clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG yes we have this same experience. Except all of our cats take hours to come out after the cleaners have left. Literally hours. And they have been cleaning our house for years. Our cats are mentally challenged lol. But we love them anyway.

@yssie I hope your A/C is fixed! I am not looking forward to the heat wave we are getting and pray all of our air conditioning stays fixed.

Hah. Yes. My other half and I joke that we don’t pick our pets for their brains... that’s for sure :mrgreen2:

It isn’t fixed :cry2: and it’s dreadful!! It’s not even the heat... it’s the humidity I can’t stand! We’re getting a bigger dehumidifier tonight. In the meantime - window ACs are life savers!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hah. Yes. My other half and I joke that we don’t pick our pets for their brains... that’s for sure

The bunnies on my lawn have no brains. They keep trying to make nests there although they know Hero, my dog who chases all prey and has already chased and killed a rabbit, lives in that front yard. He tore apart one nest (blessedly not yet filled with baby bunnies). The bunny keeps reappearing there. Why is she such a dumb bunny? She is adorable.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back Story:

My husband is the sanest, most dependable, solid man and a wonderful, super hands on father. The kid adores him and frequently declares Daddy is the love of his life. They are very epic and completely different in personalities. They have the same interests but one is a drama queen while the other is as calm as anything.

Kid and I are home on school holidays. We're having fun and listening to music. Kid is dancing along to the song "Bust the windows of your car."

He suddenly pauses the song and says to me "If one day I find out that you are the love of Daddy's life and it wasn't really me I will bust the windows of his car."

OMG I laughed soooooo hard.

Poor Hubs was like "I do not ever encourage this kind of drama!" :lol:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20190724_094447.jpg 20190724_094540.jpg 20190724_095257.jpg I have a question for my fellow PSers, which is not worthy of a separate thread, so I will post here!!! I just got a 2 mm, 18kt white gold spacer band to wear between my engagement ring and half eternity band but as I look at the end result i feel like the spacer is....too wide? Should it be even thinner than 2mm? Is anything thinner safe for every day use? What do you guys think?
(DH's reaction when I showed him the stack: Alright, what is this thing that's stuck between your rings?)...

Attachments

• 20190724_094434.jpg
    20190724_094434.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 75

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last photo... 20190724_094434.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20190724_094447.jpg 20190724_094540.jpg 20190724_095257.jpg I have a question for my fellow PSers, which is not worthy of a separate thread, so I will post here!!! I just got a 2 mm, 18kt white gold spacer band to wear between my engagement ring and half eternity band but as I look at the end result i feel like the spacer is....too wide? Should it be even thinner than 2mm? Is anything thinner safe for every day use? What do you guys think?
(DH's reaction when I showed him the stack: Alright, what is this thing that's stuck between your rings?)...
Naty, IMO 2mm is perfect! ;)) My wife wears a 2mm PT spacer like yours b/t her Ering and her 5 stone ring. 1mm is too thin.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Last photo... 20190724_094434.jpg

I think it looks perfect together @Natylad. :love:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DF and @missy , thank you so much for your input! The more I look at my stack the more I like it and I also realise that if my spacer was thinner it wouldn't serve its purpose, which is to keep the diamonds of my wedding band away from my ER's white gold doughnut!
Thank you again!!! I feel much better about it :razz:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you know you are all "fercockt" when you are doing the laundry and somehow the remote control gets in to the 2 hour extra hot sanitary wash that was intended for your sheets and comforter.o_O

And somehow the remote is still working. Talk about crazy.:o
We will see how long the remote continues working. That was a super hot super vibrating sanitary cycle two hours long.

::)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Distracted behavior continuing. Greg had to go to Costco last week as we were running low on cat food and I was using lots of it trying to get the cats to eat so using much more than normal and throwing it away. While he was at Costco he picked up lots of things as I made a list for him. Why waste a trip to Costco on one thing right?

Well, he came home unpacked everything ($300 worth of stuff) and a couple of days pass and I say to him, honey, where's the cat food? LOLOL turns out after searching the car etc he realized eft it in the bottom of the cart in the Costco parking lot. Yup, the one thing we needed was the thing he left behind. Didn't have time at that moment to go to Costco but fortunately we had cat food left for another few days.

Fast forward to a week after the incident and he goes back to Costco to get the cat food this time and I told him just let them know what happened. Anyway they remembered that cat food was left in the bottom of a shopping cart in the lot and they gave him another carton of cat food at no charge. Costco rocks. Especially when one is so preoccupied with tsuris one cannot remember the simplest things.

By the way so far the remote is still working...how is that possible? :confused:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a cat found in our county lost cats FB page. Microchip information has nothing but the rescue he was adopted from. I was so afraid she would leave him outside (since that is the thing everyone in that group says to do "must be indoor/outdoor kitty!") that I offered to keep him safe until they opened Monday and drive him to them (an hour and a half away). Well... I picked him up Sunday. Rescue is closed Mondays. Fine. Another night. He is a super sweet old guy. I was going to drive him to them today. They got the adopters' information so I called & left voicemails, sent FB messages, and tried the email they had when adopting (it is not valid anymore). Why drive so far away if I am waiting to hear back from adopters? So now I will drive him to them if I don't hear back today.... We'll see how that goes. He is a sweetheart and over 15 years old. Loves just chilling on our bed. You can see where this is going... IMG_20190806_073814076.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a cat found in our county lost cats FB page. Microchip information has nothing but the rescue he was adopted from. I was so afraid she would leave him outside (since that is the thing everyone in that group says to do "must be indoor/outdoor kitty!") that I offered to keep him safe until they opened Monday and drive him to them (an hour and a half away). Well... I picked him up Sunday. Rescue is closed Mondays. Fine. Another night. He is a super sweet old guy. I was going to drive him to them today. They got the adopters' information so I called & left voicemails, sent FB messages, and tried the email they had when adopting (it is not valid anymore). Why drive so far away if I am waiting to hear back from adopters? So now I will drive him to them if I don't hear back today.... We'll see how that goes. He is a sweetheart and over 15 years old. Loves just chilling on our bed. You can see where this is going... IMG_20190806_073814076.jpg
Yes.
I see where this is going.
Allow me to congratulate you on the new addition to your family :kiss2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And he looks like a sweetheart @TooPatient ! Reminds me of my long hair kitty Boo Boo.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I love him @TooPatient, such a sweet looking kitty :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aww what a sweet baby. He sort of looks like our Fred but he is smaller than Fred. Almost the same age though...good luck with the kitty and hoping for a happy conclusion whatever that may be...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG the thunder and lightning is fierce right now. I do not enjoy this. The whole house is vibrating with the thunder and my dh is outside in the shed working on the bike and does not have his phone with him so I cannot tell him to get his you know what back in the house. This is freaking scary and just what the cats do not need at the moment as they are more terrified of violent storms than I am and that is saying a lot.:(

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I can't get HPD website--all I get I gibberish (not code) but words and nonactionable links. boohoo

cheers--Sharon

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still here and settling in well. We haven't introduced him to our others yet as we will have to take him in for a check up before we do that. I'm still trying to reach his adopters but no responses from either yet.

One of our others has quit eating. Seems to have pain in his mouth or nausea or something. I just spent most of today at the vets office with him. Full blood panel, fecal, and urinalysis should be in Monday. He got anti nausea injection and appetite stimulant. He seems to want to eat but not able. I got about 1/4 can into him earlier tonight. Will keep watching him. Emergency vet if needed. Hoping for an easy fix when results are in Monday.

Picture is of the senior guy. He's stretched out on DH in the bed. Seems pretty okay with the situation...
IMG_20190809_213548029.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still here and settling in well. We haven't introduced him to our others yet as we will have to take him in for a check up before we do that. I'm still trying to reach his adopters but no responses from either yet.

One of our others has quit eating. Seems to have pain in his mouth or nausea or something. I just spent most of today at the vets office with him. Full blood panel, fecal, and urinalysis should be in Monday. He got anti nausea injection and appetite stimulant. He seems to want to eat but not able. I got about 1/4 can into him earlier tonight. Will keep watching him. Emergency vet if needed. Hoping for an easy fix when results are in Monday.

Picture is of the senior guy. He's stretched out on DH in the bed. Seems pretty okay with the situation...
IMG_20190809_213548029.jpg

Oh no @TooPatient I am sorry about your cat who stopped eating. We are dealing with the same issue with Fred but that is because of his ringworm meds so we know the reason why. We are also giving Fred an appetite stimulant and anti nausea med (mirtizapine) and warming his food and giving him fluids. I don't know what is going to happen with Fred as this is a long a** treatment but I hope your kitty starts doing better and starts eating more. I get it when you write he seems to want to but not be able to eat (and oddly yes something seems to be wrong with his mouth but my sister says lots of cats do that when they stop eating) and it is gut wrenching. Sending you and kitty healing vibes and gentle hugs.

Just in case did you have the vet check his teeth? Though most likely it has nothing to do with that.

Hope things work out with senior kitty too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I can't get HPD website--all I get I gibberish (not code) but words and nonactionable links. boohoo

cheers--Sharon

Sharon were you able to get onto the website? I just tried it and it's working for me...hopefully it is now working for you too.

https://www.hpdiamonds.com

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @TooPatient I am sorry about your cat who stopped eating. We are dealing with the same issue with Fred but that is because of his ringworm meds so we know the reason why. We are also giving Fred an appetite stimulant and anti nausea med (mirtizapine) and warming his food and giving him fluids. I don't know what is going to happen with Fred as this is a long a** treatment but I hope your kitty starts doing better and starts eating more. I get it when you write he seems to want to but not be able to eat (and oddly yes something seems to be wrong with his mouth but my sister says lots of cats do that when they stop eating) and it is gut wrenching. Sending you and kitty healing vibes and gentle hugs.

Just in case did you have the vet check his teeth? Though most likely it has nothing to do with that.

Hope things work out with senior kitty too.

Missy,
I'm sorry you are going through this too. It is awful watching them struggle!

She checked his teeth. There is one spot with tartar so difficult to see, but looks like it is just fine. One other spot may have a bit of sore to it but she doesn't think so. Nothing that should be causing this sort of problem. (She is getting an estimate for me as that is their next step to doing a dental. Have to wait for blood work before they will schedule him anyway.)

Checking fecal for any parasites. Urine check for kidney/bladder issues. Full senior blood panel plus extra urinalysis. Checking for thyroid, blood chemistry, etc.

He managed about 3/4 of his usual breakfast so that is very good news. I did ditch the special "calorie dense" food the vet sent in favor of his usual food. His usual food is actually more calorie dense than the stuff she sent home!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you think it's possible to self-induce an epileptic seizure from scrolling through wayfair.com looking at duvet covers?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think it's possible to self-induce an epileptic seizure from scrolling through wayfair.com looking at duvet covers?

LMAO

Reactions: D&T

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a petty little vent, but...

I recently tried to buy some pearls from Pearl Paradise.

I chatted in, and the rep who wound up fielding my request was... absolutely exasperating to deal with.

I made clear, detailed requests for multiple strands. My requests were consistently ignored, forgotten, or both.

I clearly stated my budget. He sent me a pearl lineup that nominally came in just over budget, and I was very happy. I asked to have them shipped out once we'd got the rest of my order fulfilled. A week (and much following up) later, he sent me an invoice for a third again what he'd originally quoted... and when I questioned it, explained that his original quote had been a mistake. Fine, mistakes happen. But no offer to take a look and see what could actually be doable in the budget I'd originally stated? Really!?

Getting information from him was pulling teeth. Each email required several followups to get all of the information I requested - and information was rarely delivered in the timeframe promised.

This is in complete contrast to the last rep I worked with, who has since left the company - she was wonderful. Timely, communicative, attentive. And I knew I could blindly trust her opinion.

I probably should have just asked for a new rep earlier, but I didn't want to wind up starting from square one with a new iteration of the same sort of incompetence. And - this is where the pettiness comes in - I realized that I'm used to being taken seriously. I'm used to getting the "best" service - whether that's because I've got a long relationship with my sales associates, buying history, tenure here on PS, good relationships with a vendor's other clients... How much better would my Pearl Paradise experience have been if I was one of the "regulars"? If I was active on Pearl Guide? I was looking to spend ~$5k, which is probably pittance compared to Serious Buyers' budgets - what if I'd been spending $15k, $25k? I look at some of the pieces PSers have commissioned from Pearl Paradise and I know that the service they received was far better than what I just had - because there's honestly just no way anyone could have worked with my rep on those projects without giving up... I think I just got lucky with my last rep's awesomeness!

.. Sigh. :boohoo:

A typical interaction with this rep. Fortunately my interactions with him are few and far between.

You got my package with, y'know, thousands of dollars of stuff?
Nope. Double checked.
What!???? (I've got FedEx on hold on another line - if there's an issue I'm not waiting...)
Just kidding.
:roll2::x2

AC5069DF-C53B-40DB-B131-78BDBDDA6A0E.jpeg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results