shape
carat
color
clarity

Great news :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As many of you know, I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer in May. That was after a year of horrible health issues to do with heart and thyroid. Since the end of May, I've been on an endless round about of treatments and testing, culminating in removal surgery last week and pathology testing - the results of which I received...this morning.

Grade 1. Stage 1a.

This is as good as cancer diagnosis ever gets and means, post surgery, there is no further treatment required. I will need ongoing active monitoring for 5 years, but I cannot express how relieved I am, and how incredibly lucky I know full well I am.

Over the last couple of months, I joined 2 cancer support networks, and I have seen people with my exact diagnosis receive horrible path reports and go from symptom-free to deceased in 4 months. I've seen women with terrible burns from ongoing radiation, or massive weight loss due to the nausea from chemo. I've seen more bald heads than at a Men's HairClub conference. And I've seen despair and sadness, like the woman who is an active quilter, given one year (optimistically) to live, who shared with us her quilting projects list - most pressing projects for her children first - and her overall goal of using all her fabric before she died. Since endo cancer, when it spreads, goes firstly to the vagina, rectum and bladder, I've seen women - true warriors - endure stents and pain and stomas and terror, the likes of which are simply beyond my comprehension.

So, for everyone who asked and supported me; thank you. Your kindness has been well noted and appreciated more than I can say.

But if you can spare a few seconds, please send out a prayer for those who don't receive my news, and for whom life becomes a continual, daily struggle out of the darkness of depression, towards the light of joy. I have been blessed by God beyond measure for no reason I can comprehend. If there's a rhyme or reason to it, I don't know what it is. But I know that my job at this point is to be grateful. To never take this life for granted. And to always, always offer the same hand to others that was offered to me.

This is a poem someone posted this morning in one of my groups. From now on, my commitment is that I will try to provide supportive arms, and help form the circle of support referred to below.

Thank you to all of you who were in my circle of support. Thank you very, very much.

For Sharon

When worry breaks your sweetest sleep and tugs
you to the surface of the ocean-deep night,
your thoughts like flotsam, the despair
rocking up against the bulwark of doubt
and fear that builds, drop by drop by drop
as a faucet leaks, ears throbbing with the tum
of your pulse, each breath chasing the next,
Know this: how the darkness tricks, snags us
with its lies, the huckster’s wink hidden
by a veil, and on the other side stands tall
your family and every friend who bears your cause
their ceaseless prayers, stalwart hearts, their many arms
around you form a circle that will not break
even when you think you might, their love reflecting
just a glimmer of the extravagant love of the One
who we belong to and who belongs to us.
Remember – even in the darkest dark of night
you have never been alone.
Not once.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, @mrs-b I had no idea!!! My husband had cancer when we were 28 and wehad a 6 month old, so in some ways, I understand what you are going through. (Though obviously, I can’t imagine your specific troubles). I’ll be praying for you and as you requested, those who did not receive your good news.

I am delighted that surveillance is your treatment course!!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great news @mrs-b! Thank you for sharing with us. Love the poem. We used "poetic medicine" in my chaplaincy program at the local children's hospital.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful news!
Thank you, also, for sharing the information that you have done.
When the situation is not right in front staring you down, sometimes it’s easy to forget what other people are going through, and of things to be thankful for in ones own life.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
God! This is the best news! The way you take it, comes a second best.

May I ask how was it diagnosed early enough?

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What amazing news, @mrs-b, and congratulations! I am so very, very thrilled for you and I could not be happier for you! Huzzah! I truly admire the way you have approached and navigated every step of this harrowing chapter, and I am celebrating with you now that you can relax and breathe easily again. But you are so right about others whose paths are thornier, and I will certainly honor your wish and keep them in my thoughts and prayers as well. I know so many people who are struggling with health issues or whose children are battling chronic diseases, and the challenges they face on a daily basisare truly unthinkable. Each day I try to reflect on everything that is good in my world, and I am often filled with gratitude not only for that which I have been given, but also for the paths I have not yet been asked to traverse. I am so inspired by the courage I see in those around me on a daily basis, and your strength and tenacity in the face of the uncertainty has been such an inspiration to me, @mrs-b! You truly are grace personified!

In light of this wonderful news, perhaps a little victory bling celebration is in order! (Sorry, just had to throw that out there, LOL!) But seriously, I am so happy that you can breathe more easily now and return to doing everything you love most! Congratulations again!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - excellent news! I am so, so happy for you. I am sure it is a very humbling experience and I thank you for raising our consciousness regarding others less fortunate.

We can all get caught up in the grouse and grumble of every day life and quickly lose sight of the bigger picture of our many blessings. What we consider a problem would just be a welcome pebble to someone facing their own demise.

We celebrate you mrs-b and this wonderful day for you! Put on all your diamonds and have yourself a wonderful dinner with hubby to celebrate!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such FABULOUS news! I am so happy for you, and so very proud of you for the grace with which you have handled this. You have carried on, you have been here & been supportive to others, and you have kept your worries in check until you have had firm results & information.

I hope you are going to pop a cork or two, stop & just breathe for a little while.

Big hugs & lots of love!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What amazing news, @mrs-b, and congratulations! I am so very, very thrilled for you and I could not be happier for you! Huzzah! I truly admire the way you have approached and navigated every step of this harrowing chapter, and I am celebrating with you now that you can relax and breathe easily again. But you are so right about others whose paths are thornier, and I will certainly honor your wish and keep them in my thoughts and prayers as well. I know so many people who are struggling with health issues or whose children are battling chronic diseases, and the challenges they face on a daily basisare truly unthinkable. Each day I try to reflect on everything that is good in my world, and I am often filled with gratitude not only for that which I have been given, but also for the paths I have not yet been asked to traverse. I am so inspired by the courage I see in those around me on a daily basis, and your strength and tenacity in the face of the uncertainty has been such an inspiration to me, @mrs-b! You truly are grace personified!

In light of this wonderful news, perhaps a little victory bling celebration is in order! (Sorry, just had to throw that out there, LOL!) But seriously, I am so happy that you can breathe more easily now and return to doing everything you love most! Congratulations again!!

Thank you so much for all your encouraging, kind words, @carbonfan. :))

I Just wanted to say - yes - I am planning 2 celebratory / memorial charms for my charm bracelet. I'll share info on the second one when it's more advanced. But in the meantime, here's the CADs for the first one.

54031-QUAD.jpg

Pearl is my birth stone, and they mean long life (which was my goal during this whole process) and tears (which was my experience during this process).

It's set in gold, the swirls of which are meant to represent waves. The pearl, despite the rough waves, has managed to stay in tact, to float above the storm, and to weather its life in occasionally treacherous seas. Despite the storm, despite the tears, the pearl remains itself, confident in its hope for a long an wonderful life. The loop - that forms the bail - reflects the ribbon, which is the symbol of uterine cancer. It's similar to the breast cancer ribbon, which is pink, but for endometrial cancer is peach. As endometrial cancer survivors, we refer to ourselves as sister Peaches. :))

Here's the t-shirt my husband ordered. I'll always be at risk of recurrence, secondaries and metastases as cancer is a nasty beast, which slips past even the most vigilant fence-making, so the fight is ongoing. But for now, we're celebrating a major, major victory.

https://www.zazzle.com/endometrial_cancer_real_men_wear_peach_t_shirt-235898739949690162

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic News @mrs-b !!!!

Go live your life and have a ball. It’s times like these that everything important becomes crystal clear. Enjoy your family and loved ones and be happy!!! Soak all the happiness in! We have been hoping this would be the news you would receive. We all are celebrating with you today. Congratulations!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this news is FANTASTIC Mrs.B and I am thankful you have good docs and you take your heathcare into your hands to ensure the BEST outcome. So happy for you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful news @mrs-b and Greg and I are so happy for you. We are continuing to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Wishing you good health and lots of happiness and joy.
Love the poem.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful news! You are always in my thoughts, and your celebratory pieces looks amazing so far with so many intricate details to memorialized your events. Can not wait to see the results!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is excellent news! I’m so happy for you!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JOY!! What wonderful news, Mrs B! I wish you continued good health, and will keep those with not-so-optimistic prognoses in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Happy HUGS!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic news! I'm hoping treatment and recovery goes well and swift for you.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mrs. B, this is indeed great news. Fantastic news. Grateful and elated for you.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
That's the best news! Congratulations, you have been blessed beyond measure!

When you wonder why you had the best news ever, as opposed to the fate of others you have met along the journey remember that you are also a part of their journey and that perhaps you survive to inspire with your story and encourage others to fight. There's a reason for everything in this life. Many hugs!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

This is great news. I enjoy reading your posts and must have missed the bad news when it came. .From some of the things you have written I believe you have made a difference in this world already. I think you are a gifted therapist. Your understanding will help many others in the future.
Treat yourself well, and enjoy the sun again.

Annette

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Excellent news, Mrs-b!! Sooooo happy to hear this. Prayers of gratitude will be uttered and further prayers for those who suffer with all cancers will also be sent to the big person in charge. So very happy for you!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh mrs-b I am so happy for this news! While I celebrate I will also be thinking of the women who are enduring a longer haul and wishing them strength and peace.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b this was the best news to wake up to! I am so relieved and happy at your staging. I hope this is the end to your year of health issues and you’re in blooming good health

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oh mrs-b!! I'm so happy to hear this news this morning, praise God.

The new pearl charm looks so neat, as a June baby too I love the representation of pearls, just beautiful.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy the news was good! Yes, go forth and live your life. I work in healthcare, I've been at the bedside when patients get life changing news. Our time on this earth is unknown and at any moment our worlds can be turned upside down. Your experience is a reminder to us all to enjoy life, love with all your heart , be kind, and make the most of every day.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful news mrs-b. I hope you have seen the last of the cancer beast and have a long healthy life ahead of you.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news! Wishing you all the best.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is excellent news @mrs-b ! I'm so sorry I didnt know of your diagnosis. You are in my thoughts as well as others who are going through any kind
of cancer. Hoping that you receive only good news from now on!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I’m so happy for you that I’m sitting here crying....My heart went out to you during your excruciating wait..because I know how terrible it is to wait for the results...I’m so happy for you...Your charm is beautiful and will always be a reminder of this experience..I know you will be there to give support to the other women who received the news you were hoping wouldn’t come...We are really all sisters in this life. We need to take care of each other. <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results