shape
carat
color
clarity

7 new rings and a panda

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Every single piece are so pretty!!!
The Yellow Tourmaline ESPECIALLY!!! :love:

Thank you! I’m trying to get another yellow tourmaline in different shade. Will post if it works out.

This one stopped me in my tracks. Woah. GORGEOUS

Thank you! My fav too. I think it’s the one that gets the most compliments from folks in the jewelry trade.

That panda is adorable! Don't know if that is appropriate for a high end jewelry piece but it is meant as a definite compliment!

Those two rings are amazing, love that opal!

Thank you! The opal and panda are preloved pieces. When you have beer budget but champagne tastes... lol.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
You can also try Efficient at People’s park and see which you prefer. I have not tried Efficient though but their ready made settings seems reasonable.

Am comfortable with Wriston and Xiaojun that’s why don’t mind recommending them. If you find good jewelers do let me know too. ;)2

Thanks. Let me try Wriston first. Will let you know if I find any good jewelers.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@DiaDiva

U free wed lunch to go? He’s getting new settings then. It’s only once every few weeks/months.

Only if you have loose stones or want to get any diamond items. If not you just pop by whenever ;)2

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been visiting this thread to watch out for that panda!!!!!

Haha you must be hopping even more than I am!

GORGEOUS jade cab and opal!!!!!!!

Was the jade cab setting from your normal jeweller too?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I have been visiting this thread to watch out for that panda!!!!!

Haha you must be hopping even more than I am!

GORGEOUS jade cab and opal!!!!!!!

Was the jade cab setting from your normal jeweller too?

No... and he said I overpaid argh. :cry2:

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@arkieb1

It’s still in Japan... I’m checking the status everyday... :oops2:

FE0146A0-0BB2-4FCA-91DF-54224820A140.jpeg

This
7FF449BE-ADC6-4AC2-9CAE-D0971DF506F2.jpeg

Posted pics earlier in another thread so not much of a secret...

Ok in the meantime add another two new rings I just got at the local jewelry show. So much for trying to be good...

Both are cabs. Jadeite and Mexican opal. I’m not able to capture how mesmerizing the opal is irl. Beautiful play of color. Shifting as I move the ring. And my daughter loves the ring too.

69D92650-5CE8-4607-AC85-1B6A415A08C4.jpeg
FC2E8647-41FE-4A6E-A86E-277CAB299BE0.jpeg 91E391F0-4EC2-469E-9BA3-7BD888F10F72.jpeg 2DAD40A4-2D94-4565-B874-EF30FBA73E0C.jpeg

Cos I added more cabs haha. Scarily my jeweller is getting more settings this week so I may actually add more rings. Omg. Need to be on PS and IG ban I think. Otherwise I can’t stop getting all the pretties.

Gorgeous collection. What is the weight of your Mexican opal? May I ask what is the price range of the Mexican opal in the gem show?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Is ok babe! I severely overpaid to the Facebook lady when I started! It happens!

But yours is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Thank you! Makes me feel better already. Ok I do like the design and I’ve already received compliments on it irl so... try not to think about it (over paid) I guess. Win some lose some... :(2

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous collection. What is the weight of your Mexican opal? May I ask what is the price range of the Mexican opal in the gem show?

Thanks. Very modest collection compared to the experienced CS folks here. =)2

Mine is 3.19 ct. I only saw one booth selling Mexican opal cabs and they quoted USD300/ct. Probably is a bit less after bargaining? I think nice cabs are hard to find. A lot goes to Japan I think.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks. Very modest collection compared to the experienced CS folks here. =)2

Mine is 3.19 ct. I only saw one booth selling Mexican opal cabs and they quoted USD300/ct. Probably is a bit less after bargaining? I think nice cabs are hard to find. A lot goes to Japan I think.

Thank you. I don't see nice Mexican opal cab in the shows I visited in Tucson. Most of the Mexican opals I have seen are either bad quality or freeform. Yours is exactly what I am looking for. Transparent colorless base with high dome.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. I don't see nice Mexican opal cab in the shows I visited in Tucson. Most of the Mexican opals I have seen are either bad quality or freeform. Yours is exactly what I am looking for. Transparent colorless base with high dome.

Yeah i don’t like the freeform ones either... you have to be really creative and have a nice design then perhaps will be nice...

There were only a handful of cabs and they ranged from 2-3 ct I think. Nice to know that you also like clear Mexican opals. I was looking for threads in ps and came up empty... so was like :confused::???:

Hope you find a nice one soon! I actually thought maybe since US is relatively nearer to Mexico should be cheaper and easier to find?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
whao!:love::-o:love::-oAmazing collection you have there!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much icy, and yes, the color does look good. I'm a little confused as to why they provide four dimensions; 1.88, 1.35, 1.2, and 0.35 cm. I figure three of them are L, W, and H but in what order, and what is the fourth? Can you help me with this please?

Also I've been regularly checking the PURPLE search you kindly provided, I wonder why it doesn't show up there?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much icy, and yes, the color does look good. I'm a little confused as to why they provide four dimensions; 1.88, 1.35, 1.2, and 0.35 cm. I figure three of them are L, W, and H but in what order, and what is the fourth? Can you help me with this please?

Also I've been regularly checking the PURPLE search you kindly provided, I wonder why it doesn't show up there?

尺寸:全長約1.88cm 旦面長約1.35cm 寬約1.2cm 厚約0.35cm

Translation: full length 1.88 cm. Cab length 1.35 cm, width 1.2 cm, thickness 0.35cm

Kathy is great about returns FYI, so you can always return if it’s not as you expected. I’ve lost count of how many I’ve returned. They are always very nice and prompt in refunds.

Re your second question, I can only think that the search function isn’t perfect. I’ve encountered the same bug before, but since there is no color selection on the site, this is as good as it gets...

I also look at this link regularly for all the items, sorted by newest items first...

https://www.kathyjade.com/Store/Web...gory&key=8f596982-4dca-443b-b8db-1224d435719a

Reactions: prs

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’ll start with the opal since I just wore it yesterday and already have pics. It’s a 4.86 ct Peruvian blue opal (10x12x6mm) that I got from a fellow PS-er (@marymm) earlier this year. When I put the opal in the current setting, it was like a ‘woah’ moment. Love them both individually and even more together.

Posted the ring earlier in the CS forum and was told it’s caribbean blue. Before that was struggling in the color and my colleague and I thought Tiffany blue hence this pic:
5FE78BA3-5204-469B-860B-54A9AEB10BCA.jpeg

And then I looked up Caribbean blue as well:
22A24BC0-2116-43FA-AB1A-FFADDA75E6C8.jpeg

On the hand
FE7D9AFF-9EC1-4BE7-8F9F-97451941EF89.jpeg

It looks darker and less opaque out of the sun. Same position but varying amounts of natural light:
FB333082-EAFC-4850-B191-14EA166E551B.jpeg

Yah, I also had a 'whoa' moment when I saw this pic! What a stunning ring!

And that jadeite one is :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
尺寸:全長約1.88cm 旦面長約1.35cm 寬約1.2cm 厚約0.35cm

Translation: full length 1.88 cm. Cab length 1.35 cm, width 1.2 cm, thickness 0.35cm

Kathy is great about returns FYI, so you can always return if it’s not as you expected. I’ve lost count of how many I’ve returned. They are always very nice and prompt in refunds.

Re your second question, I can only think that the search function isn’t perfect. I’ve encountered the same bug before, but since there is no color selection on the site, this is as good as it gets...

I also look at this link regularly for all the items, sorted by newest items first...

https://www.kathyjade.com/Store/Web...gory&key=8f596982-4dca-443b-b8db-1224d435719a
Thank you icy! IMNSHO those dimensions are a tad too small for a pendant. =)2 The stone certainly has better color than anything I've seen recently. In the PURPLE search some really great color cabs come up, but they are all marked sold. :cry2:

We are going to keep our powder dry until we find a great color stone of the right size. I'm going to use your new search from now on. =)2

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you icy! IMNSHO those dimensions are a tad too small for a pendant. =)2 The stone certainly has better color than anything I've seen recently. In the PURPLE search some really great color cabs come up, but they are all marked sold. :cry2:

We are going to keep our powder dry until we find a great color stone of the right size. I'm going to use your new search from now on. =)2

Ah what size are you looking for?

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ah what size are you looking for?
The answer to that question isn't as easy as it might seem. I am pretty good at knowing what DW won't like, but not quite so good at predicting what she will like! :eek2::mrgreen2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so cool, I love animal jewellery!!!! It has the sweetest face too!!!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Icy!! It's darling! The pictures where he's facing you are so cute. Actually, is it a he or a she?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oomg squeeeeee

Superbly done!!! Such an adorable face on that panda and that's not easy to do! Could look like a zombie!

So so so beautiful and cuuuuuuuute :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oomg squeeeeee

Superbly done!!! Such an adorable face on that panda and that's not easy to do! Could look like a zombie!

So so so beautiful and cuuuuuuuute :love:

Thanks MY! I think this is a cheerful ring coz it’s so cute hahahah.

As an added bonus my daughter loves it too so I feel like I’m finally having some success drawing her over to the dark side. Lol. :twisted2:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks MY! I think this is a cheerful ring coz it’s so cute hahahah.

As an added bonus my daughter loves it too so I feel like I’m finally having some success drawing her over to the dark side. Lol. :twisted2:
Absolutely gorgeous and cute too. :love::love::love:

If it does bring your daughter over to the dark side, it could end up being one very expensive little panda. :lol:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous and cute too. :love::love::love:

If it does bring your daughter over to the dark side, it could end up being one very expensive little panda. :lol:

It beats having her tell me that she doesn’t like it and then asking me not to wear! :lol:

Is ok, what’s mine will probably be hers next time. But that’s many years away. I’ve told her that she can only wear when she’s all grown up. She’s only 3.5 yo. :lol::lol::lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results