’s creepy with the branches and totally ridiculous to look at AND the opal isn’t a patch on my other opal. :snooty::nono::knockout:
So there you go.

And there you have it. That is truly all that matters re your ring. That it is *your* dream ring and *your* jewel of a lifetime. Congrats and wear in health and blingy joy @Bron357.:appl:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
"And my DH thinks it’s the ugliest ring he’s ever seen. He thinks it’s creepy with the branches and totally ridiculous to look at AND the opal isn’t a patch on my other opal. :snooty::nono::knockout:
So there you go."

I love to wake up to a good laugh!!!:lol::lol:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I tend to think most of us who post in SMTB feel our own special piece we are posting is worthy of jewel of the week... otherwise we would probably have bought something else. :lol:
Enjoy your new piece, it is lovely!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We understand the desire and are happy to hear that people want to get Jewel Of The Week. Letting us know about it will not affect our decision in any way, as others have said it would not be fair to select based on requests or votes.

The best way to be chosen is to take many great quality images and post on the Show me the Bling Forum

cleardot.gif

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday @Bron357 Off to SMTB

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday, Bron! What matters is the happiness you feel each time you view it. Positive emotions are good for our health. I wish you to get the coveted JOTW. :)

Reactions: D&T

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
So there you go.

Wahhh how dare he! I laughed but I am offended! My husband agrees with him tho LOL

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I am thinking about it, who has gotten the most JOTW’s? I want to say @Catmom probably?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results