shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

atp223

Shiny_Rock
I for one stopped trying. I didn’t like the scratches on my love. I know plenty of people don’t mind scratches but I finally accepted that I do. So I never wear it with my love bracelet. Usually I wear my five motifs alone but I am liking the blue and black colors together.
Are you actually able to keep your Love unscratched by doing that? Mine is only 4 years old and it is sooooo scratched up. And I've never worn anything big and metal with it (except for trying this new combo one time). I think they polished it once, only a few months after I got it - the original Cartier sales person (in Europe) screwed it super tight and I had to go to the one near me to have it taken off, and the sales person scratched the CRAP out of it with the screwdriver. She disappeared and came back with it looking absolutely brand new and said she had "cleaned" it. But now I'm afraid to have it polished again because I think they say to only do it every 5-10 years? So I just live with the scratches :cry:.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So now we are 3 members in the "LOVE/Alhambra don't play well together club!" :lol:
I just can't get past the scratch situation either.
One day I hope to get a second Alhambra.. specifically Lucky with the different color motifs.. and maybe stack my white gold MOP with that. Nice things to plan and think about.:D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you actually able to keep your Love unscratched by doing that? Mine is only 4 years old and it is sooooo scratched up. And I've never worn anything big and metal with it (except for trying this new combo one time). I think they polished it once, only a few months after I got it - the original Cartier sales person (in Europe) screwed it super tight and I had to go to the one near me to have it taken off, and the sales person scratched the CRAP out of it with the screwdriver. She disappeared and came back with it looking absolutely brand new and said she had "cleaned" it. But now I'm afraid to have it polished again because I think they say to only do it every 5-10 years? So I just live with the scratches :cry:.
I love the way Love bracelets look. They probably aren’t the best option for a person with OCD about scratches though. I always wear munch Love cuff alone.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My LOVE is 5 years old and I have kept it pretty scratch free by stashing snugly fitting terry cloth sports wrist sweatbands all over the house and in my purse. Whenever I do something that probably be a "scratch situation" I slip on a band a it's protected. A little crazy but it does work.
I usually buy a new set of bands every year in October when the breast cancer ones come out because they are pink and pretty and for a good cause.
As far as deep polishing.. I'm pretty sure the Cartier rep said that it's best to only do it 2 or 3 times for the life of the bracelet.
One last thing.. I actually bought a more roomier pair of sweatbands made by Underarmour that I now slip over my Alhambra for protection.:dance:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of family shots. I just remembered that @eh613c had asked a while back but I was waiting on some pieces.
DD132CE3-7B05-40B7-A1EC-ECE48A30B3F6.jpeg
Chalcedony and WG
Onyx and WG (SO)
Solid WG (SO)
Onyx and YG
Solid RG
Blue agate and YG
E04E2CDA-D20D-43AC-8F83-56DC660676FC.jpeg BE297A4A-F383-4E35-B01E-D27F59D30EE1.jpeg
There are two other pendants that are elsewhere at the moment. I am working on some earrings. :Up_to_something:

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom you have such an amazing collection :love::love: Can’t wait to see your earrings!:kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 , thank you for your post on @m-2-b's thread.

Re the grey MOP, I'm asking for more pics from my SA now. I have some videos but don't know how to upload them onto here and am too lazy to google how to, lol. I'm leaning towards keeping it tbh. It is very beautiful on its own. The reason why I was/ am hesitating a little is primarily bec it doesn't match with the grey MOP motif on my Magic bracelet. But it's a silly reason and it's also unrealistic to expect to find 2 exactly matched pieces.

I'm posting some pics below (in most of them, the Magic pendant is placed next to the grey MOP motif on my Magic bracelet for comparison purposes) and will post more once I get them. As you can see, the grey MOP pendant is absolutely gorgeous but you can also see (in the last pic) how colourful and vibrant the grey MOP motif on my bracelet is.
Grey MOP_1.jpg Grey MOP_2.jpg Grey MOP_3.jpg Grey MOP_4.jpg Grey MOP_6.jpg Grey MOP_5.jpg

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous @Phoenix. :love::love::love: I wish I could see it on you. I know you already know this, but you are probably the only person that would notice the difference between your bracelet GMOP and your pendant. I hope you keep it!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous @Phoenix. :love::love::love: I wish I could see it on you. I know you already know this, but you are probably the only person that would notice the difference between your bracelet GMOP and your pendant. I hope you keep it!!

Lol, probably.

I'm inclined to keep it. I remember my feeling when I first saw it - it was love at first sight. It was only when I brought my bracelet in to compare to the pendant that I noticed the differences. I've long realised that buying on that instinct has served me well.

Thank you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006, I still haven't made my mind up yet. Going to VCA later on this week to make my final decision. Are you still interested? I can enquire with my SA about VCA sending it to a boutique near you.

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, @Phoenix! We've been at the beach since last Friday, so that's why I am a little behind here! Do you still know how to contact me? I'd like to know the price before deciding. I have another possible purchase opportunity, and I will need to choose one or the other if you don't keep it.

From the pictures here, the necklace and bracelet look good together to me. But I think MOP really is something you have to see in person.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, @Phoenix! We've been at the beach since last Friday, so that's why I am a little behind here! Do you still know how to contact me? I'd like to know the price before deciding. I have another possible purchase opportunity, and I will need to choose one or the other if you don't keep it.

From the pictures here, the necklace and bracelet look good together to me. But I think MOP really is something you have to see in person.

@diamondseeker2006 , I wasn't sure I had your email address but I think I've just found it. Have dropped you an email.

Everyone says I'd be crazy to turn this down! lol. I will have another close look when I go to the boutique on Friday and make my final decision. Will post an update afterwards.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all! I realize I have a bad case of VCA-itis!
I just got a second Alhambra bracelet to stack or not to stack with the WGMOP one I bought in June.
We were in Paris a few weeks ago.. on my birthday!:love:
I love the colored charms on the Lucky version of the bracelet.
This happened to be the last one in town.. we went to all of their stores and the last one visited was able to locate this one and have it for me to see by 3pm on our last day there.
I had both bracelets shortened but I think they (especially the Lucky) needs to have a few more links out.. it hangs too long.
Thanks for sharing the smiles!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all! I realize I have a bad case of VCA-itis!
I just got a second Alhambra bracelet to stack or not to stack with the WGMOP one I bought in June.
We were in Paris a few weeks ago.. on my birthday!:love:
I love the colored charms on the Lucky version of the bracelet.
This happened to be the last one in town.. we went to all of their stores and the last one visited was able to locate this one and have it for me to see by 3pm on our last day there.
I had both bracelets shortened but I think they (especially the Lucky) needs to have a few more links out.. it hangs too long.
Thanks for sharing the smiles!

STUNNING! I'm jeali!!!!=)

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sharon!!! You are always so sweet.
Usually my signed pieces come gently used (know you like that too!) but it seems there is a very slim to none secondary market for VCA. It's either fake or almost the price in the store on our usual favorite site.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
@Phoenix I was in NYC this summer and I looked at the magic Alhambra pendant you posted. I love it! I have been trying to decide which one to get. I tried the black onyx version in white gold too which is limited to just the NYC boutique or at least that is what the sales associate said. I loved the mother of pearl versatility as you can wear it with so much. However, there was something decadent about the black onyx and white gold combo that I loved too. Anyway, I am hoping to make a decision this month.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sharon!!! You are always so sweet.
Usually my signed pieces come gently used (know you like that too!) but it seems there is a very slim to none secondary market for VCA. It's either fake or almost the price in the store on our usual favorite site.

There are some things one just has to pay for. KWIM?

But speaking of deals I found a fabu Cartier ring, original documents etc on a Canadian estate site--but sadly it could not be resized from a 50 to a 52. Waaaa

Enjot your VCA--goodness know I am enjoying yours!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my.. I had to google KWIM.. now I know a cool new acronym so thanks!:wavey:
Darn about that ring! Which Cartier one was it?
Something else great will come along soon though..
It's the bus theory.. if you miss the bus there will be another one coming along soon enough.:lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my.. I had to google KWIM.. now I know a cool new acronym so thanks!:wavey:
Darn about that ring! Which Cartier one was it?
Something else great will come along soon though..
It's the bus theory.. if you miss the bus there will be another one coming along soon enough.:lol:

Bus theory! lol dat true.…...:bigsmile:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix I was in NYC this summer and I looked at the magic Alhambra pendant you posted. I love it! I have been trying to decide which one to get. I tried the black onyx version in white gold too which is limited to just the NYC boutique or at least that is what the sales associate said. I loved the mother of pearl versatility as you can wear it with so much. However, there was something decadent about the black onyx and white gold combo that I loved too. Anyway, I am hoping to make a decision this month.

I love the concept of the Magic pendant. I was considering the onyx one too. Both that and the white MOP are both great neutrals and will go with everything.

Good luck deciding.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rubies-R-Me Congratulations!!! That is such a beautiful happy piece. It looks wonderful on you. So lucky that you found it in Paris. Do you have a favorite motif?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I went to see the pendant today. I was this close to taking it. I deliberately left my CC and cash at home, so I wouldn't be tempted. What helped me to make my final decision was a friend who came along and helped me take some videos as well as lend me a listening ear. My gut also tells me this is not what I really love and you should buy what you love, especially at VCA.

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results