clarity

My first gem purchase!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, beautiful ring.

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
It's finally officially mine! After accidentally and unsuspectingly ruining a few of his proposal plans, he finally popped the question!

It is gorgeous and exactly everything I wanted. It is doing something unexpected though. Now that it is set it has a almost metallic sheen, but has no silk, even under 10x. And my phone refuses to pick it up, along with the diamonds' fire.

So, I've seen these colors: mint green, teal, steel blue, silver, sky blue (unset), peridot-like green. 20190719_154352.jpg
Look at those arrows! 20190719_154356.jpg 20190719_154753.jpg

Last edited:

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to all the PSers that have posted in this wonderful section for sharing their knowledge so that I ended up getting a fantastic piece of jewelry for a good price within budget.

I (and countless others) could not have done it without you! :kiss2:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats to you!

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
love the minty green and how different it is than the usual suspects for an ER. that is the perfect setting and shows off the color. congratulations on getting engaged and i can’t wait to see the necklace when you set it!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulation! I’m so pleased you love it and that it is displaying different colors. I love this setting, particularly the profile view you shared in the glamor shots. I find it increasingly difficult to capture gem colors with a camera. But I can image the beautiful colors you see. Over time as you take more pictures you may capture more of its moods and colors. And we will always like to see those pictures. Keep them coming

voce

Ideal_Rock
I love your hand shots. Quite a photographer, capturing the arrows :geek2:. Congratulations on finally getting engaged even though you were expecting it! ;)2

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your beautiful ring! Wear it in health and happiness!

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
So it's been a year since I last posted. And a new post reminded me of my Montana post.

I thought I'd try my hand at using my new phone to catch some of the other colors as a couple people had mentioned.

I will say now that it is set, I do not see the sky blue anymore, but that it now does a blueish sage instead. It also will do a finest peridot color in strong warm LED lighting.

I caught it doing the silver grey, and it took multiple attempts and a little camera tweaking to capture what I see with my eye. It easily shifts back to and the camera kept wanting to capture the green. Though the camera still takes away all the sparkle. 20200727_173828.jpg

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous! It’s great to hear from you. Hope you and yours are doing well!

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
Good to hear from you too! Thanks, it is small but mighty! We are good here. Hopefully you are too!

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
Update: I'm finally setting the 7.7mm sapphire. It matches my engagement ring near exactly. It's a little bluer under some lights, and definitely more included, but it's as far as I can tell, well cut and very similar color. I'll make a new thread soon. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results