shape
carat
color
clarity

Ebay crazies ....tell me yours

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I finally sold my tsavorite and diamond band on ebay, accepted the price, and after I shipped the item, I get a message from the buyer sending me a listing of a cz type tsavorite ring and Accusing me of fraud! stating they will report me. I've sold and bought many and have had one ring that I was burnt on a few years ago, Lost the ring and my money from a fraud buyer. I'm feeling a bit sick, I like to give people the benefit, but I sent pictures of my receipt and image of the ring with the marking. They have already stated they will return but I suspect they will send me a cz ring back instead of what I sent? anyways... tell me some of your crazy ebay experience? should I share their name? or user name? though you can change it at anytime.

ETA: I've contacted ebay to tell them what transpired after I shipped. They will investigate, what I sold was custom made for me and checked out. Feeling a bit anxious and thought I'd share with you all here.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
holy moly. i hope they are just freaked out at seeing that other listing and being overly cautious rather than setting you up for a bad transaction.

years ago i ordered a book via ebay, it was a vintage recipe book we had in our house growing up. it never arrived, so i contacted the seller, who took great offense. after arguing back and forth i contested the charge and won. well....months later i get a bag of torn up pieces of the book from the post office. so we were both right and both wrong. luckily it was a <$10 transaction.

i hope yours turns out well for everyone!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aww bummer on the book...
Since I just shipped it today, ebay has stated to try and "intercept" the mail and get it rerouted back to me, I will attempt then refund and lose the money on shipping and be done with them, However, I don't want others to fall victim.

Dust that I can intercept the mail and get it re-routed back to me...

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope ebay can sort it all out for you.

Reactions: D&T

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
eBay can be harsh towards sellers but they are aware that bad buyers out there try and rip sellers off. One thing these nasty types forget is that eBay can access and read any messages sent or received between buyers and sellers.
A while ago I sold a gold bracelet, not overly expensive at $99 (worth like $300 new). I got an email from the buyer saying the bracelet was damaged and they wanted a partial refund to cover “repairs”. I said the bracelet wasn’t damaged but if they didn’t want it, no worries, send it back for a full refund. I then get another message saying, no, they want $50 discount ie partial refund or they will “wreck” my 100% feedback with a really bad feedback comment and I wouldn’t want that to happen would I ! I was gob smacked. Im a 15 year ebayer and very proud of my perfect feedback, they were trying to blackmail me. So I reported it to eBay. eBay could check what this buyer had been saying and what I’d been saying and the end result was that buyer being suspended permanently from eBay.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck @D&T ...I hope you get your ring back. So many crazies out there trying to rip people off:angryfire:.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
eBay can be harsh towards sellers but they are aware that bad buyers out there try and rip sellers off. One thing these nasty types forget is that eBay can access and read any messages sent or received between buyers and sellers.
A while ago I sold a gold bracelet, not overly expensive at $99 (worth like $300 new). I got an email from the buyer saying the bracelet was damaged and they wanted a partial refund to cover “repairs”. I said the bracelet wasn’t damaged but if they didn’t want it, no worries, send it back for a full refund. I then get another message saying, no, they want $50 discount ie partial refund or they will “wreck” my 100% feedback with a really bad feedback comment and I wouldn’t want that to happen would I ! I was gob smacked. Im a 15 year ebayer and very proud of my perfect feedback, they were trying to blackmail me. So I reported it to eBay. eBay could check what this buyer had been saying and what I’d been saying and the end result was that buyer being suspended permanently from eBay.

I have only two items that came with a diamond popped out of their settings one was a burnised gypsy set earring, although it was so pretty, at the price point I paid, I didn't want to go to my local jeweler and get it repaired, but I took a picture of the damage same day I received and sent it to seller as well as shipped it back to seller luckily they shipped it in a small clear baggie so the diamond stayed in bag.

Another time was a ring I absolutely loved, but again, a diamond was loose and in the baggie, I loved it so much I kept it and had my local jeweler repaired, but it cost more than the "partial"refund they provided. I didn't want the hassle of shipping it back and forth for them to repair. However, both times I had pictures of the damage and it wasn't in a demanding way, but just disappointed , but luckily both times they were shipped in a small see through baggie.

Both sellers were gracious.

One seller I purchased a ring from and shipped my return the same day I received it, wouldn't pick up his package from the post office. I expedited the shipping, but he was not available for signature, and sat at the Post office for 7 days after the day that it was suppose to deliver, kept telling me that he'd get to it and that he'd refund me when he gets his package by the 5th email stating that its sitting at the post office for him to pick up because he wasn't available, because I didn't want the package to be sent back to me. I notified ebay, they have some sort of policy that once it reaches the seller's address and attempted to deliver plus maybe 2 days its out of the buyer's hands and not in their control and buyer should not be penalize for seller not picking up their package, Ebay refunded my money ( I should have contacted them at that 2 day mark, but didn't know). I didn't give him any negative feedback, as it wasnt terribly horrible, but I did have to have ebay step in to refund.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I made an offer on a pretty vintage ring that I liked one night and was very pleased to see that the offer was accepted right before I went to bed. I was going to pay for it in the morning, but by the time I woke up the seller had canceled the transaction and relisted the ring at a higher price. They claimed that accepting the offer was a mistake, their wife had just had surgery and was under the influence of the medication. They said they were sorry, but they'd accept an offer $75 higher. No idea if the story was true or not, but they had 100% positive feedback, so I offered to meet them in the middle. I love the ring, but sometimes I wonder if I played the fool :lol-2:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No horrible eBay experiences, but I do so little on that platform anymore, partially for this reason. I do hope you get your ring back @D&T

It’s such a shame that fraudsters who use PSers’ images to hock fake pieces have created so much headache for legitimate sellers, imparting doubt on buyers’ minds about whether something is real or fake, etc. I wish platforms like eBay had a more proactive method of kicking those who abuse it off for good.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry you are going through this and I hope you get the ring back. Keep us updated please. Hopefully the buyer is just misinformed, and if she receives the ring will send it back.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I'm frustrated with trying to get a real live person on the phone with usps as I've heard once you create an "intercept" request that you should "babysit" and contact the local usps to ensure they have the notice as well. I think what made me think they are scamming is the fact that right after I told them I shipped, sent a very blatant blackmail accusatory demanding what I will do about this fake ring of mine? and report to ebay I'm a fraud (I have over 1100 feeback all positive) before they even received the ring and checked it out themselves.

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I'm frustrated with trying to get a real live person on the phone with usps as I've heard once you create an "intercept" request that you should "babysit" and contact the local usps to ensure they have the notice as well. I think what made me think they are scamming is the fact that right after I told them I shipped, sent a very blatant blackmail accusatory demanding what I will do about this fake ring of mine? and report to ebay I'm a fraud (I have over 1100 feeback all positive) before they even received the ring and checked it out themselves.

Have you told the buyer you have had it rerouted or are you waiting to make sure the rerouting actually works? I'm curious as to what the buyer is
going to say.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent back a message stating that Ebay has records of our communication and based on their review of the message that the buyer stated they want to return already and calling me a “fraud” before the item has even arrived it’s best that I try to intercept.
I told the buyer that based on her desire to return already I will attempt to intercept based on my Ebay instruction with a case number.if successful I will refund immediately. However, if not then that’s where she would need to send back.
I asked her to stop with the blatant name calling and that I was member of jewelry boards as well as sold many items on many different platforms and my items are authentic and checks out and all my items were purchased or custom made for me as an individual and not flipping things I don’t know well.
She keeps calling me a fraud so I’m going to be proactive and try to return to sender before there is any chance for a scam to happen.

She hasn’t responded. So well await to see what happens with the intercept.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, hopefully, that will shut her up D&T! She probably wasnt expecting you to be so pro-active and might be wondering what she got her self into!:shock:

Keep us posted!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, hopefully, that will shut her up D&T! She probably wasnt expecting you to be so pro-active and might be wondering what she got her self into!:shock:

Keep us posted!
Thanks tyty! whew! the intercept barely caught it before attempted delivery, Arrived at the delivering PO but I had to constantly call the Local PO to talk with the carrier supervisor, plus call the 800# plus send an email to the USPS help desk... fingers crossed it delivers to me next week sometime and its on its way back. So if you are trying to intercept, it seems that constant followup will help. I submitted the intercept Wednesday around 5pm but finally showed up on "record" about 40 hours later. Luckily it shipped via first class and not priority so that helped, this is where I'm grateful for the slow delivery speed.
Thanks everyone!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks tyty! whew! the intercept barely caught it before attempted delivery, Arrived at the delivering PO but I had to constantly call the Local PO to talk with the carrier supervisor, plus call the 800# plus send an email to the USPS help desk... fingers crossed it delivers to me next week sometime and its on its way back. So if you are trying to intercept, it seems that constant followup will help. I submitted the intercept Wednesday around 5pm but finally showed up on "record" about 40 hours later. Luckily it shipped via first class and not priority so that helped, this is where I'm grateful for the slow delivery speed.
Thanks everyone!

I’m so glad you were able to intercept! And word from the nutjob buyer?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so glad you were able to intercept! And word from the nutjob buyer?
No word yet, but once they check status I’m sure there will be some fraud accusatory email again lol. I’ll brace myself o_O

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No word yet, but once they check status I’m sure there will be some fraud accusatory email again lol. I’ll brace myself o_O

Eh, they can go kick rocks!

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone!

Fantastic news!!! Maybe this will teach this misinformed at best, morally challenged at worst buyer that they can't and won't get away with this kind of behavior!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ontheblackrock15 , So i'm hoping to get it back soon and sell it to a PSer that reached out about it. But man, it was the strangest communication after my "shipping update"message. it went from 0-60 in two messages...lol both from buyer... basically:
message 1:
"hey i found your exact ring here (listing - which is not the case, may look similar but not) and its much cheaper than your selling it (because its cz) and your ring is cz, and your ring doesn't even look real??" a bit awkward? isn't it?
message 2:
"I'm going to report you as a fraud, and what are you going to do about this?" your ring is fake, How are you going to make this right?... there was more to the message but this is the jist.

message 3 : came from me.

I was sold cz earring jackets stated as diamonds by a reputable pawn shop, and I waited until I got it in hand, tested it, and then reach out to seller, but never did I accused them of fraud, but they apologize profusily in their mistake in listing it, as they did have quite a few listings for cz jackets and diamond jackets in their shop,

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like buyer’s remorse and just pre-emptively trying to get shipping costs refunded by claiming fraud.
I would suggest contacting Ebay if you can deduct your shipping cost from refund.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Ontheblackrock15 , So i'm hoping to get it back soon and sell it to a PSer that reached out about it. But man, it was the strangest communication after my "shipping update"message. it went from 0-60 in two messages...lol both from buyer... basically:
message 1:
"hey i found your exact ring here (listing - which is not the case, may look similar but not) and its much cheaper than your selling it (because its cz) and your ring is cz, and your ring doesn't even look real??" a bit awkward? isn't it?
message 2:
"I'm going to report you as a fraud, and what are you going to do about this?" your ring is fake, How are you going to make this right?... there was more to the message but this is the jist.

message 3 : came from me.

I was sold cz earring jackets stated as diamonds by a reputable pawn shop, and I waited until I got it in hand, tested it, and then reach out to seller, but never did I accused them of fraud, but they apologize profusily in their mistake in listing it, as they did have quite a few listings for cz jackets and diamond jackets in their shop,

That's such a weird correspondence. Like it's jewelry. Unless you have some sort of very unique piece, there's bound to be other similar looking styles out there of varying quality. It's minimal effort for the buyer to take it to a jeweler to be checked out, and if it the item's not as described ebay's protects the buyer so I'm just so :confused: how the buyer took it that far that quickly.

Fingers crossed you get it back soon, and you can send it on to a new loving PS home!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm sure she'll accuse you of fraud and that you knew that she knew so you intercepted it.

You can just laugh @D&T knowing that she lost out!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@D&T - Any updates? I am crossing my fingers you have your ring back.
Should be delivered today/tomorrow back to me at the latest. I'll refund then, will lose on shipping, but don't want to fight over it anymore and hope to move on from this one. I'd rather not receive a cz back in the mail...lol considering lots of thoughts went through my mind on how someone could scam.
Thanks everyone!:wavey: I do feel that the intercept function works, only you have to constantly call the local destination PO and get some help from your Local PO as well, it could have very well just intercepted and turned around on its own, but I'd rather micromanage the situation than leave it to the system.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@D&T - That is great news. Let us know when it arrives. Your situation really bothered me. I really hate it when people try to scam others and it will be refreshing to confirm that the bad guy didn't win in this case.

The last time I got scammed on ebay it didn't work out for the seller. Seller offered an expensive item with a no return policy. We chatted and she gave me a very believable story on where the item was purchased to trick me into believing it was authentic. I talked her into a return policy. The item arrived and of course it was fake. Everything she told me was a lie and she knew it. She was trying to scam a buyer into paying almost $900 for IMHO a worthless item. I haven't left negative feedback because she (and I know she didn't mean to) set up the return as a free return. So she is out the shipping. But if she lists the item again without disclosing it's fake- I will leave the appropriate feedback.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! glad to hear you got a happy ending :appl: - would love to see a picture of this ring also - it sounds beautiful :love:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LisaRN, I believe if you got a full refund no feedback can be left. This is what happened the last time I was refunded, for a defective product I returned. It disappeared from my Purchase History page entirely.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@pearlsngems - it shows under my cancelled items. If I choose the menu drop box for "other actions" it does give me the option to leave feedback. It's a bit tricky the way Ebay does this- maybe to discourage buyers from leaving bad feedback?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone! I received my packaged, they delivered, of course I wasn't home to accept, but the PO called me and I mentioned that I'd like to pick up the package since they barely missed me. The Supervisor called the carrier to instruct ask him where he was so he could pick it up and have it at the PO for me. They really went above and beyond what I'm used to at the PO.

Happy ending everyone! I got the ring back lost over $28 in shipping, but hopefully soon it will be off to its new home. I wish I can leave buyer feedback that is less than desirable especially in this case. I know all my pre-owned listing on ebay is non-returnable, but really if some ask, I can work with them, I just don't know who is on the other end, unlike on here, there's a different level of relationship and trust, so I offer refund.

I remember back in the day when you could leave less than positive feedback for buyers. I just want to warn people in my review.

Yes it is tricky on leaving feedback once cancelled, you can still leave them, however, ebay said if you as a seller refunded in full and you get a negative feedback, they would still be able to remove them, as I might receive one from this instance but you have to call in and get that removed, it doesn't happen automatically. Especially if you abide by their policies. Too bad there is no way to report scammer to others so they can avoid transacting with them, only ebay can do something about it on their end.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results