color
clarity

Ring sizing help

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Guys!

Need advice on ring sizing!

I am about to instruct on 2 new rings so need to work out what I am going to do.

So I was previously a 6 to 6.25 (depending on weather).

I lost about 8kg in the past 2 years and the 6 can now be worn on my middle finger comfortably.

I would actually like some rings to wear on my ring finger that are not too loose. The ones now can be worn on the right hand ring finger but even then it feels loose as the weather is freezing these days and my fingers shrank.

So my problem is that winter, combined with weight loss means I am not sure what size I should size my rings at.

Bite the bullet and do a 5.75?

I worry my fingers will expand in summer but I am not sure by how much! Or what if they don't expand then I will have pretty loose rings that are only good for the index and middle finger.

Heeeeeelp!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
Instead of resizing, you can consider using one of those spiral shaped ring adjusters instead. Lots of online shops sell these. So in summer, you can remove these should your finger return to their usual.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Agree. Go slightly bigger and use the spiral rings to adjust. Cheap and good. Comfy too.

089E818B-2B49-47FC-BE40-45909BFBAB9D.png 37CE9CEC-A672-4ECC-AA2F-8475097FF700.png

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG

Mind blown!!!!!!

My sister can wear the rest of my stuff with these!!!!! I had a few sizing issues when I first started buying jade and she couldn't fit into 2 rings that she really liked!

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
Great idea. Anybody ever tried this? It-s more difficult to size down than size up right? That would be a solution?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I use it all the time as I’ve lost weight and a few of my rings are now loose, including my regular diamond ring. Works great.

Everyone I rec/shown to was very impressed, including jewelers. Anyway finger sizes can go up and down quite a bit over time. Best not to do multiple resizing so this is good solution until you are really sure of your size and no need to keep resizing.

As mentioned, really comfy.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade are your ones PVC?

Aussie Ebay threw up so many sellers I have no idea what to pick! All nice and cheap though!!!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
563F7FC4-54CE-4819-9894-153F3D79689A.png
PU? Don’t know what it is but not PVC

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Polyurethane. PU.

Reactions: prs

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree. Go slightly bigger and use the spiral rings to adjust. Cheap and good. Comfy too.

089E818B-2B49-47FC-BE40-45909BFBAB9D.png 37CE9CEC-A672-4ECC-AA2F-8475097FF700.png

Yes go larger and use the spiral thingy. That is what I very comfortably use when necessary.

bubbalahupsidedown.jpg.png

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you leave them on your rings permanently until your finger changes size @missy ?

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
Great idea. Anybody ever tried this? It-s more difficult to size down than size up right? That would be a solution?

Hm I was actually told the opposite by my jeweler. Sizing up means adding material and reshaping to match the band where sizing down is lasering out a sliver and closing it up (provided the design allows either option). That's my super basic understanding of the process though!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you leave them on your rings permanently until your finger changes size @missy ?

Since it’s hot now I’m not wearing the spiral thing as my finger swells in heat. Once the weather cools back it goes. It’s super comfortable.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies!!!!! You are geniuses!!!!

So easy and each spiral can be used to resize about 4 rings!!! Feels really comfy too.

Ta da!

20190720_120918.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
a lot of my rings came with a warranty that includes two resizes a year
i would be too scared to wear a ring that is too loose
my mother had her rings resized often too
i have never seen these spiral things

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results