shape
carat
color
clarity

A Parti Sapphire--my first custom project

Module

Shiny_Rock
Early this year, I finally got the promotion that I have waited too long, so I decided to get something nice to celebrate. Not knowing much about gemstones, I turned to Costco as I used to but this time nothing caught my eyes. I started to do some random search and google led me to this forum. There are so much helpful information here and I indulged myself in reading interesting post after post, browsing site after site of the trusted vendors and before I know it I have saved several hundreds jewelry pictures.

Finally I felt I was ready to pull the trigger. I placed an order to buy a spinel and a sapphire from MasterCutGems. Dana was so nice and emailed me that although I was a week late on the sale, he would still offer the sale price and refunded the differences. I was unexpectedly pleased!

Soon after I contacted David Klass to initiate the project. I actually used @lovedogs blue topaz ring made by HoW as my inspiration picture, and said the general idea was a bezel setting with moderate metal halo. The first CAD arrived in my email inbox 5 days later, looks pretty much the same as the inspiration photo with rope halo. Not totally impressed with it, I sent a few more pictures and said I preferred something more romantic, like scrollwork resembles leaf or sea waves. Not a word of complaining, the second CAD was received a week later. This time he added 4 small accent diamonds on the north-south and east-west directions and with some changes in the halo, it looked closer to what I like but still something was not right. After days of searching, finally I saw an antique coin with a halo I like most. I emailed back and said just use this halo and also incorporate the 4 accent stones. The third time is the charm, 20 days later, a finished video!

Here are some screenshots of the video:
MVI_7970_Moment1.jpg

MVI_7970_Moment2.jpg

and some hand shots:

In my bathroom under flashlight
IMG_1754.JPG

in house on a cloudy day:

IMG_1761.JPG

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooooo I LOVE THIS!!!!! DK did an outstanding job, and it's gorgeous!

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh so pretty! I love how it's both modern and a bit Art Nouveau feeling! And the color is gorgeous even during a cloudy day :kiss2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pretty! I love parti-gems. :appl:

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I like this. Such a pretty halo!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty stone and a really gorgeous setting, congrats!!!

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
It’s beautiful . Your ring looks very classic and practical. I love bezels and hope to get a sapphire in a bezel setting someday. Congratulations on your promotion!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! What is the carat weight of the center stone? What does the back of the ring look like? I love to see all angles of DK’s work. Dana was nice to honor the sale price.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty! Congratulations on your promotion!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful setting, and the perfect home for the parti-sapphire!

I too would love to know the carat weight and dimensions of the sapphire, and to see profile views of the ring ... just a lovely combo!

Module

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all! I got tremendous help here and can't express enough of it. It is a Madagascar heat only sapphire re-cut by Dana from a 2.0 ct windowed stone and ended with a 7.7*6.3*4.8mm 1.88ct stone. The parti sapphire is interesting, depending on the light and view angle, sometimes I could see more blue and sometimes I could see more yellow. I will take more pictures showing back and sides once I'm home.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty sure I saw your ring on IG? maybe not but I can say it's beautiful!!!

Module

Shiny_Rock
yes it was posted on DK's IG.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful ring! I, too, saw this on Instagram and fell in love with it. Congratulations on a job well done!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: so pretty!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :appl:

Eady

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! I love the halo :love:

Edited to add: congratulations on the promotion at well! What a great way to celebrate.

ksage92

Rough_Rock
This is stunning! Love it!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The underside view is almost as amazing as the top! Awesome!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results