shape
carat
color
clarity

7 new rings and a panda

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok last set of pics for now... until I can post about the panda...

Burmese purple jadeite cab ring 1.5 x 1.35 x 0.7 cm, in 18K 0.215 ct setting from the vendor

Vendor pics:
23EE5FE9-B731-4CA8-840B-15A228019B51.jpeg BCDEAA69-56DA-41A7-BC09-F6A4A2FF1ADA.jpeg

My pics:
E967BF6A-70EF-49B0-A19A-8B8F10B3BF0C.jpeg 77788313-7431-47F0-B676-D00294B146AE.jpeg 9B201275-CB1A-496B-BE03-27E088DF3432.jpeg

Love the purple-ness and super high dome. Halo is rather plain but ok for the price I can live with it. ::)

And that kinda concludes the new rings for now. Which is your favorite? I had them all displayed on my bathroom counter for a few days and honestly they are so colorful I really feel quite happy just looking at them. :kiss2:

Hope you enjoyed looking at the pics too. =)2
That is just a glorious color for lavender jadeite. Type A cabs with that deep a color are few and far between, I've seen nothing like it in the US market. Do you mind sharing where you got the stone?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
ha! I woud LOVE a huge yellow diamond, but I just upgraded by engagement ring from 1.66 to 2.95 ACA MRB, THAT is it for me. I would like a yellow sapphire and maybe once my hubster gets over his WTF on what we paid for the new diamond :) then I will press on for a yellow stone.

Again, your rings are beautiful, I love the NEON zircon, I'm a Dec bday girl and bue zircon is my birthstone and yours is PERFECT.

:love::love:

Ah. I had a bit of that dilemma too. One single diamond upgrade or multiple CS. In the end I figured having multiple CS is more fun.

Zircon is a great birthstone. So many colors. While waiting for a yellow sapphire, maybe you can get a yellow zircon?

Wow all are so pretty, the spinel I think was a LT find? I saw it too late as it was already sold and was so bummed but glad a PS'er got it. If your ever decide to part with it let me know :P2

Yes is from LT. :)
Will do if I ever want to sell.

Beautiful collection!! You did a great job picking out settings for the stones. I can’t pick a fav as I am partial to blues and tourmalines, and the spinel is small but mighty. Like you, I would wear them all!

Thank you!

How exciting! My faves are the zircon ( the shape is fab, too) and the tourmaline is stunning :cheeky:! I favor blue gems myself. I bet it was thrilling to have so many new items at once!

It is thrilling. A little painful as well. Lol.

Yay!! What a beautiful and impressive addition to your collection. Your new rings are absolutely stunning. My personal favourite is the zircon. Stunning Stones and settings. I like!!!

Thank you!

They are all stunning!
My 2 favorites are the parti-colored tourmaline and the purple jade.
That high domed cab is luscious!!!!:love:

Thank you!

I love love love the Peruvian opal (that color!) And the large yellow tourmaline is amazing as well. Those are my top 2, but it's hard to choose bc all are great!

Thank you!

Such beautiful colors and fun rings! I could dive right into some of those blue stones. Definitely the Caribbean colors!
Love the yellow in the flower ring. Reminds me of a sunflower! Enjoy your new rings!

Thank you!

That is just a glorious color for lavender jadeite. Type A cabs with that deep a color are few and far between, I've seen nothing like it in the US market. Do you mind sharing where you got the stone?

I got it from Kathyjade. What exactly are you looking for? If you can’t read chinese the site can be hard to navigate. I can help you look if you want.

This is actually my third purple jadeite from Kathy. Here are the others:
C026F271-1F39-482E-9742-B52D2D993999.jpeg

Their purple pics can be a bit off so need to be careful. Like the two purple cabs are fairly similar in color, but with the ring it was photographed as quite light and the pendant as quite dark.

The purple cab ring qualified for the less than $1250 thread on CS. :) I got it during their weekly specials. Kathy also has an annual anniversary sale at year end where all items go for 20% off. Like I said, let me know what you want and I can help you look.

Vendor pic of the purple cab pendant:
1E88C4FF-B5B4-4A86-8AAC-93836D71C7FB.jpeg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So interesting that everyone have different favorites. Should have added voting buttons!

Anyway my fave (along with another PS-er who saw all of them irl and my jeweller and a HK casings person) is the indicolite.

Second is the Peruvian opal - this could have been top if there were no inclusions on the stone I think.

Third is the yellow tourmaline and parti tourmaline simply because my kids like them the most. :P2

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favourite is the parti tourmaline and then the indicolite ring.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! It is isn’t it? What a glorious color.

Thank you! Suddenly my CS ring collection doubled and became really colorful. Am still missing a few key colors but ok now when I open my ring drawer I can really match most outfits. =)2

Love that. I am living vicariously through you. As much as I adore colored gems and jewelry I find myself rarely wearing anything. Especially in summer. I cannot take the heat so bling is even more minimal now. Don't tell anyone :shhh: but sometimes I leave the house without even a ring on my hand. :oops2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll start with the opal since I just wore it yesterday and already have pics. It’s a 4.86 ct Peruvian blue opal (10x12x6mm) that I got from a fellow PS-er (@marymm) earlier this year. When I put the opal in the current setting, it was like a ‘woah’ moment. Love them both individually and even more together.

Posted the ring earlier in the CS forum and was told it’s caribbean blue. Before that was struggling in the color and my colleague and I thought Tiffany blue hence this pic:
5FE78BA3-5204-469B-860B-54A9AEB10BCA.jpeg

And then I looked up Caribbean blue as well:
22A24BC0-2116-43FA-AB1A-FFADDA75E6C8.jpeg

On the hand
FE7D9AFF-9EC1-4BE7-8F9F-97451941EF89.jpeg

It looks darker and less opaque out of the sun. Same position but varying amounts of natural light:
FB333082-EAFC-4850-B191-14EA166E551B.jpeg

Your Peruvian Blue opal is my favorite.:kiss2:

This purple jadeite cab is my second favorite.:love:

Ok last set of pics for now... until I can post about the panda...

Burmese purple jadeite cab ring 1.5 x 1.35 x 0.7 cm, in 18K 0.215 ct setting from the vendor

Vendor pics:
23EE5FE9-B731-4CA8-840B-15A228019B51.jpeg BCDEAA69-56DA-41A7-BC09-F6A4A2FF1ADA.jpeg

My pics:
E967BF6A-70EF-49B0-A19A-8B8F10B3BF0C.jpeg 77788313-7431-47F0-B676-D00294B146AE.jpeg 9B201275-CB1A-496B-BE03-27E088DF3432.jpeg

Love the purple-ness and super high dome. Halo is rather plain but ok for the price I can live with it. ::)

And that kinda concludes the new rings for now. Which is your favorite? I had them all displayed on my bathroom counter for a few days and honestly they are so colorful I really feel quite happy just looking at them. :kiss2:

Hope you enjoyed looking at the pics too. =)2

But I LOVE your entire collection. Every single piece. :kiss2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, beautiful rings, but I HAVE to ask where is the panda?

And it's interesting because when each PSer looks at your new rings every single one of us either sees or likes and notices an entirely different ring the best, me, all I see first up is the Burma spinel, then the blues, then that really cool flower setting which I really like, then everything else. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
My favourite is the parti tourmaline and then the indicolite ring.

The rainbow ring. :)
Definitely looking out for more parti tourmalines for my daughter.

Love that. I am living vicariously through you. As much as I adore colored gems and jewelry I find myself rarely wearing anything. Especially in summer. I cannot take the heat so bling is even more minimal now. Don't tell anyone :shhh: but sometimes I leave the house without even a ring on my hand. :oops2:

:-o

I’m happy to take care of Bubbalah or any of your collection for you hahahah

In Singapore it’s forever hot so I’m quite used to the heat except for wearing necklaces... rings and earrings are fine and I almost always wear a jade bangle 24/7. :)

Thank you! Do you generally like cabochons? My jeweller mentioned it’s quite rare for his lady customers to like cabs as most of them prefer faceted gems.

Congrats, beautiful rings, but I HAVE to ask where is the panda?

And it's interesting because when each PSer looks at your new rings every single one of us either sees or likes and notices an entirely different ring the best, me, all I see first up is the Burma spinel, then the blues, then that really cool flower setting which I really like, then everything else. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hahaha it’s finally on it's way to me, fingers crossed and will post when I get it.

Yes really interesting that everyone goes for different stuff. I guess we all have our fav color/shapes? I’m usually a ‘cool’ color person so I’ve way more cool toned gems than warmer ones like reds, yellows, orange, etc.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok posting my new diamond earring jackets while I’m at it.

Love the intricate almost lacy design...
EAAF1A4A-6078-46DE-9F3A-5A6492896DF3.jpeg

Since they are at an angle when worn, I usually see something like this which I really like vs a plain jacket that I have
2BF8E966-69E1-4DF8-9295-5332693E650E.jpeg

And visually so much bigger hahahahaha. I did mention that I love halos right?
54005F42-ED53-4440-AF53-093342AA687A.jpeg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
@icy_jade Love your new additions!!!
May I know who you're using in Singapore? I'm on the lookout for a good jeweller to work with.

Thanks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Do you generally like cabochons? My jeweller mentioned it’s quite rare for his lady customers to like cabs as most of them prefer faceted gems.

I generally prefer faceted gems but those cabochons of yours speak to me. The colors you chose are just gorgeous.

I’m happy to take care of Bubbalah or any of your collection for you hahahah

Haha OK you're on...anytime you are visiting here let me know and we can swap for a day. I wouldn't hate wearing your amazbling colored gemstones.8)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade Love your new additions!!!
May I know who you're using in Singapore? I'm on the lookout for a good jeweller to work with.

Thanks.

Sure I work with:
- Asiatique (based in Lucky Plaza, B1) - if you go pls show Wriston my rings and let him know who recommended you. He mentioned that he mostly gets referrals rather than walk ins. The recent rings are using ready made settings but I’ve also customized a convertible ring/pendant with him before.
- All About Jade/Shuang Hua (Smith Street) - pls show Xiaojun my bangles if you go and she will know who. I’m currently working on a customized pair of earrings and customized bracelet with her.
9DE2D7DB-96C6-407F-9E06-4FF0F313112E.jpeg

I only started using them to custom/set stones after I’ve known them for a while so not sure if they will set stones if you are new to them. You know how there is always some risks involved. But if you get gems from them they can definitely custom or find ready made settings for you.

Just make sure you specify what type of claws you want before hand. Most jewelers here seem to go for the stubby ones unless you ask for the sharp claws. Of course if you don’t mind that’s fine as well. :P2

I generally prefer faceted gems but those cabochons of yours speak to me. The colors you chose are just gorgeous.

Haha OK you're on...anytime you are visiting here let me know and we can swap for a day. I wouldn't hate wearing your amazbling colored gemstones.8)

Haha ok same swap applies if you visit here. :mrgreen2:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful collection!!! Thanks for sharing.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have some beautiful pieces, @icy_jade! I love them all but the color of the Peruvian opal is my favorite. They are all wonderful though. I love to buy pre made rings for the same reason. No dithering in my mind about whether it is just right or not, I either love it or I don’t. Easy Peasy and no overthinking and questioning my choices. What a great collection! Thanks for sharing all of them. Love the earring jackets too!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got it from Kathyjade. What exactly are you looking for? If you can’t read chinese the site can be hard to navigate. I can help you look if you want.

This is actually my third purple jadeite from Kathy. Here are the others:
C026F271-1F39-482E-9742-B52D2D993999.jpeg

Their purple pics can be a bit off so need to be careful. Like the two purple cabs are fairly similar in color, but with the ring it was photographed as quite light and the pendant as quite dark.

The purple cab ring qualified for the less than $1250 thread on CS. :) I got it during their weekly specials. Kathy also has an annual anniversary sale at year end where all items go for 20% off. Like I said, let me know what you want and I can help you look.

Vendor pic of the purple cab pendant:
1E88C4FF-B5B4-4A86-8AAC-93836D71C7FB.jpeg
Thank you so much icy, you have three extraordinarily beautiful cabs. Lots of really high quality jade on the Kathy Jade site, although not too many lavender jade cabs at the moment. The site is difficult to navigate but there are enough clues in English that I think I figured it out. I did find the link to their eBay store KOOJADE, this store only has about 1,600 of the 2,800 pieces on Kathy but the shipping to the USA issue is solved. The only problem is the prices are about 20% higher than Kathy. Fortunately eBay have the "Best Offer" button, so that would definitely come into play. ;))

Also thanks for the tip on the 20% off sales, for sure that would be the time to pounce! =)2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pieces!

And those jackets are hugely clever and very lovely!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are making me want ALL the cabs! So gorgeous!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful collection!!! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!

You have some beautiful pieces, @icy_jade! I love them all but the color of the Peruvian opal is my favorite. They are all wonderful though. I love to buy pre made rings for the same reason. No dithering in my mind about whether it is just right or not, I either love it or I don’t. Easy Peasy and no overthinking and questioning my choices. What a great collection! Thanks for sharing all of them. Love the earring jackets too!

Yes exactly. Plus I think the ready made settings can have such nice halos. I am not creative enough to think them all up. And no point spending another 30-40% on settings if all I can think up is some boring halo. Sometimes there is no choice though. Like for some of my oddly sized or bigger stones, there is simply no ready made settings available. Does make me more careful when buying gems now.

Thank you so much icy, you have three extraordinarily beautiful cabs. Lots of really high quality jade on the Kathy Jade site, although not too many lavender jade cabs at the moment. The site is difficult to navigate but there are enough clues in English that I think I figured it out. I did find the link to their eBay store KOOJADE, this store only has about 1,600 of the 2,800 pieces on Kathy but the shipping to the USA issue is solved. The only problem is the prices are about 20% higher than Kathy. Fortunately eBay have the "Best Offer" button, so that would definitely come into play. ;))

Also thanks for the tip on the 20% off sales, for sure that would be the time to pounce! =)2

There are a few when I looked but some are pricey... I do like the slab of lavender jade but I’m done with purple pendants for now...

Here you go... purples

Have you tried the FB jade store the others on PS buy from?

Gorgeous pieces!

And those jackets are hugely clever and very lovely!

Thank you! Love the earring jackets. Stops me from wanting to upgrade my studs so they are a value buy from that perspective. :P2

Go get some! Happy to enable if you need more encouragement hahahahaha. :lol:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There are a few when I looked but some are pricey... I do like the slab of lavender jade but I’m done with purple pendants for now...

Here you go... purples

Have you tried the FB jade store the others on PS buy from?
Icy thanks for the purples sort link, that will save me a lot of time! The slab is nice but my immediate goal is a pendant sized lavender cab with fabulously deep color.

The others have left FB far behind and are doing live stream chat in Chinese with vendors who deal directly with the miners. They get great deals, but I'm way too old and slow for that!! :eek2: @ChaiK or @mellowyellowgirl could tell you all about it.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Sure I work with:
- Asiatique (based in Lucky Plaza, B1) - if you go pls show Wriston my rings and let him know who recommended you. He mentioned that he mostly gets referrals rather than walk ins. The recent rings are using ready made settings but I’ve also customized a convertible ring/pendant with him before.
- All About Jade/Shuang Hua (Smith Street) - pls show Xiaojun my bangles if you go and she will know who. I’m currently working on a customized pair of earrings and customized bracelet with her.
9DE2D7DB-96C6-407F-9E06-4FF0F313112E.jpeg

I only started using them to custom/set stones after I’ve known them for a while so not sure if they will set stones if you are new to them. You know how there is always some risks involved. But if you get gems from them they can definitely custom or find ready made settings for you.

Just make sure you specify what type of claws you want before hand. Most jewelers here seem to go for the stubby ones unless you ask for the sharp claws. Of course if you don’t mind that’s fine as well. :P2

Haha ok same swap applies if you visit here. :mrgreen2:

@icy_jade Thank you so much!!!!! I've been looking for a good jeweller since I came back from India. I was spoilt by choice and prices there.

Would you be comfortable sharing the price range of the ready-made settings so I get an idea? Only if it's convenient. Thanks again.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Icy thanks for the purples sort link, that will save me a lot of time! The slab is nice but my immediate goal is a pendant sized lavender cab with fabulously deep color.

The others have left FB far behind and are doing live stream chat in Chinese with vendors who deal directly with the miners. They get great deals, but I'm way too old and slow for that!! :eek2: @ChaiK or @mellowyellowgirl could tell you all about it.

I’ll let u know if I see any. But suspect the live stream folks can get you one quite quickly. Maybe can ask the ladies to look for u as well?

I love - love — love! those jackets!
They are beautiful!:appl:

Thank you! Love the jackets too.

@icy_jade Thank you so much!!!!! I've been looking for a good jeweller since I came back from India. I was spoilt by choice and prices there.

Would you be comfortable sharing the price range of the ready-made settings so I get an idea? Only if it's convenient. Thanks again.

Ah then you will be quite shocked by prices here I think...

They mostly range from around 1-ish k sgd to 2k for the more elaborate settings with large halos. Basically if it’s not just melees or if you see bigger pears, marquise or rounds, the settings are more expensive. Is that expensive to you?

Last edited:

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I’ll let u know if I see any. But suspect the live stream folks can get you one quite quickly. Maybe can ask the ladies to look for u as well?

Thank you! Love the jackets too.

Ah then you will be quite shocked by prices here I think...

They mostly range from around 1-ish k sgd to 2k for the more elaborate settings with large halos. Basically if it’s not just melees or if you see bigger pears, marquise or rounds, the settings are more expensive. Is that expensive to you?

@icy_jade for sure not as cheap as India but not too bad. Thanks for the recommendation.
For that price range in India, you would be able to custom-make something, at least back in 2013.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade for sure not as cheap as India but not too bad. Thanks for the recommendation.
For that price range in India, you would be able to custom-make something, at least back in 2013.

You can also try Efficient at People’s park and see which you prefer. I have not tried Efficient though but their ready made settings seems reasonable.

Am comfortable with Wriston and Xiaojun that’s why don’t mind recommending them. If you find good jewelers do let me know too. ;)2

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
OMG! Every single piece are so pretty!!!
The Yellow Tourmaline ESPECIALLY!!! :love:

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
Next up is the indicolite / blue tourmaline that was described as a ‘neon blue tourmaline’. 8.6mm, 3.61 ct from Oyo mine (Nigeria - I think).

Thanks to @lovedogs for posting and sharing the stone on the Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone! thread in the CS forum earlier this year

Vendor pic:
06534698-90DC-484A-8681-8FEAD14C59D8.jpeg

Loose:
457EDFE0-CEA9-4CEF-903F-9935124286F3.jpeg

And set:
62442B18-8214-4F9F-9AB7-99ECD1D78265.jpeg D987D2DB-720E-465B-AC6F-C326C84CFF8C.jpeg
Ready made setting via my regular jeweller, from his Hong Kong casings supplier.

52E33368-17E0-4183-B14F-363020085FBC.jpeg
05B5CA78-1A48-467D-A0F5-9EE2EDE81C61.jpeg

It really does have neon flashes in some lighting can can be quite mesmerizing. I collected 6 rings from my jeweller at the same time and this was his and one of the casings supplier’s fave so that says something I think.

This one stopped me in my tracks. Woah. GORGEOUS

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I the only one that keeps checking back to see the panda? Unless I missed it :confused:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Am I the only one that keeps checking back to see the panda? Unless I missed it :confused:

@arkieb1

It’s still in Japan... I’m checking the status everyday... :oops2:

FE0146A0-0BB2-4FCA-91DF-54224820A140.jpeg

This
7FF449BE-ADC6-4AC2-9CAE-D0971DF506F2.jpeg

Posted pics earlier in another thread so not much of a secret...

Ok in the meantime add another two new rings I just got at the local jewelry show. So much for trying to be good...

Both are cabs. Jadeite and Mexican opal. I’m not able to capture how mesmerizing the opal is irl. Beautiful play of color. Shifting as I move the ring. And my daughter loves the ring too.

69D92650-5CE8-4607-AC85-1B6A415A08C4.jpeg
FC2E8647-41FE-4A6E-A86E-277CAB299BE0.jpeg 91E391F0-4EC2-469E-9BA3-7BD888F10F72.jpeg 2DAD40A4-2D94-4565-B874-EF30FBA73E0C.jpeg

Cos I added more cabs haha. Scarily my jeweller is getting more settings this week so I may actually add more rings. Omg. Need to be on PS and IG ban I think. Otherwise I can’t stop getting all the pretties.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That panda is adorable! Don't know if that is appropriate for a high end jewelry piece but it is meant as a definite compliment!

Those two rings are amazing, love that opal!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darn it I was looking forward to seeing handpics of the Panda :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results