carat
color
clarity

Invalid Measurement in HCA

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD12512603

Any idea why i get the message "Invalid Measurement" when i enter the numbers? GIA number isn't pulling the numbers in.

Any thoughts on the stone based on the information given?
Enter all of the numbers, including the dimensions in mm. Sometimes entering the Gia number doesn't work, so you have to enter values manually.

kmajid

Shiny_Rock
Enter all of the numbers, including the dimensions in mm. Sometimes entering the Gia number doesn't work, so you have to enter values manually.

Thanks. Entering the size made it work that time. Thanks for the heads up on that. It scored a 2.5. so i guess that's a no go.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, it looks ok in the video. Unlike the stones mentioned in the other thread, I do not see obvious light leakage in this one. It requires further inspection and confirmation, but unfortunately, BN does not provide any additional photos. 35.5/40.8 with HCA 2.5 can be good, but you really need to be selective.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, it looks ok in the video. Unlike the stones mentioned in the other thread, I do not see obvious light leakage in this one. It requires further inspection and confirmation, but unfortunately, BN does not provide any additional photos. 35.5/40.8 with HCA 2.5 can be good, but you really need to be selective.
I wouldn't buy a stone with a 2.5 HCA without advanced images. I think you (OP) are shooting yourself in the foot by not using the PS search tool or being willing to explore alternative vendors.

kmajid

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn't buy a stone with a 2.5 HCA without advanced images. I think you (OP) are shooting yourself in the foot by not using the PS search tool or being willing to explore alternative vendors.

I actually have used the PS search tool, but some stones don't come up. I'm assuming that's because the certificate number doesn't pull anything up sometimes. I was just curious as to why i wasn't able to get the HCA results after entering the info, but i got that sorted.

I also am considering using other vendors, but would ultimately prefer to purchase form BN.

I appreciate your help every step of the way so far : )

kmajid

Shiny_Rock

Thanks so much for the feedback. Really appreciate it.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I actually have used the PS search tool, but some stones don't come up. I'm assuming that's because the certificate number doesn't pull anything up sometimes. I was just curious as to why i wasn't able to get the HCA results after entering the info, but i got that sorted.

I also am considering using other vendors, but would ultimately prefer to purchase form BN.

I think what @lovedogs meant that in the PS Search there is a filter for "HCA CUT RANK". If you select "Excellent" the results should only show diamonds with HCA scores of 2 or less. I am not sure if every vendor's current inventory is available, so if you find a diamond on BN (or any other website) that doesn't appear in the PS Search, you can enter the info (either the GIA Cert. No. or all of the specs if the Cert. No. doesn't work) manually into the HCA Tool. GL

headlight

Ideal_Rock

Just curious... is there a reason you prefer to purchase from BN?

kmajid

Shiny_Rock
Just curious... is there a reason you prefer to purchase from BN?

A couple of friends have had a great experience using them. I also have 0% financing available that i would consider taking advantage of lined up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results