shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this look Tiffany to you?

SharonRives

Rough_Rock
This ring was posted on my local buy sell trade group, with only these photos. I think it looks to possibly be a Soleste? Screenshot_20190721-005103_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190721-005110_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190721-005106_Facebook.jpg Seller says it is hallmarked tiffany and pt950. I've asked for additional photos, and will go see it as soon as I can.. I've had luck buying several vintage Tiffany pieces through local groups, so hoping this one may be a solid risk = reward.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless it comes with Tiffany paperwork be aware that there are “copies” out there complete with fake hallmarks.
Just from the photos, I’m not seeing top quality execution of the prong work but then again the photos are awful.
If you aren’t experienced assessing diamonds with a Loupe yourself, if you haven’t been into Tiffany and examined a true version of this ring ie quality of workmanship, style of hallmarking and type of prong work, I would advise extreme caution.
There’s a huge price difference between a genuine pre loved Tiffany ring with paperwork and a fake “copy” that may not even contain genuine diamonds.
While there might be an honest seller selling a genuine Tiffany ring for cheap, there are many more vendors on FB pages, Craigslist etc selling copies or at worst fakes.
Just be cautious, met somewhere “busy”, take a friend or two and do not admit to / have cash on you unless you decide to complete the purchase.
Sure, there aren’t many nasty types out there but caution is never wasted.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I would not buy a Tiffany piece without all its pieces eg paperwork folio, receipt, box. You will need those to sell for any reasonable amount as it’s the total package of branding that justifies the price. In addition, Tiffany engagement ring prices seem to be down relative to where they were a year or two ago.

Pimberly

Rough_Rock
Hard to say if it’s authentic from the pictures. If it was made after November 2004, the diamond should be laser inscribed with a serial number. Maybe you could meet at a Tiffany store or with an appraiser who could check it out?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photos are dreadful!

Definitely made in the Tiffany Soleste style, and to me looks to be of better make than The Average Neighbourhood Bench would produce.

But this is an oft copied style. If the seller doesn’t have paperwork - where did he/she get it? How does he/she know it’s authentic?

Edit: Meeting in-store serves no purpose IMO - there is about zero chance that a Tiffany associate will help transact a sale of a second-hand piece that’s currently in circulation. Why would anyone take liability for such an exchange - to no gain? However, if this person is the original purchaser, he/she should request replacement paperwork.

Last edited:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to say if it’s authentic from the pictures. If it was made after November 2004, the diamond should be laser inscribed with a serial number. Maybe you could meet at a Tiffany store or with an appraiser who could check it out?

You will need at least 40x to see a Tffany laser inscription on a crown facet. That was where it was when I bought a Tiffany Fancy yellow diamond ring. Unlike GIA or AGS, they do not laser inscribe on the girdle. Don't ask me why.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will need at least 40x to see a Tffany laser inscription on a crown facet. That was where it was when I bought a Tiffany Fancy yellow diamond ring. Unlike GIA or AGS, they do not laser inscribe on the girdle. Don't ask me why.

A CROWN FACET?? Good grief - I had no idea!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results