shape
carat
color
clarity

Rand Paul

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just blocked the 9-11 first responders bill.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just blocked the 9-11 first responders bill.
He was quoted in one article saying that he blocked it because he didn't want to see any money spent if there weren't cuts elsewhere. Perhaps he should be speaking with trump about the tax cuts for the rich and the millions spent on trump's golf trips
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 4.03.53 PM.png

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
No he didn't block the bill its still up for consideration and will be passed before the term is up.
He just blocked one of the fast track routes to passing it so it actually has to be discussed, you know the job of the senate to discuss and pass bills.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No he didn't block the bill its still up for consideration and will be passed before the term is up.
He just blocked one of the fast track routes to passing it so it actually has to be discussed, you know the job of the senate to discuss and pass bills.

Then maybe they should DO THEIR JOB. Can you think of ANY other bill that so desperately needs to be "fast=tracked?" It's a sad day when Conservative republicans actually defend Rand Paul and Bill Lee over this.

Remember 9-11? Or did you forget??

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Then maybe they should DO THEIR JOB. Can you think of ANY other bill that so desperately needs to be "fast=tracked?" It's a sad day when Conservative republicans actually defend Rand Paul and Bill Lee over this.

Remember 9-11? Or did you forget??
I never forget.
I believe that all of the fast tracks should be outlawed and all bills should go through the whole process.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never forget.
I believe that all of the fast tracks should be outlawed and all bills should go through the whole process.

Unfortunately, many of them don't have time to wait.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never forget.

@Karl_K , Most people facing life threatening illnesses don’t the luxury of time. These people put their lives on the line to help their fellow Americans.

I’m waiting for someone to come up with a sign that says Elect Rand Paul’s Neighbor.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course it is a Libertarian who has an objection to fast tracking legislation, when it is Libertarians who always complain about big government being too slow, inefficient, unresponsive. Makes sense.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never forget.

No exceptions? Even for dying first responders? Why do you have to be so doctrinaire? They wouldn't wait to help you.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
No exceptions? Even for dying first responders? Why do you have to be so doctrinaire? They wouldn't wait to help you.
As far as I am aware the program is paying out right now.
I also recall there was a lot of fraud that I would hope they are cracking down on.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as I am aware the program is paying out right now.
I also recall there was a lot of fraud that I would hope they are cracking down on.

There was NO fraud! Jon Stewart talked at length about that. Where did you did your information? OMG You literally just spread fake news.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Noticing: this man is alone - his are gesturings, not politics...

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THIS!! I’m the mother of a beautiful paramedic/first responder. She’s my hero everyday! :clap:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THIS!! I’m the mother of a beautiful paramedic/first responder. She’s my hero everyday! :clap:

They are my heroes, too, Bonfire. Kiss and hug your daughter for me!

Deb :wavey:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF, @Calliecake, Thank you both for your sweet words! I’m so proud of her! She fought hard against this male dominated field to get where she is. Warning, bragging moment. She graduated top in her class, with plenty of push back from her male peers. All first responders are our hero's. They deserve our gratitude and reverence.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bill to extended the victim’s compensation fund for the 9/11 first responders was signed today! FINALLY!
This is a victory for all first responders.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results