shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal cut diamond on Tiffany box for proposal

llozano

Rough_Rock
Yes, it's the knife edge setting, it looks amazing in pictures, I'll look at it in person tomorrow.

If you got the knife edge setting it looks like a Tiffany ring, in fact I think it's nicer than a Tiffany ring, but passing it off in a Tiffany box is a really dumb thing to do, give her the ring in another box (the Brian Gavin ones have always been fine) and then give her the other boxes, if she wants to pass it off as real Tiffany to her friends and family in photos that's her choice. I also think that's another dumb thing to do. She has a ring and a diamond better in quality that Tiffany, that's all anyone needs to know.

ponyrider

Rough_Rock
I dont see anything wrong with giving her the tiffany box in addition to the ring, since she seems to know it is not a tiffany ring. If she wants it for pictures, who are we to judge? Since you are not passing the ring off as tiffany, and she does indeed want the box, go for it. Hey...I once bought a pre owned cooler for my horse (its a loose blanket similar to a human warm up suit) and realized it had been monogrammed with a winners emblem (given as an award). I used it on the horse anyway even though he didnt win it ;-)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you very much for all of your feedbacks.

Let me explain the context a little more: she loves Tiffany's brand and has a Tiffany necklace, but we both came to the conclusion that it was better to buy a non-Tiffany ring to increase the size of the diamond.

I read online that Blue Nile or James Alen boxes (I don't remember which one) are very bad looking. I ended buying from BGD as some of you pointed out, so I tought that maybe their boxes weren't so good so wanted to better be safe, but I liked a lot the suggested boxes.

Also, she likes a lot to take pictures, so I thought that having "the blue box" in the pictures would make her happier.

If she wants an instagram-worthy box then the Mrs box as many suggested or a little hexagon box (not expensive either!) would be a better choice imho. See the box in the right on the photo, you can find them on LoupeTroop

20190520_172620.jpg

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with everyone who said don’t do it. The BGD boxes are just fine. Not sure which one you got because they have a different one for BGD Black but at the end of the day, it’s just a box, the ring is important!

Why don’t you just eventually buy her band from T&Co? That way she can have a Tiffany item and the box that matches it. Alternatively, I like the T&Co jewelry case idea which will also come in handy. I’d return/resell the box that you got from eBay.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Agree with everyone else here. Please don’t do it. Her heart will leap, she will think you bought her Tiffany, and even if she doesn’t say anything to you, she will be crushed and it will taint your proposal.

The Mrs. boxes others have suggested are really nice, and if she loves Tiffany blue, you can get one in blue.

If you just use the Tiffany box in photos, you put her in the super awkward position of having to field questions from multiple girlfriends about whether her ring is from Tiffany, and then either explaining that it’s not, or lying. Really not good.

Honesty in all things is the best way to start (and keep going with) your marriage.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results