carat
color
clarity

Your 5 CS pieces with the highest sentimental or emotional worth

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheating big time! I know...

My family stackers made of gold from my mother, grandmother and aunt. Got the green stone from my aunt. The colors are the colors of the birthcountry of my family.
6F09746A-0E64-454E-8213-D5AE93CADBC7.jpeg

The stackers that represent my family: husband and our two boys. The colours represent their characters. The rings are made by a young designer that had her bench near my house.
2785DCCD-A3D3-4DE7-B9CD-7435969B5220.jpeg

Learnt abouf french cuts via PS. And could not have selected this piece without @arkieb1 . She learnt me how to look at stones in a different way. Working with Leon Mege was really weird, but not unpleasant.
95B2A253-034E-448F-8974-F655396F4C65.jpeg

I was so excited to have found this sapphire in a chique estate jewelry store. It was a fun proces. I could not buy the ruby of my dreams but I was super happy to find my sapphire.
D8FCD1EF-D98F-42E3-9918-8BD97218E1E8.jpeg

My ‘I survived breast cancer rings’ are a tribute to my family and friends, but mainly a tribute to my husband and sons. I would not have been able to go through all the treatments without them.
E1E06F1F-BB2B-4B67-A878-7DDFDAEA8E56.jpeg

It was so much fun to do the rough to cut process along with other PSers! I enjoyed every aspect of it: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rhapsody-in-bespoke-gems-blues.213660/
0282934D-624C-4AA6-B43D-04E8AC21E352.jpeg

My first rough to cut project! A gorgeous stone from Gene. I was so excited to get a beautiful tourmaline from him, inspired by @sparkliesluver . And as always Victor Canera was a dream to work with
3BBEE709-55E2-4AF0-A7C0-184EE1FD0F08.jpeg

Looking forward to admire your pieces!!

KLC

Shiny_Rock
Screenshot_2019-02-05-14-38-08~4.png My sapphire and diamond E ring has the most sentimental value for me. Although my cell phone just can't capture it accurately. It's not big and flashy but I prefer daintier pieces and I wouldn't want to go much bigger personally. The sapphire is 6.18mm x 4.22mm and weighs 0.64ct. Set in white gold. First picture taken in full sun and the second was taken in dim lighting with a guard ring I was contemplating for it but decided against because I couldn't wear it working as a nurse.

Attachments

• received_446288845931490~3.jpeg
    received_446288845931490~3.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 31

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_2019-02-05-14-38-08~4.png My sapphire and diamond E ring has the most sentimental value for me. Although my cell phone just can't capture it accurately. It's not big and flashy but I prefer daintier pieces and I wouldn't want to go much bigger personally. The sapphire is 6.18mm x 4.22mm and weighs 0.64ct. Set in white gold. First picture taken in full sun and the second was taken in dim lighting with a guard ring I was contemplating for it but decided against because I couldn't wear it working as a nurse.
What a beautiful piece and what a stunning blue! I love that you have chosen a CS for your e-ring.
I also love it with the ring guard. Very elegant. Did you contemplate buying it and wearing it when you are not working?

Reactions: KLC

KLC

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful piece and what a stunning blue! I love that you have chosen a CS for your e-ring.
I also love it with the ring guard. Very elegant. Did you contemplate buying it and wearing it when you are not working?
I did but my jeweler said they would have to be soldered together to keep them from damaging each other by rubbing together. I would be heartbroken if I couldn't wear my sapphire on a daily basis. So I'm going to look for a guard ring without the open ends that could scratch my patients. And thank you for the compliment!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can truly feel how full of meaning these pieces hold for you, @Acinom . I love that you chose your pieces with so much life love and that they are symbolic on a deeper level. Those are the best pieces of jewelry.

@KLC, what an amazing ering and I love that ring guard. It’s amazing and cool!

For me, this Thread is a tough challenge but a great one. I need to think about i.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can truly feel how full of meaning these pieces hold for you, @Acinom . I love that you chose your pieces with so much life love and that they are symbolic on a deeper level. Those are the best pieces of jewelry.

@KLC, what an amazing ering and I love that ring guard. It’s amazing and cool!

For me, this Thread is a tough challenge but a great one. I need to think about i.
You have such a stunning collection to choose from. I can imagine it’s a tough choice.
Thank you for your kind words!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, I did not read the title properly, need to rethink and post later.
Sorry!
DK :oops2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second try!

My 1.67ct heart shaped Ruby, bought partly with money that was due to my late partner for decorating my house. We had 4 good years together, and he provided the missing fireworks that I sought. He was a great travelling companion too. I still miss him to this day and he died over 10 years ago from a canal boat accident.
I don't have a hand shot of this to hand as I seldom wear it as it is a bit too grand and sparkly for work wear.

bigrubyheart02.jpg

My mum's Ruby cabochon, I was there when she purchased it from a big mainland Chinese department store many years. She gave it to me about 15 years ago. Again, I seldom wear it as it has prongs and I do not wish to lose the centre stone like I did with another ring of hers during one drunken work rated event!

rubycluster_02.jpg

My concave cut Amethyst from Richard Homer, paid a lot for the stone, with money given to me for my 50th birthday towards the cost. The design is based on Theo Fennell's Bombe ring designs, with sky blue Topaz side stones cut by Doug Menadue. Again, I seldom wear it, DOH.

IMAG1844.jpg

My small heart shaped Ruby ring, made so that I could wear a heart shape Ruby on a daily basis to remind me of my late partner.

smallrubyring.jpg

Not a CS, however I am very fond of this Sea of Cortez mabe ring. The mabe was purchased from an eBay vendor many years ago, originally intended to be a pendant, however it is too small for my chunky neck and frame.
I met Douglas of Sea of Cortez fame at an annual pearl related event in LA in 2016, and he instantly recognised it as one of his.

socmabering_03s.jpg

DK :))

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely rings, and it’s such a beautiful story that you keep your partner close with the heart ruby rings. @dk168

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your beautiful rings and the stories behind these rings @dk168 . And what a beautiful way tp honor and remember your husband. These are pieces of love.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your beautiful rings and the stories behind these rings @dk168 . And what a beautiful way tp honor and remember your husband. These are pieces of love.

Thanks. My late partner and I were never married, and it did cause heartaches when he died without leaving a will. Hey ho, life is what it is. Onwards and upwards.

DK :))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great thread!

By and far the most sentimental piece I own is my Fiona pendant. It is a memorial piece for our beloved Shetland sheepdog that passed last year, the stone on the top is a spinel and then the heart-shaped moonstone below. She was born in June and passed in August which is why I went with spinel and moonstone. On top of being sentimental for that reason it was also a collaboration of sorts, the moonstone was gifted by Bron and the paperclip chain was a recent aquisition from another PS'er. So very special.

Next is this garnet pendant which we gifted my husband's grandmother and it made its way back to us when she went into a nursing home.

Finally this pink sapphire ring, originally it was in a platinum Art Deco setting but I found this new setting to reset it into. My mom's favorite color was pink and she passed when I was eight so I consider this my Evelyn ring because it reminds me so much of her. IMG_3066.JPG IMG_5084.JPG

IMG_5085.JPG IMG_5881.JPG IMG_5885.JPG

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful thread Acinom! I am so moved by all of these posts! Congratulations on beating breast cancer! Woohoo! I am soo happy and relieved!
I too will have to think about this more before I add any pieces.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great thread!

By and far the most sentimental piece I own is my Fiona pendant. It is a memorial piece for our beloved Shetland sheepdog that passed last year, the stone on the top is a spinel and then the heart-shaped moonstone below. She was born in June and passed in August which is why I went with spinel and moonstone. On top of being sentimental for that reason it was also a collaboration of sorts, the moonstone was gifted by Bron and the paperclip chain was a recent aquisition from another PS'er. So very special.

Next is this garnet pendant which we gifted my husband's grandmother and it made its way back to us when she went into a nursing home.

Finally this pink sapphire ring, originally it was in a platinum Art Deco setting but I found this new setting to reset it into. My mom's favorite color was pink and she passed when I was eight so I consider this my Evelyn ring because it reminds me so much of her. IMG_3066.JPG IMG_5084.JPG

IMG_5085.JPG IMG_5881.JPG IMG_5885.JPG
What a beautiful and meaningful pieces! Your pendant is stunning and I love it with your paperclip chain. What a great way to commemorate your dog

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful thread Acinom! I am so moved by all of these posts! Congratulations on beating breast cancer! Woohoo! I am soo happy and relieved!
I too will have to think about this more before I add any pieces.
Thank you for your sweet and thoughtful words! Looking forward to see what piece or pieces you pick

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

My family stackers made of gold from my mother, grandmother and aunt. Got the green stone from my aunt. The colors are the colors of the birthcountry of my family.

The stackers that represent my family: husband and our two boys. The colours represent their characters. The rings are made by a young designer that had her bench near my house.

Learnt abouf french cuts via PS. And could not have selected this piece without @arkieb1 . She learnt me how to look at stones in a different way. Working with Leon Mege was really weird, but not unpleasant.

I was so excited to have found this sapphire in a chique estate jewelry store. It was a fun proces. I could not buy the ruby of my dreams but I was super happy to find my sapphire.

My ‘I survived breast cancer rings’ are a tribute to my family and friends, but mainly a tribute to my husband and sons. I would not have been able to go through all the treatments without them.

It was so much fun to do the rough to cut process along with other PSers! I enjoyed every aspect of it: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rhapsody-in-bespoke-gems-blues.213660/

My first rough to cut project! A gorgeous stone from Gene. I was so excited to get a beautiful tourmaline from him, inspired by @sparkliesluver . And as always Victor Canera was a dream to work with

Oh my goodness your rings are gorgeous!!!!!!! And I can feel how much love is in each and every one of them.

I dragged your photos of the sapphire ring and also the ring with the light blue stone (aqua?) to my desktop "inspiration" file.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really just my engagement ring and my hot pink spinel ring.

My engagement ring for the obvious reasons - my husband and I picked it out together, it's the prettiest blue, and was my first "fancy" jewelry and launched me into PS and bling obsession. I haven't worn it all year because fuzz started catching under the prongs and the last time I noticed that happening the stone fell out shortly thereafter, so I've got to take it to have the prongs checked/tightened but I keep forgetting except on days when I don't have the time!
IMG_7030.jpg

My pink spinel ring because since I joined PS and saw @chrono's and Bright-Ice's hot pink spinel halos, they were top of my wishlist, the ONE piece I wanted above all else. I bought the stone fairly early on and got it set for my 30th birthday... and promptly stopped buying for basically three years because I was so fulfilled.
IMG_4076 copy.jpg IMG_4128.jpg

Since you said five...

My mint garnet ring. Love the stone, love the setting. This is another I have to have tightened before I can wear it again. I can hear the stone moving and I couldn't always.
img_4211.jpg

And idk that I have a SENTIMENTAL attachment to this, but I bought this ring for my birthday last year from NKOTB and I've been feeling the red so much lately I've worn it all year so far. It's always red but in some lighting it's INSANE.
IMG_7094.jpg
IMG_4400 (1).jpg

Ok... to round it out, I SAVED FROM THE TRASH a platinum and sapphire ring that belonged to my grandmother and her mother before her. When my grandmother's alzheimers got bad enough so she had to be moved to a memory ward, my mom and aunts went through the jewelry and sorted it into "fine, costume, and trash" so it could be distributed by the method my grandmother laid out. I just so happened to pop by to visit my grandmother that day and looked in the trash. Pulled out all the sparkly things to check that they were really trash and thank god I did. It was crusted with dirt and the shank was both very thin and bent, so I can see why it looked like junk. One of the sapphires is basically black and every now and then I think about getting it replaced to match the other one but ... idk, idk. I can't ever decide if they matched to start with and one is a later replacement, or if they were like this from the start and if the latter is the case I'd prefer to just leave it as-is. I don't ever wear it but I like to look at it.
photo__4__4.jpg
photo__3__7.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really just my engagement ring and my hot pink spinel ring.

My engagement ring for the obvious reasons - my husband and I picked it out together, it's the prettiest blue, and was my first "fancy" jewelry and launched me into PS and bling obsession. I haven't worn it all year because fuzz started catching under the prongs and the last time I noticed that happening the stone fell out shortly thereafter, so I've got to take it to have the prongs checked/tightened but I keep forgetting except on days when I don't have the time!
IMG_7030.jpg

My pink spinel ring because since I joined PS and saw @chrono's and Bright-Ice's hot pink spinel halos, they were top of my wishlist, the ONE piece I wanted above all else. I bought the stone fairly early on and got it set for my 30th birthday... and promptly stopped buying for basically three years because I was so fulfilled.
IMG_4076 copy.jpg IMG_4128.jpg

Since you said five...

My mint garnet ring. Love the stone, love the setting. This is another I have to have tightened before I can wear it again. I can hear the stone moving and I couldn't always.
img_4211.jpg

And idk that I have a SENTIMENTAL attachment to this, but I bought this ring for my birthday last year from NKOTB and I've been feeling the red so much lately I've worn it all year so far. It's always red but in some lighting it's INSANE.
IMG_7094.jpg
IMG_4400 (1).jpg

Ok... to round it out, I SAVED FROM THE TRASH a platinum and sapphire ring that belonged to my grandmother and her mother before her. When my grandmother's alzheimers got bad enough so she had to be moved to a memory ward, my mom and aunts went through the jewelry and sorted it into "fine, costume, and trash" so it could be distributed by the method my grandmother laid out. I just so happened to pop by to visit my grandmother that day and looked in the trash. Pulled out all the sparkly things to check that they were really trash and thank god I did. It was crusted with dirt and the shank was both very thin and bent, so I can see why it looked like junk. One of the sapphires is basically black and every now and then I think about getting it replaced to match the other one but ... idk, idk. I can't ever decide if they matched to start with and one is a later replacement, or if they were like this from the start and if the latter is the case I'd prefer to just leave it as-is. I don't ever wear it but I like to look at it.
photo__4__4.jpg
photo__3__7.jpg
Wow! Thanks for sharing your stunning collection. Beautiful pieces and beautiful stories. And that red is indeed stunning. Beautiful glow

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness your rings are gorgeous!!!!!!! And I can feel how much love is in each and every one of them.

I dragged your photos of the sapphire ring and also the ring with the light blue stone (aqua?) to my desktop "inspiration" file.
Aww, thank you for your kind words.
The light blue is a natural blue opal.

Would love to see your pieces!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

i remember some of those rings from before :kiss2:
you must have such a lovelly wounderful close and loving family and you must all love each other very much
i hope your doing ok

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
never mind the rings

we need tissues on this thread
and maybe a cup of tea

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not per se your most beautiful pieces, yet the pieces that mean the most for you. The pieces that have the highest sentimental or emotional value. Wanna play?

I only have one piece really that means a lot to me and you can guess what that piece is. The Cartier Black Opal ring my parents gave me years ago. It was the ring my dad bought for my mom at the fifth avenue in Manhattan Cartier store in 1972. He insisted on buying it for her despite her protests as it was a lot of money for them. But it was and is a breathtaking ring and my dad fell in love with it at first sight and my mom came around haha. Anyway fast forward decades later and they wanted me to have it as they couldn't afford to insure it and my mom was no longer wearing it. So I accepted as I had always drooled over that ring and I cherish it. To me it represents the true love my parents share for each other and by extension for their family. My parents have been married for 55 (56 in December) years and have a wonderful relationship. Always there for each other through it all and well we all know how challenging life can be. Anyway this ring represents their true love and is my most sentimental piece of jewelry.

Photos do not do it justice.
(No editing short of cropping was done to this photo).
cartierblackopalnov2018.jpg.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only have one piece really that means a lot to me and you can guess what that piece is. The Cartier Black Opal ring my parents gave me years ago. It was the ring my dad bought for my mom at the fifth avenue in Manhattan Cartier store in 1972. He insisted on buying it for her despite her protests as it was a lot of money for them. But it was and is a breathtaking ring and my dad fell in love with it at first sight and my mom came around haha. Anyway fast forward decades later and they wanted me to have it as they couldn't afford to insure it and my mom was no longer wearing it. So I accepted as I had always drooled over that ring and I cherish it. To me it represents the true love my parents share for each other and by extension for their family. My parents have been married for 55 (56 in December) years and have a wonderful relationship. Always there for each other through it all and well we all know how challenging life can be. Anyway this ring represents their true love and is my most sentimental piece of jewelry.

its beautiful
but i can't help but also feel mad at the insurance company

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
its beautiful
but i can't help but also feel mad at the insurance company

Thank you Daisy. It's not the insurance company's fault per se. (And if we are talking insurance companies let's talk about health insurance companies...they are shameful but I digress. Will just say that IMO health insurance and health care is a right not a privilege whereas jewelry is a privilege and not a right if that makes sene).

I mean the jewelry insurance companies are in it to make money and cannot survive if they lose money. We cannot afford to insure it either but my parents said to wear and enjoy it. So I am and I do but it is locked in a safe much of the time as I do not wear a lot of jewelry. But I still look at it and admire it and enjoy it even when I am not wearing it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Daisy. It's not the insurance company's fault per se. (And if we are talking insurance companies let's talk about health insurance companies...they are shameful but I digress. Will just say that IMO health insurance and health care is a right not a privilege whereas jewelry is a privilege and not a right if that makes sene).

I mean the jewelry insurance companies are in it to make money and cannot survive if they lose money. We cannot afford to insure it either but my parents said to wear and enjoy it. So I am and I do but it is locked in a safe much of the time as I do not wear a lot of jewelry. But I still look at it and admire it and enjoy it even when I am not wearing it.
my jewlery isnt insured properly, not that i have any truly spectacular pieces, but i have things i could never afford to replace plus mum's rings
i just have house hold contents insurence
in NZ we are being completly done over my the insurence companies due to earthquakes and now climate change
for all those years they take one's money hand over fist and between them all they have completly mishandled the Christchurch rebuild
then after dreadful hurrican Sandy in NJ the insurence company's insureres (i forget what they are called) just keep hiking up the premiums
now they wont insure new customers in the Wellington region- the capital of nz
i could rant and rave all night but your Oliver needs a cuddle
im so glad we have universal hospital care here and im so sad your country does not
- that's about the only criticism i ever make towards America, because everyone gets sick
its not fare an older lady like your mum has to choose between heath insurence or other types of insurence

mind you she knows her opal is in good hands and they must both be happy you enjoy it so much

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stunning!! I always enjoy looking at your beautiful ring. And such a beautiful love story behind it. I hope you will wear it more. It deserves to be loved. Thanks for sharing!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

To call that ring beautiful would be an understatement. No words can adequately describe how gorgeous it is, but that lovely story of your parents love for one another is even more special.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Aww, thank you for your kind words.
The light blue is a natural blue opal.

Would love to see your pieces!

I would love to show them! I've never photographed my jewelry before, but it will be fun giving it a try.

I'm abroad this summer for work, so I don't have anything with me but a simple gold wedding ring. (I feel so bling-less its killing me!) But I promise to take & post some pics when I get back home to the States this fall.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results