• Start date

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy. He resembles his dad.

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 9.39.05 AM.png

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
59F22904-47DD-4673-AE4B-FF1EFC53A4D8.jpeg My baby Noah with his personal rickshaw driver, aka hubby, aka “the one who said he didn’t want a pet”. He loves this pup so much he build a front basket puppy carrier for his bike, and when Noah outgrew the basket, he bought this used trailer! Noah's personal carriage is for trips to the dog park.

Edited to add, we sure have some pampered pets in this thread!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oliver showing off his baby teeth. Fierce.:o

olivershowingoffbabyteeth.png

That tongue. :cheeky:

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 5.11.40 AM.png
First let's see how far we can stretch it on one side of the face
Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 5.11.48 AM.png
Not bad, let's see if we can stretch it any further on the other side.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 5.12.00 AM.png
Hmm how far down can my tongue go?

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 5.12.07 AM.png
Lol not done with the tongue workout yet.

He's a lover not a fighter. He gives pretty wet kisses right now. A combo of yuck and delicious. :lol:
Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 5.13.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 5.18.29 AM.png

Though he is chasing all the other cats around the house right now trying to engage them in play. I hope they make friends with Oliver because no one seems to excited to engage with him but it could be because he is chasing them all around. Funniest thing to see. A little 3.5 lb kitty chasing around cats 3-4 times his weight and size. :twirl:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy so glad to see his eye is getting better! What a cute cuddle bug.

Hahaha he is convinced he’s a dog. We don’t have the heart to tell him otherwise. We just make sure there are no mirrors in the yard so he doesn’t get a fright!! :lol-2::P2
That’s hilarious! Do they all get along well?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Violet. Our beach house is located at the Jersey Shore. It really is lovely here. We have been here since mid May and not sure when I am going back to NYC. We take the kitties with us in their carriers. When Francesca was alive I would have her sit on my lap the entire trip or else she would get car sick. She loved sitting on my lap. And I loved it too. She was such a good girl.

Here she is during one of our trips to the beach. You can see her pink carrier on the floor.

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 2.53.37 PM.png

Beautiful girl :love: - I know you miss her. Does the new baby help the pain a little? I've always found that the only thing that makes it less painful is a new one - perhaps that's avoidance, but it works for me. The new guy looks much better with his eye!

Where are you on the Jersey Shore? My in-laws have a home in Ocean City, and we take the ferry from DE to NJ several times a summer to visit them.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Atticus tired after playing fetch. At one point, he took the catnip stuffed cigar out on the patio, soaked it in the pool, and brought it back sopping wet for me to continue throwing it.

Tired.jpg Atticus carrying cigar 5-16-2019.jpg

Those animals are stunning :love::love::love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks JPie. His ulcer is healed thank goodness. His cornea is cloudy right now and has a (maybe temporary) scar. We will only know in the next few months if it will clear. But other than that he is a happy little camper and not even aware as far as we can tell about his eye.

Beautiful girl :love: - I know you miss her. Does the new baby help the pain a little? I've always found that the only thing that makes it less painful is a new one - perhaps that's avoidance, but it works for me. The new guy looks much better with his eye!

Where are you on the Jersey Shore? My in-laws have a home in Ocean City, and we take the ferry from DE to NJ several times a summer to visit them.

I want to say it does but right now I am missing Francesca so much it doesn't help with the pain. I think it is helping my dh though and that is good enough for me. I miss her so and it just hurts my heart and every part of my body thinking about her. I have lost furbabies before and it is always painful but I think this pain is compounded by the fact she was just 10 and not sick before this besides asthma. We thought we had many years left with her and then one day she got sick and we got the large cell lymphoma diagnosis and she was gone in 7 days. We started chemo with Elspar and pred and chlorambucil but it didn't help as her cancer was too invasive and aggressive and was in the proximal duodenum. A very bad spot and surgery was not possible. I am sure in time I will be able to remember her with more joy than pain but for now pain rules my days and nights. I am not sad for me but sad for her because she deserved more time on earth to be loved and adored and cherished. I mean yes I am sad for us because she is no longer in our lives but I am much more sad for her that she was deprived of a nice long life.:cry2: Thanks for asking Violet. I know you get it.

We are in Monmouth county. Just a little over an hour from our home in Brooklyn if there is no traffic. Big if lol. But it is very convenient for us and we are 40 minutes by ferry from Manhattan. One of the primary reasons we chose this location. We used to have a house in Sea Girt but it was further from the city. This is an easier location for everything. How nice your in-laws have a home in Ocean City. It must be beautiful there and it is super convenient to just take a ferry.

Just gave him round 2 of the daily drops and lol there he is with that tongue again. :lol:

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 11.43.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 11.43.44 AM.png

We just fed him after drops so I guess that is why he is grooming himself. :P2

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 11.43.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 11.43.53 AM.png
    506.5 KB · Views: 37

AntiqueSparkle

Shiny_Rock

That’s hilarious! Do they all get along well?

They do! I think it helps that I bottle raised the goat and they all grew up together. Now they play and run together in my yard. It's like a petting zoo over here lol.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to say it does but right now I am missing Francesca so much it doesn't help with the pain. I think it is helping my dh though and that is good enough for me. I miss her so and it just hurts my heart and every part of my body thinking about her. I have lost furbabies before and it is always painful but I think this pain is compounded by the fact she was just 10 and not sick before this besides asthma. We thought we had many years left with her and then one day she got sick and we got the large cell lymphoma diagnosis and she was gone in 7 days. We started chemo with Elspar and pred and chlorambucil but it didn't help as her cancer was too invasive and aggressive and was in the proximal duodenum. A very bad spot and surgery was not possible. I am sure in time I will be able to remember her with more joy than pain but for now pain rules my days and nights. I am not sad for me but sad for her because she deserved more time on earth to be loved and adored and cherished. I mean yes I am sad for us because she is no longer in our lives but I am much more sad for her that she was deprived of a nice long life.:cry2: Thanks for asking Violet. I know you get it.

I sure do. My last baby died really suddenly - as in I took him to the vet, and he died in my lap waiting for lasix to be prepared for him in the back. I left without him, and I think I was in shock for a month. At about 2-3 months, some of that started to be more bearable. Sending you the biggest hugs across the ocean from DE to NJ :kiss2:

New little angel looks like a character - love his markings!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sure do. My last baby died really suddenly - as in I took him to the vet, and he died in my lap waiting for lasix to be prepared for him in the back. I left without him, and I think I was in shock for a month. At about 2-3 months, some of that started to be more bearable. Sending you the biggest hugs across the ocean from DE to NJ :kiss2:

New little angel looks like a character - love his markings!!!

I am so very sorry Violet. There are no words. What a shock and what a tragic loss. :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Thank you for your hugs and sending you big hugs from me and my furry crew to you and your furry crew. (((Hugs)))

And you are so right. Oliver is a character. A real rascal. He's chasing all of our other cats and it is hysterical. I mean he weighs just 3.5lbs and Bobby weighs 16lbs. But is running away from Oliver as they all are. I feel bad for Oliver and hope they bond with him. The problem is he's a baby and they are older so not sure how this is going to go down...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
59F22904-47DD-4673-AE4B-FF1EFC53A4D8.jpeg My baby Noah with his personal rickshaw driver, aka hubby, aka “the one who said he didn’t want a pet”. He loves this pup so much he build a front basket puppy carrier for his bike, and when Noah outgrew the basket, he bought this used trailer! Noah's personal carriage is for trips to the dog park.

Aw this is so cute! :kiss2:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy it’s great that he’s not in any discomfort!

They do! I think it helps that I bottle raised the goat and they all grew up together. Now they play and run together in my yard. It's like a petting zoo over here lol.
We’re going to need more photos, you know. :lol-2:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so very sorry Violet. There are no words. What a shock and what a tragic loss. :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Thank you for your hugs and sending you big hugs from me and my furry crew to you and your furry crew. (((Hugs)))

And you are so right. Oliver is a character. A real rascal. He's chasing all of our other cats and it is hysterical. I mean he weighs just 3.5lbs and Bobby weighs 16lbs. But is running away from Oliver as they all are. I feel bad for Oliver and hope they bond with him. The problem is he's a baby and they are older so not sure how this is going to go down...

They'll learn to love him! My Rhonda girl HATES when I bring a new dog in here - I mean HATES it. She's an absolute bitch for several weeks, telling everyone "NO" to everything they try to do :lol-2:. But then she settles down and she loves having her littles to follow her around all over the place. She's actually gotten more relaxed (as well as she can - super high anxiety) since Nikki has joined our pack.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Took my big girl for a physical at UPenn Veterinary Hospital on Tuesday - for those who don't know, my Rhonda has an autoimmune form of meningitis (Meningoencephilitis technically). She was really sick 2 years ago, and was paralyzed from her illness in all 4 legs - her white blood cell count should have been under 5 and was over 400. We rushed her to Penn, where she had to have chemotherapy, huge amounts of steroids, and antibiotics to help her recover. We are now maintaining her illness with immuno-suppressive therapy every other day.

We drive about 2.5 hours to get to Penn Vet, and believe me, the drive is SO worth it. That hospital is just unbelievable - she has her own neurologist, and the team of vets there are so knowledgeable and kind. This checkup was a neurological workup, and the vet said she looks as good as she possibly could for having been so ill in 2017 - he said based on her MRI from that year, her infection was about as bad as it gets. I asked how long she could live with this disease, and he said she was doing so well, it might be something else entirely that takes her out in her older age - I was extremely encouraged by this news. She is 8.5 years old now, and got sick at 6 - when we saved her, I asked her to please live to 10 for us, and she's doing her best! My girl is a warrior and we are very grateful to be near such an amazing hospital :appl:

Here we are in total gridlock Philly traffic (it took over an hour to get out of that darn city), and we couldn't care less , because we were both so happy! We stopped and had celebratory french fries from McDonalds on our drive home (one for me, one for her, one for me, one for her):lol:

67063536_10219665313611812_615476093486366720_o.jpg

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The fur babies
Oh my goodness, I needed that dose of ultra cuteness today. Thank you for posting those pics. I love goats. Goats and pooches together = :kiss2:

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

OMG, this may be one of the cutest things I've ever seen in my life. :love:

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Took my big girl for a physical at UPenn Veterinary Hospital on Tuesday - for those who don't know, my Rhonda has an autoimmune form of meningitis (Meningoencephilitis technically). She was really sick 2 years ago, and was paralyzed from her illness in all 4 legs - her white blood cell count should have been under 5 and was over 400. We rushed her to Penn, where she had to have chemotherapy, huge amounts of steroids, and antibiotics to help her recover. We are now maintaining her illness with immuno-suppressive therapy every other day.

We drive about 2.5 hours to get to Penn Vet, and believe me, the drive is SO worth it. That hospital is just unbelievable - she has her own neurologist, and the team of vets there are so knowledgeable and kind. This checkup was a neurological workup, and the vet said she looks as good as she possibly could for having been so ill in 2017 - he said based on her MRI from that year, her infection was about as bad as it gets. I asked how long she could live with this disease, and he said she was doing so well, it might be something else entirely that takes her out in her older age - I was extremely encouraged by this news. She is 8.5 years old now, and got sick at 6 - when we saved her, I asked her to please live to 10 for us, and she's doing her best! My girl is a warrior and we are very grateful to be near such an amazing hospital :appl:

Here we are in total gridlock Philly traffic (it took over an hour to get out of that darn city), and we couldn't care less , because we were both so happy! We stopped and had celebratory french fries from McDonalds on our drive home (one for me, one for her, one for me, one for her):lol:

Look at those two beautiful ladies! So glad you got good news for your girl.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

a couple of beauties......

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

Here is the first contraption that hubby rigged up to take Noah on rides on......look at Noah's scared face. He outgrew that before the project was even complete (thank GOD)! puppybasket2.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the first contraption that hubby rigged up to take Noah on rides on......look at Noah's scared face. He outgrew that before the project was even complete (thank GOD)! puppybasket2.jpg

OMG, look at his little face! He's like.....um......no thank you. :lol-2:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at those two beautiful ladies! So glad you got good news for your girl.

a couple of beauties......

Thanks Ladies! She's the prettiest girl - very unusual looking so people stare at her a lot (sometimes in admiration, and sometimes in fear :lol-2:). It's such a tricky disease, because she cannot feel certain parts of her body (i.e. when she has to potty), so I have to be SUPER diligent with her to make sure she has a lot of times outside to try to go potty. Some days are good, and some days are bad, but I sure am glad she's still around!

P.S. @jaysonsmom a friend of mine said to me yesterday, "just promise me you won't get your dog a stroller." And I said "I can promise no such thing. If the dog wants a ride, I'll find a way to get her a ride!"

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wonderful news! Yay! And yes I agree. We traveled 3 hours each way four round trips in one week when Francesca got ill. Sadly it didn't save her but we would do it all over again. Sending bucketloads of healing dust for your sweet girl.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Ladies! She's the prettiest girl - very unusual looking so people stare at her a lot (sometimes in admiration, and sometimes in fear :lol-2:). It's such a tricky disease, because she cannot feel certain parts of her body (i.e. when she has to potty), so I have to be SUPER diligent with her to make sure she has a lot of times outside to try to go potty. Some days are good, and some days are bad, but I sure am glad she's still around!

P.S. @jaysonsmom a friend of mine said to me yesterday, "just promise me you won't get your dog a stroller." And I said "I can promise no such thing. If the dog wants a ride, I'll find a way to get her a ride!"

Yes if she wants/needs a stroller of course you have to get it for her. Nothing wrong with a stroller for your sweet girl. She deserves whatever she wants.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results