color
clarity

Help With Choosing A Setting

Which One Would You Choose?

• The OG David Klass Design! - You Worked Too Hard On It

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • The Classic Tiffany Basket Style

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The Vintage Low Profile - H&A Stones Will Look Fine!

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The Classic With A Twist

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • None Of These - I’ll Add A Pic Of My Fave Below!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I keep trying to get so many things done while the house is quiet I missed everything. I was looking at the changes on my phone and didn’t zoom in to see all the measurements changed. I thought it was just the baskets.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. I like it a little wider and thicker. It is almost the same as my Meghan measurements and it is comfort fit, which I like.

On the CAD, the side baskets look the same but maybe they were polished a bit more or it could have been due to the center stone size. I do like your’s better with the higher center basket though. I am hoping that will naturally happen because this gemstone is actually pretty deep and I am dealing with a slightly oval shape. I sent out all the info and I am just waiting to hear back in the morning. I am ready to get this rolling...!

Sorry, I was half asleep last night and read your comment and just hit “like” and crashed before responding. Lol! I’m pretty jealous of you and your empty house this week though, because I’m packing up an entire house and garage alone, and moving four hours away this weekend. Hubby will help me move but packing is up to me. Ugh...

I went over the the thread where we had discussed the changes she made, and for the center basket on her version 1 she just had it lowered. Version 2 she had him thin the prongs out as well, so if you aren’t wanting it to sit super high, version 2 may work. My criteria was to not be able to see any basket metal from the top and I wanted small claw prongs. I like the way the design comes down from the girdle and stays “pinched in” before flaring out as opposed to starting to separate as soon as the design wraps around the side of the stone. Gosh I hope that doesn’t sound crazy and at least makes a little sense. I can draw a picture if I need to. :lol: Sometimes translating things from my brain into words doesn’t work all that well. :confused2:

As for the measurements, I do agree that comfort fit is the way to go. I hadn’t realized what a difference in appearance that would make. I might bump it up to 2mm thickness and then 2.5mm for the width as opposed to 2.8 since my center stone will be almost a full millimeter smaller than hers at 6.5. I don’t want the band to overpower the basket and stones, but instead compliment it.

For the side baskets, this is what I think happened. The first one had a “tick and tilt” going on so the side stones sat a little lower and faced out more, almost sitting under the center stone. For her second version it seems like he faced the sides up more, but also made them *slightly* taller, and in turn it kinda stretched the baskets upward so they look skinnier. It’s a really subtle change, but if you look at her photos from the other thread and compare, you can barely see a difference. I like the wider look simply because it mimics the shape of the center basket more.

I have spent WAY too much time going over these images. Like an embarrassingly long amount of time. Lol! I can’t wait to see the CADs for your trio. It’s gonna be gorgeous! And since your stone is deeper like you said, that design is going to be big and bold and airy and amazing. So excited!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I was half asleep last night and read your comment and just hit “like” and crashed before responding. Lol! I’m pretty jealous of you and your empty house this week though, because I’m packing up an entire house and garage alone, and moving four hours away this weekend. Hubby will help me move but packing is up to me. Ugh...

I went over the the thread where we had discussed the changes she made, and for the center basket on her version 1 she just had it lowered. Version 2 she had him thin the prongs out as well, so if you aren’t wanting it to sit super high, version 2 may work. My criteria was to not be able to see any basket metal from the top and I wanted small claw prongs. I like the way the design comes down from the girdle and stays “pinched in” before flaring out as opposed to starting to separate as soon as the design wraps around the side of the stone. Gosh I hope that doesn’t sound crazy and at least makes a little sense. I can draw a picture if I need to. :lol: Sometimes translating things from my brain into words doesn’t work all that well. :confused2:

As for the measurements, I do agree that comfort fit is the way to go. I hadn’t realized what a difference in appearance that would make. I might bump it up to 2mm thickness and then 2.5mm for the width as opposed to 2.8 since my center stone will be almost a full millimeter smaller than hers at 6.5. I don’t want the band to overpower the basket and stones, but instead compliment it.

For the side baskets, this is what I think happened. The first one had a “tick and tilt” going on so the side stones sat a little lower and faced out more, almost sitting under the center stone. For her second version it seems like he faced the sides up more, but also made them *slightly* taller, and in turn it kinda stretched the baskets upward so they look skinnier. It’s a really subtle change, but if you look at her photos from the other thread and compare, you can barely see a difference. I like the wider look simply because it mimics the shape of the center basket more.

I have spent WAY too much time going over these images. Like an embarrassingly long amount of time. Lol! I can’t wait to see the CADs for your trio. It’s gonna be gorgeous! And since your stone is deeper like you said, that design is going to be big and bold and airy and amazing. So excited!
I know...I haven’t had a chance to look at everything in detail. I sent the CAD to my stepson so he could at least price it for me. For the two 1/2 carat side stones, I got those for $685 with shipping. The setting is $433 for yellow gold and $685 for platinum. I still think that 14k yellow gold is the way to go. It is a little more than a $1000 including the lab diamonds. I know if I had to pay Sam, it would be closer to $1000 just for the setting and then I would have the cost of the lab diamonds on top of that.

I keep flipping back and forth between the 3 different versions which is making my head spin. I only want to send one version to the CAD person so I don’t confuse them too. I will include her new pictures from her thread where you can clearly see the baskets on the side raised to meet the center. I am not sure if the center being higher is reflected on the CAD but as I said, I am hoping the depth of the gemstones fixes that anyways. I don’t mind seeing the prongs as they come up over the stone but I definitely like the claw versions that she has on her 2nd version and not so much the first version of her ring.

I don’t know how mine will look with the metal being exposed from the top since the oval gemstone is kind of a wavy border based on the style I randomly picked. I am going to get everything over to them later today and hopefully I can get a CAD by the end of Friday if they are quick.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I know...I haven’t had a chance to look at everything in detail. I sent the CAD to my stepson so he could at least price it for me. For the two 1/2 carat side stones, I got those for $685 with shipping. The setting is $433 for yellow gold and $685 for platinum. I still think that 14k yellow gold is the way to go. It is a little more than a $1000 including the lab diamonds. I know if I had to pay Sam, it would be closer to $1000 just for the setting and then I would have the cost of the lab diamonds on top of that.

I keep flipping back and forth between the 3 different versions which is making my head spin. I only want to send one version to the CAD person so I don’t confuse them too. I will include her new pictures from her thread where you can clearly see the baskets on the side raised to meet the center. I am not sure if the center being higher is reflected on the CAD but as I said, I am hoping the depth of the gemstones fixes that anyways. I don’t mind seeing the prongs as they come up over the stone but I definitely like the claw versions that she has on her 2nd version and not so much the first version of her ring.

I don’t know how mine will look with the metal being exposed from the top since the oval gemstone is kind of a wavy border based on the style I randomly picked. I am going to get everything over to them later today and hopefully I can get a CAD by the end of Friday if they are quick.

Those prices are INSANE! I am so jealous you can get pieces made for that. I can’t wait to see the CADs. Yellow gold in my opinion is definitely the way to go with that center stone. And since I’m already throwing my opinion out there, I’d work from the updated CAD DK sent me, if I was forced to choose one of the three. It’s got the most elements I prefer so it would require the least amount of changes. For me, explaining the desired orientation of the side stones would be the most difficult part and that CAD eliminates that conversation.

Again, just my opinion! Not my ring and not my money :lol:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Those prices are INSANE! I am so jealous you can get pieces made for that. I can’t wait to see the CADs. Yellow gold in my opinion is definitely the way to go with that center stone. And since I’m already throwing my opinion out there, I’d work from the updated CAD DK sent me, if I was forced to choose one of the three. It’s got the most elements I prefer so it would require the least amount of changes. For me, explaining the desired orientation of the side stones would be the most difficult part and that CAD eliminates that conversation.

Again, just my opinion! Not my ring and not my money :lol:
It’s like you read my mind. That is exactly what I am going to do. His CAD person speaks good English but when they redid my Tianyu solitaire, they changed the prongs from tab prongs to claw prongs. I have to be very clear or I won’t get what I want. I am sure if mine turns out well and you ever get ready to do your’s, you could do the same thing with the lab diamond side stones. I am sure I can swing the same price for you. The price is close to what DK was going to charge but this includes the lab diamonds already and you could go down to Si1 clarity and then it is only like $100 for the moissanite. That would be like $1000 in white gold. Let’s see how it comes out. It will be good to have another example of one that looks right and I will get an updated CAD again too.

Didn’t you just move last summer? i assume this is because of your husband’s job. I hate moving. I have done it so many times in my life that I actually used to forget where I was!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
It’s like you read my mind. That is exactly what I am going to do. His CAD person speaks good English but when they redid my Tianyu solitaire, they changed the prongs from tab prongs to claw prongs. I have to be very clear or I won’t get what I want. I am sure if mine turns out well and you ever get ready to do your’s, you could do the same thing with the lab diamond side stones. I am sure I can swing the same price for you. The price is close to what DK was going to charge but this includes the lab diamonds already and you could go down to Si1 clarity and then it is only like $100 for the moissanite. That would be like $1000 in white gold. Let’s see how it comes out. It will be good to have another example of one that looks right and I will get an updated CAD again too.

Didn’t you just move last summer? i assume this is because of your husband’s job. I hate moving. I have done it so many times in my life that I actually used to forget where I was!

Oh my gosh, once we get settled I told him I WILL get my ring so this conversation is to be continued...

Yes, we moved last summer (June) and now we’re moving again. For his job, but this is a completely different line of work so it’s not the same “nomad” requirements like the old job. We’ve moved so many times I’ve lost count, but north of a dozen, and we’ve only been married 13 years. This is actually our 6th state. I told him I’m getting too old for this and we have to stay put this time or I’m going to lose my mind. I absolutely LOATHE moving. On the bright side, I’ve basically got it down to a science. Haha!

I’m so anxious to see the CADs, you have no idea!!!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, once we get settled I told him I WILL get my ring so this conversation is to be continued...

Yes, we moved last summer (June) and now we’re moving again. For his job, but this is a completely different line of work so it’s not the same “nomad” requirements like the old job. We’ve moved so many times I’ve lost count, but north of a dozen, and we’ve only been married 13 years. This is actually our 6th state. I told him I’m getting too old for this and we have to stay put this time or I’m going to lose my mind. I absolutely LOATHE moving. On the bright side, I’ve basically got it down to a science. Haha!

I’m so anxious to see the CADs, you have no idea!!!
So the total price ended up being $1138 and that includes the two .50 lab diamonds and all the shipping and PP fees. I might have to have him do my aquamarine too. It is hard to say no to these prices. I can get 3 rings made for the price of one really. I won’t get the CAD until he gets all the stones in so it might be two weeks.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
So the total price ended up being $1138 and that includes the two .50 lab diamonds and all the shipping and PP fees. I might have to have him do my aquamarine too. It is hard to say no to these prices. I can get 3 rings made for the price of one really. I won’t get the CAD until he gets all the stones in so it might be two weeks.

Dang! I was hoping this message was the CADs :lol:

Those prices are in line with China. Amazing! Can’t wait!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Dang! I was hoping this message was the CADs :lol:

Those prices are in line with China. Amazing! Can’t wait!

I know. He said it will be too much work to make all the adjustments because I don’t have the exact measurements on my gemstone and he is still waiting on the lab diamonds. I am hoping the mail doesn’t get stuck through customs but it is going out today. Sometimes he has gotten it within 10 days. More waiting!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I know. He said it will be too much work to make all the adjustments because I don’t have the exact measurements on my gemstone and he is still waiting on the lab diamonds. I am hoping the mail doesn’t get stuck through customs but it is going out today. Sometimes he has gotten it within 10 days. More waiting!

Waiting is the worst. I feel like I’m going through it with you so if I feel this anxious I can’t imagine how you must feel. :lol:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Waiting is the worst. I feel like I’m going through it with you so if I feel this anxious I can’t imagine how you must feel. :lol:
Can I just cry now or put this emjoi a couple hundred times...:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:
The post office broke the tip off my gemstone. My diamonds just came in today and I talked to Jim and he is going to see what he can do without losing any of the face up size. Maybe cut it more like an OEC, which had been my original plan but he said it would reduce brilliance in the stone. If it needs a major recut, it would be better just to make a bezel pendant. I don’t think I am going to easily find flawless tourmaline rough in that color again for awhile. He is cutting my Asscher aqua today but that doesn’t look right in a yellow gold setting with two rounds. Ugh! I am so mad right now. Nothing like wasting another $200 in mailing costs and more time!
EFD19ED4-E4DC-439E-806F-F08861C3017C.png 2C407DC3-DA60-4B77-BB12-F6A0A84E8F40.jpeg 0CC78E0B-CD1A-4D02-961F-8F3568EA3607.jpeg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Can I just cry now or put this emjoi a couple hundred times...:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:
The post office broke the tip off my gemstone. My diamonds just came in today and I talked to Jim and he is going to see what he can do without losing any of the face up size. Maybe cut it more like an OEC, which had been my original plan but he said it would reduce brilliance in the stone. If it needs a major recut, it would be better just to make a bezel pendant. I don’t think I am going to easily find flawless tourmaline rough in that color again for awhile. He is cutting my Asscher aqua today but that doesn’t look right in a yellow gold setting with two rounds. Ugh! I am so mad right now. Nothing like wasting another $200 in mailing costs and more time!
EFD19ED4-E4DC-439E-806F-F08861C3017C.png 2C407DC3-DA60-4B77-BB12-F6A0A84E8F40.jpeg 0CC78E0B-CD1A-4D02-961F-8F3568EA3607.jpeg

Oh. My. Gosh. This is maddening!!!! I am so sorry!!!! Was there insurance on it so they can cover the cost, or at least part of it? I’m about to cry, and it’s not even my stone!!! :cry2: I’m hopeful that it can be recut, even if it’s a different look, and you still be satisfied with it. What a let down. :(2

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. My. Gosh. This is maddening!!!! I am so sorry!!!! Was there insurance on it so they can cover the cost, or at least part of it? I’m about to cry, and it’s not even my stone!!! :cry2: I’m hopeful that it can be recut, even if it’s a different look, and you still be satisfied with it. What a let down. :(2
I didn’t insure it with tracking because it only costs $280 and to track and Have insurance was super expensive so I didn’t see the point because I couldn’t replace it with something ‘like’ for ‘like’.

I told him to send it back DHL with the diamonds so I can take a good look at all of them together. I will have to then mail it to Jim to see what he can do. I just don’t want the center stone to become ‘flat’ looking as far as brilliance because that was the reason for getting a colored gemstone in the first place to have something bright and shiny! Starting over is not great because yellow tourmalines are mostly golden and I got lucky with this one. It was also flawless, which doesn’t really happen either. A sapphire is just too expensive and I didn’t want something that banana yellow right now.

It is some sort of weird irony that I asked Jim to cut it into an OEC originally and he said it wouldn’t showcase its brilliance enough. Now my only option is to turn it into an OEC if I want to fix it but not loose face up size. He is going to try to keep the color and brightness to it but IDK. The setting still works for something antique looking even with modern rounds...I think? I am not sure why something as small as a gemstone can make me so mad but I seem to be on a streak lately of endless bad luck!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I didn’t insure it with tracking because it only costs $280 and to track and Have insurance was super expensive so I didn’t see the point because I couldn’t replace it with something ‘like’ for ‘like’.

I told him to send it back DHL with the diamonds so I can take a good look at all of them together. I will have to then mail it to Jim to see what he can do. I just don’t want the center stone to become ‘flat’ looking as far as brilliance because that was the reason for getting a colored gemstone in the first place to have something bright and shiny! Starting over is not great because yellow tourmalines are mostly golden and I got lucky with this one. It was also flawless, which doesn’t really happen either. A sapphire is just too expensive and I didn’t want something that banana yellow right now.

It is some sort of weird irony that I asked Jim to cut it into an OEC originally and he said it wouldn’t showcase its brilliance enough. Now my only option is to turn it into an OEC if I want to fix it but not loose face up size. He is going to try to keep the color and brightness to it but IDK. The setting still works for something antique looking even with modern rounds...I think? I am not sure why something as small as a gemstone can make me so mad but I seem to be on a streak lately of endless bad luck!

Sorry for not responding sooner! Trying to get unpacked and situated and my step son is here for the summer so it’s just been busy.

As far as something that small making you mad, girl I’d be furious! You’ve waited so long and it was so perfect and you were in the home stretch and the stupid USPS has to go and screw it up. I’d be livid!

However.....I think an OEC would be gorgeous. If that’s your only option in order to not lose any face up size, I’d try it. What other choices did he give you for a recut? As it stands, it seems like you’ve got nothing left to lose going the OEC route, unless he’s given you other options. Maybe it’s meant to be since that’s what you originally wanted to begin with? And as far as the setting, I think it’s transitional and can go either way. I also think the OEC center will look fine with the RB side stones. Since they’re a different color and material, it won’t seem like you were trying to match them and it didn’t work, if that makes sense. I think it’ll read differently because it’s a gemstone center.

Hoping for a happy update soon! =)2

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for not responding sooner! Trying to get unpacked and situated and my step son is here for the summer so it’s just been busy.

As far as something that small making you mad, girl I’d be furious! You’ve waited so long and it was so perfect and you were in the home stretch and the stupid USPS has to go and screw it up. I’d be livid!

However.....I think an OEC would be gorgeous. If that’s your only option in order to not lose any face up size, I’d try it. What other choices did he give you for a recut? As it stands, it seems like you’ve got nothing left to lose going the OEC route, unless he’s given you other options. Maybe it’s meant to be since that’s what you originally wanted to begin with? And as far as the setting, I think it’s transitional and can go either way. I also think the OEC center will look fine with the RB side stones. Since they’re a different color and material, it won’t seem like you were trying to match them and it didn’t work, if that makes sense. I think it’ll read differently because it’s a gemstone center.

I knew you were busy with moving and I am waiting again now which is no fun. The lab diamonds came in but the videos are not great enough for me to be able to tell. They look so warm in the pic’s but I am told they are pretty white IRL. They are J’s so I expect some warmth and that is what I wanted anyways since it is all in yellow gold. I asked him just to send the lab diamonds & the tourmaline to me so I can look at them all together. The video link is below but I am not sure it will work from google doc’s.

I spoke to the gem cutter. He said he will try to get rid of the window the best he can without losing any of the face up size. There is only the one choice to do that. I am glad he sounds confident! I can be hopeful that it is not as bad in person and the pictures make it look worse? I hate that this is happening. He is going on vacation on the 11th so I really want to get it to him before he goes. Why does everyone have to be on vacation. My son is on vacation for 2 weeks too. Don’t they know I am inpatient and want to get these things moving!

The gem cutter just finished up my aquamarine too. They have a rendering program they are using to show cuts which is helpful. I was going to do a more complicated setting with this one too but now I think I might just dump it in one of the pre-made settings from Debebian’s. It is a platinum ring that has diamond tapered baguettes. Maybe it is best to do a few of these a little less complicated?

https://doc-0s-1g-docs.googleuserco.../1-5jcRcL-_sdnaddZtl7-AjVPUDE3fI0Q?e=download

https://imgur.com/a/xq2qdR5

Attachments

• 2DEFD2E1-39FE-49D3-B981-0FB207C1DE00.gif
    2DEFD2E1-39FE-49D3-B981-0FB207C1DE00.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 30

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

Just got the finished video for the Asscher. Looks so FAB!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Shinypreci..._to_show/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I always look at Hancock’s of London for inspiration and this ring caught my eye. I am trying to figure out what kind of setting for the aquamarine but they had this 3 stone setting. I like how your baskets look much better but I also like how the stones are all around the same height. These are all rounds of a similar size so I am not sure exactly how it will work. I am hoping the stone arrives Monday and then I can send them to Jim to recut before he leaves for vacation at the end of next week. If I need to do a recut, it might work looking a bit more like an OEC. Not sure how it will effect the color or performance though. Let’s hope he can save it without losing too much face value.

What do you think of the cathedral shoulder’s? Slightly different then your’s but not a design I have seen before like this.

https://www.hancocks-london.com/wedding-engagement/engagment-rings/hancocks-124168.html

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I always look at Hancock’s of London for inspiration and this ring caught my eye. I am trying to figure out what kind of setting for the aquamarine but they had this 3 stone setting. I like how your baskets look much better but I also like how the stones are all around the same height. These are all rounds of a similar size so I am not sure exactly how it will work. I am hoping the stone arrives Monday and then I can send them to Jim to recut before he leaves for vacation at the end of next week. If I need to do a recut, it might work looking a bit more like an OEC. Not sure how it will effect the color or performance though. Let’s hope he can save it without losing too much face value.

What do you think of the cathedral shoulder’s? Slightly different then your’s but not a design I have seen before like this.

https://www.hancocks-london.com/wedding-engagement/engagment-rings/hancocks-124168.html

I do love that! It reminds me of this one DK made but obviously his is less ornate. I also like how the shoulders on his swoop in instead of being so straight. I love cathedrals and don’t think I’d ever design a ring without that element somehow. To me it completes the look and makes it more finished and cohesive if that makes sense.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BswVtXbFkap/?hl=en

For the aquamarine, I still love the idea of 2 baguettes on each side, on running horizontal and one vertical, bezeled and with milgrain. I think that would look amazing with the Asscher cut!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I do love that! It reminds me of this one DK made but obviously his is less ornate. I also like how the shoulders on his swoop in instead of being so straight. I love cathedrals and don’t think I’d ever design a ring without that element somehow. To me it completes the look and makes it more finished and cohesive if that makes sense.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BswVtXbFkap/?hl=en

For the aquamarine, I still love the idea of 2 baguettes on each side, on running horizontal and one vertical, bezeled and with milgrain. I think that would look amazing with the Asscher cut!
I keep trying to flip back and forth. You are right how it swoops in a bit more as it meets the baskets. The angles of the side stones look about the same. The donut on your ring is much bigger. I don’t know if that matters one way or the other. I think the more light the better. I definitely need to stick with yellow gold and not two tone though because of the yellow center.

On the aquamarine, I am stuck. I keep thinking I should just do the tapered baguettes only but then I go back to the mid century bezels. The Asscher cut is busy so I don’t know if I want to make a busy ring too. I do have problems with dialing things back though. I keep adding and adding until there is no plain metal left! I do have to say that the last ACC I made is so incredibly comfortable that I forget i am wearing it.

Colored stones are new for me which means another ‘rabbit hole’...not great! :lol: It’s such a process to come up with new and original design ideas!

Burntpie

Rough_Rock
WELCOME BACK HUN!!! So excited to see this project up and running again. Def first design. Would you consider a brushed matte look rather than polished to make it different? Also with the warmth in the stones I think yellow gold baskets with white band would be stunning. I remember seeing a victor canera OEC that was warmer in a YG bezel and engraved white band and I almost died it was PERFECTION.

SOmetimes a warmer stone in WG looks abit off other times it’s buttery goodness so maybe see the stones first.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
WELCOME BACK HUN!!! So excited to see this project up and running again. Def first design. Would you consider a brushed matte look rather than polished to make it different? Also with the warmth in the stones I think yellow gold baskets with white band would be stunning. I remember seeing a victor canera OEC that was warmer in a YG bezel and engraved white band and I almost died it was PERFECTION.

SOmetimes a warmer stone in WG looks abit off other times it’s buttery goodness so maybe see the stones first.

Hey there! Have you been following along with my crazy roller coaster journey? :lol: I did briefly consider a matte finish, but I’m not sure I’d want that for my wedding set. A unique RHR, sure. I want to stay somewhat traditional since it’s going to replace my engagement ring though. I also thought about two tone, but the opposite of what you’ve suggested. I’ll have to try and find that VC ring! I know DK just completed a ring for another PSer that had a yellow basket and white shank and it was gorgeous.

I agree that super warm stones don’t always look right in WG, so I’m torn between GH and IJ at the moment. A rep from Tianyu sent me a video of IJ and they still looked pretty white to me. Admittedly though, I’m not super color sensitive. I’ll see if I can attach or at least link the video. I’m all for opinions from others! :mrgreen2:

Burntpie

Rough_Rock
38640F02-6AFA-4AF6-B939-CCBB90BE3524.jpeg
Hey there! Have you been following along with my crazy roller coaster journey? :lol: I did briefly consider a matte finish, but I’m not sure I’d want that for my wedding set. A unique RHR, sure. I want to stay somewhat traditional since it’s going to replace my engagement ring though. I also thought about two tone, but the opposite of what you’ve suggested. I’ll have to try and find that VC ring! I know DK just completed a ring for another PSer that had a yellow basket and white shank and it was gorgeous.

I agree that super warm stones don’t always look right in WG, so I’m torn between GH and IJ at the moment. A rep from Tianyu sent me a video of IJ and they still looked pretty white to me. Admittedly though, I’m not super color sensitive. I’ll see if I can attach or at least link the video. I’m all for opinions from others! :mrgreen2:

Oh god I just realised my iPad is logged into an account I Made when I forgot the password to my other account. I’m usually somethingabitdifferent I have to log this one out. But wanted to show this to you !

SH******T!!!! Oh my god I would be GUTTED.
Why is the world so cruel!?!? An OEC / old style cut in this would be divine though. Maybe this was all meant to happen? Let’s run with that. Otherwise we’ll ALL cry.

20A15A3A-9C8E-4D07-BDF8-3C0BAA2C2289.jpeg 2226D992-A661-4F5D-80B6-707C80563782.jpeg

There is no way to explain this without sounding like a mole but I’ll try anyway. The reason I suggested the gold around a warm stone was because there was a woman at work who had A HUGE low colour diamond in a white gold 6 prong setting. It didn’t help that she was a horrid person to work with and was incredibly rude to anyone she met but her diamond looked terrible in the setting. Instead of looking beautiful and buttery like warm stones can it sort of looked more .. I dunno? Wee yellow? It was a bad yellow. I can’t even work out what it was about the ring but it didn’t work at all. Maybe it was just a weird yellow I don’t know .. maybe you could see her soul in it lol.
I just spent an embarrassing amount of time looking for this But I found it. It’s van craynest not victor canera and belongs to a fellow PS’er.
This has a special place in my heart and when I saw it on LT I really wanted to buy it.

It’s an O or M maybe so more coloured than what you were thinking but worth considering ?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
20A15A3A-9C8E-4D07-BDF8-3C0BAA2C2289.jpeg 2226D992-A661-4F5D-80B6-707C80563782.jpeg

There is no way to explain this without sounding like a mole but I’ll try anyway. The reason I suggested the gold around a warm stone was because there was a woman at work who had A HUGE low colour diamond in a white gold 6 prong setting. It didn’t help that she was a horrid person to work with and was incredibly rude to anyone she met but her diamond looked terrible in the setting. Instead of looking beautiful and buttery like warm stones can it sort of looked more .. I dunno? Wee yellow? It was a bad yellow. I can’t even work out what it was about the ring but it didn’t work at all. Maybe it was just a weird yellow I don’t know .. maybe you could see her soul in it lol.
I just spent an embarrassing amount of time looking for this But I found it. It’s van craynest not victor canera and belongs to a fellow PS’er.
This has a special place in my heart and when I saw it on LT I really wanted to buy it.

It’s an O or M maybe so more coloured than what you were thinking but worth considering ?

Awwww, hey there! It all makes sense now. I was super confused by the last post since it was under an old username :lol: Glad to see you back on here and over on WB too! I always love following along with your projects. :kiss2:

Girl I am cracking up at the low colored diamond and terrible coworker story. “Maybe you could see her soul in it.” :lol::lol-2: I totally get what you mean with the low colored diamonds and them looking best in a complimentary gold color (rose or yellow) instead of white gold, and I agree. I’ve seen pics of the GH from the Chinese companies and they still look really white to me. Am I crazy? Maybe. Lol

I adore both of the rings you posted. That stack is to die for!!! Where is it from? I love everything about it. The bezels, the tiny halo band. So gorgeous! And that VC ring is stunning. My favorite ring belonged to a PSer and it was a light brown UV OEC in a yellow gold bezel with a white gold halo. It’s the most amazing ring I’ve ever seen and I’d love to have one someday as a RHR. I’ll definitely be ordering the stones first, so I can decide once I get them. I think if they’re slightly warm, the unplated white gold may still look ok. The IJ video I got from Tianyu still looks white to my crazy eyes. I know what sizes I want, but still not sure if I’ll be going with SG or Tianyu and GH or IJ. I’m always undecided on something! Really, whichever has a higher crown would be my pick, but I don’t think anyone has a H&A from both companies to compare.

I can’t wait to see your emerald ring! And I googled the Crazy Rich Asians ring and omg! Love it!!! I especially adore included emeralds so I’m anxious to see how it turns out.

Awwww, hey there! It all makes sense now. I was super confused by the last post since it was under an old username :lol: Glad to see you back on here and over on WB too! I always love following along with your projects. :kiss2:

Girl I am cracking up at the low colored diamond and terrible coworker story. “Maybe you could see her soul in it.” :lol::lol-2: I totally get what you mean with the low colored diamonds and them looking best in a complimentary gold color (rose or yellow) instead of white gold, and I agree. I’ve seen pics of the GH from the Chinese companies and they still look really white to me. Am I crazy? Maybe. Lol

I adore both of the rings you posted. That stack is to die for!!! Where is it from? I love everything about it. The bezels, the tiny halo band. So gorgeous! And that VC ring is stunning. My favorite ring belonged to a PSer and it was a light brown UV OEC in a yellow gold bezel with a white gold halo. It’s the most amazing ring I’ve ever seen and I’d love to have one someday as a RHR. I’ll definitely be ordering the stones first, so I can decide once I get them. I think if they’re slightly warm, the unplated white gold may still look ok. The IJ video I got from Tianyu still looks white to my crazy eyes. I know what sizes I want, but still not sure if I’ll be going with SG or Tianyu and GH or IJ. I’m always undecided on something! Really, whichever has a higher crown would be my pick, but I don’t think anyone has a H&A from both companies to compare.

I can’t wait to see your emerald ring! And I googled the Crazy Rich Asians ring and omg! Love it!!! I especially adore included emeralds so I’m anxious to see how it turns out.

The stack is by kasiajewelery on Instagram ! Their stuff is so good. My insta is on fire with gold jewellery at the moment it’s a killer. Once the green 3 stone moissy arrives and my ruby is picked up I am on a BAN for like 12 months.

Can SG custom cut a higher crown for you? Just show them the facet cutting you want I bet they can do it.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
The stack is by kasiajewelery on Instagram ! Their stuff is so good. My insta is on fire with gold jewellery at the moment it’s a killer. Once the green 3 stone moissy arrives and my ruby is picked up I am on a BAN for like 12 months.

Can SG custom cut a higher crown for you? Just show them the facet cutting you want I bet they can do it.

I love yellow gold but with my skin tone white just looks better. My unplated white gold idea is kind of a compromise since it’s a little bit warmer. The best of both world so to speak. I’m not sure how it would work with them cutting a higher crown. I’m afraid they’d totally screw it up and I’d be unhappy. I think I’m gonna get IJ stones from SG because the difference between their H&A and Tianyus is probably negligible and they’re like half the price. I’m considering having them just make the ring too. For $380 I don’t see how I can go wrong. Surely with everyone’s eyes we can make sure it turns out ok, right? :confused2:

I love yellow gold but with my skin tone white just looks better. My unplated white gold idea is kind of a compromise since it’s a little bit warmer. The best of both world so to speak. I’m not sure how it would work with them cutting a higher crown. I’m afraid they’d totally screw it up and I’d be unhappy. I think I’m gonna get IJ stones from SG because the difference between their H&A and Tianyus is probably negligible and they’re like half the price. I’m considering having them just make the ring too. For $380 I don’t see how I can go wrong. Surely with everyone’s eyes we can make sure it turns out ok, right? :confused2:

Hell yeah! I would. I have loved every design Starsgem have done for me. And if I haven’t it’s been my own fault. Green ring as perfect example. Lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results