shape
carat
color
clarity

4.30 OEC Sparkle Bomb

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We definitely need more pictures of this treasure! It is gorgeous!

Orchids0926

Shiny_Rock
Drool worthy! Keep the pictures coming. :whistle::love:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular! Congratulations :love::love:

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock
absolutely stunning!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely FANTASTIC! Congrats and enjoy!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow how amazing!!! Such a fantastic diamond and facet pattern and whoah that size is just WOW on your hand..I will be upgrading soon and super excited after seeing your pics!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super-sized perfection!!! Aren't old L-color diamonds the best?? I love the setting and the pairing with the plain band, too!

AntiqueSparkle

Shiny_Rock
@rubyjim - Thank you! I adore OMCs as well… it was very tempting. I hope to add an OMC necklace to my collection in the future. I just adore the puffy crown and rustic faceting. :roll2:

@yennyfire - Thank you! Such a complement coming from you. Your oval is stunning…. I never get tired looking at your pictures. =) :kiss2::love:

@MakingTheGrade, @Bonfire - the setting is designed by Adam from OWD. His bench executed it perfectly. Although I plan on sending it back to add 4 more prongs to extra security. I will add more profile pictures shortly

@Alex T - Thank you! It is a large stone… I’ve never seen it set like this either. My eyes were definitely wide open when I first opened the box.

@MissGotRocks - Thank you! I always think less is more, at least at first so I always have room to add sparkly bands. :mrgreen2::lol-2::cool2: Gotta pace myself somehow lol.

@telephone89 - I agree! He always has the most wondrous treasures.

@derbygal, @KristyDarling - I agree! I previously owned a K and I swear this L faces up way whiter & brighter. These old cut chameleons

@Matthews1127 - The dimensions are 10.45x10.56x6.24mm. The setting is from OWD but I plan to send back to add more prongs for extra security. Stay tuned =)

@plad25, @LLJsmom, @nala, @tkyasx78, @Orchids0926 - your wish is my command, will take more pictures tomorrow when it’s sunny out. We had a big storm here in MD this afternoon.

@Lucy-In-The-Sky - you’re too funny. This site will be the end of me as well I tell you. :loopy: Although this upgrade was completely my DH’s idea (bless his heart). I was perfectly happy with my 2.45ct OEC… BUT can’t go back now. :lol-2::P2 Let me know if you need any enabling.

@goldenfire - I love your ring in dahlia!! Can’t wait to see your upgrade in the future. I bet it’s going to be glorious… Any ideas?!?!:dance:

AntiqueSparkle

Shiny_Rock
It's so difficult capturing how she looks IRL. Her facets are constantly changing colors, never going dark.
IMG_6075.jpg

Below is the side-profile. The girdle is too exposed for my liking and I don't think 4 prongs are enough. So there will be some changes coming soon. I want to be sure to keep her safe & sound in the long run. I'm sure the current state is giving some of you guys heart palpitations. Me too... me too. Will keep you guys updated.
IMG_6076.jpg

I didn't do a good job capturing it but there are 2 small OEC accent stones on either side. I also love the triwire shank.
IMG_6079.jpg
IMG_6080.jpg
And just for fun... this is what I originally started with! My original engagement ring!
andreawang102.jpg
andreawang101.jpg

Last edited:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEST RING EVER!! Gorgeous! looks amazing on your phenomenal hand!:love::love::love::love::love: Love the simple nature of the ring, with just that added flair with sidestones. Great job! Wonderful facet pattern too! love love love!

AntiqueSparkle

Shiny_Rock
BEST RING EVER!! Gorgeous! looks amazing on your phenomenal hand!:love::love::love::love::love: Love the simple nature of the ring, with just that added flair with sidestones. Great job! Wonderful facet pattern too! love love love!

I COULD SAY THE SAME TO YOU! Wow your new HG is just stunning. :clap: I think our 2 babies need to have a play-date!! :twisted2::kiss2::dance:

Reactions: D&T

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I COULD SAY THE SAME TO YOU! Wow your new HG is just stunning. :clap: I think our 2 babies need to have a play-date!! :twisted2::kiss2::dance:

Yes we do!!!:kiss2:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! that is incredible! I love the setting and stone. perfection.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore your new diamond and that is one of my favorite OWD settings!:love: I actually am planning a 6 prong setting similar to that style with CVB. Mine will be a baby compared to yours, though!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely Gorgeous!

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
Diamond looks pretty with all the nice facets shining... and the size on your tiny finger..... Massive! :mrgreen2:

AntiqueSparkle

Shiny_Rock
I adore your new diamond and that is one of my favorite OWD settings!:love: I actually am planning a 6 prong setting similar to that style with CVB. Mine will be a baby compared to yours, though!

Thank you @diamondseeker2006!! OWD never disappoints. I’m so excited for your project! I’m sure it’s going to be gorgeous. May I ask how your 6 prong will be set? I saw that CVB recently came out with a very similar setting. I plan on adding more prongs to my current setting for more security and would love some ideas. Thanks!!!

AntiqueSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Diamond looks pretty with all the nice facets shining... and the size on your tiny finger..... Massive! :mrgreen2:

Thank you @HNGN!!! And your lemony bauble is just absolutely to die for... I’m drooling. I hope you don’t have to wait too long for wear the gorgeous gorgeous ring!!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
WOW- congrats!!! the facet patterning is DA BOMB!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is giving me DSS!!!!:lol: So gorgeous!!!

Thank you @diamondseeker2006!! OWD never disappoints. I’m so excited for your project! I’m sure it’s going to be gorgeous. May I ask how your 6 prong will be set? I saw that CVB recently came out with a very similar setting. I plan on adding more prongs to my current setting for more security and would love some ideas. Thanks!!!

Caysie had done a similar shank on her Ivy setting awhile back, and I had pretty much wanted that style shank way before that. Mine would have a double buckle or whatever it is called between the shank and the shoulder petal like her Ivy. The head has been the toughest part for me to decide!!! All I know is that I want 6 prongs. You could go to 8 due to the larger size of your stone. The appealing thing to me about the simple head like yours is that the diamond is easy to clean because the sides are so open. But even with 6-8 prongs with the prongs like you have, you should be ok! I am considering the CVB Abby head but with 6 prongs, but I am still not sure!!!

AntiqueSparkle

Shiny_Rock
@diamondseeker17 Triwire with double buckle?.... :love::love::love::love::love: I LOVE the swoopy prongs of the Abby. That was actually one of the things I loved most about my OWD Crown-6 design. That solitare was so easy to clean so I'm sure you won't have a problem. I'm sure it's going to look so beautiful!!! In fact that may be what I will be requesting in terms of changes to my ring (with 8 prongs). Can't wait to follow along and see the final your product once it's completed. Enjoy the process and please post LOTS of pictures along the way.

Just realized that we may be fraternal ring twins!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! The setting is gorgeous too!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I missed this because I was traveling. What a gorgeous stone and setting! Just beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results