shape
carat
color
clarity

Settings for a Crooked Finger?

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

My left ring finger is very crooked. I've tried on a few rings and they sit on an angle, and also tend to stretch the 'webbing' part between my middle and ring fingers and cause pain when I splay out my fingers.

Does anyone have any advice or ideas for ways to minimise the discomfort when designing wedding + engagement rings? Or how to make rings sit more nicely?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I don't know exactly what your situation is but I, too, have had many finger/knuckle issues and fit problems with rings. However, I now have a mouthing by Cliq and it is fabulous. https://cliqjewelry.com
They have mountings for both men and women. I highly recommend!
They can also retrofit an existing mounting depending on the specifics of the current mounting (some are doable, others not). However, I don't feel the retrofits are the way to go unless you send it to Cliq to do the work. I had a previous mounting that my local jeweler retrofitted and I don't feel it was nearly as "solid" as the one I purchased directly from Cliq and then I had my jeweler simply set the diamond in.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

My left ring finger is very crooked. I've tried on a few rings and they sit on an angle, and also tend to stretch the 'webbing' part between my middle and ring fingers and cause pain when I splay out my fingers.

Does anyone have any advice or ideas for ways to minimise the discomfort when designing wedding + engagement rings? Or how to make rings sit more nicely?
id start with a good local manufacturing jewler with a long history in your town

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so after many many many ring designs, I find that I am most comfortable with the shank of a ring that is Plain, more rounded, not pipe cut and less than 1.8mm in height 1.6 feels like it disappears but then that limits band options on size of diamonds as well. I like comfort or bezel rings of the same size/height. I have a boney knuckle on the pinky and always hits my rings just in the perfect spot which I absolutely hate, but this works for me, half dome is a good non custom type of shank as well, but I always have this "crisp" line marking when i take off my rings, vs comfort fit (rounded on the inside) but you'll have to account for the "roundnes" and factor that into the overall height/rise off the finger as well..

here are some pictures of terminology:
Certainly you can make any way you want with any of the below combination:
E-wedding bands have some great examples, sometimes if you can get to a local jewelry shop to try on different looks you might find one to your liking and comfort:
https://www.e-weddingbands.com/

upload_2019-7-20_8-5-0.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Open rings fit anything!
Flexible bands might fit - WWW

Neither type is meant to be accomodating - just happen to be.

Last edited:

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your replies - it's good to know there are some options to consider.
That flexible band thing is quite interesting! Never seen anything like it before.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results