shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeffrey Epstein

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been waiting a long time for this scumbag to go down. There are better articles out there about his arrest but this one captures the essence. It would be icing on the cake if trump went down with him.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...ey-epstein-arrest-is-a-worry-for-donald-trump

"Although a court filing says Mar-a-Lago eventually dumped Epstein from its ranks after he approached an underage girl there, Trump has generally spoken about Epstein fondly – to me and to others. “I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump told New York magazine in 2002. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

During the 2016 presidential campaign, an unidentified young woman filed a suit against Trump in which she alleged that he raped her when she was 13 at a party at Epstein’s Upper East Side townhouse in Manhattan. Trump denied the claims and the woman later dropped the suit because, her lawyer said, she was intimidated by death threats. The Trump camp described her allegations as 'untrue'."

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve also been waiting @Matata . Julie K. Brown did a phenomenal job on reporting this story. Did you happen to see George Conway’s tweet yesterday on Epstein’s 2010 deposition question regarding Trump?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you happen to see George Conway’s tweet yesterday on Epstein’s 2010 deposition question regarding Trump?
Just looked it up. I continue to be gobsmacked by the depth of depravity we have in our society and how those with money/power are like teflon dons -- shit doesn't stick -- and a whole lot people are complicit by their silence. Epstein's 2008 plea deal is alleged to be a criminal violation of the victims' rights and it would be satisfying to see Acosta among those punished if it turns out to be so. Trump was truthful about one thing -- he promised to drain the swamp and he certainly did that by bringing all its slimy denizens into the White House.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I continue to be gobsmacked by the depth of depravity we have in our society and how those with money/power are like teflon dons -- shit doesn't stick -- and a whole lot people are complicit by their silence

Nothing, and I mean nothing, surprises me anymore. After the last few years I don't think anything could ever surprise me again regarding (filthy) politics.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is always men who engage in and cook up up these despicable schemes. I am thinking of separating children from parents and caging them; supporting Judge Ray Moore; allowing Brett Kavanaugh to get onto the Supreme Court; ignoring the numerous allegations that Donald Trump has attacked and even raped women. Some women, Kirstjen Nielsen comes to mind, are complicit in the evil. At the bottom of every scheme are men.

AGBF

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes and to add further irony to everything these are often the types of men that want to ban abortion, and think they somehow have the right to tell women what they can't and can't do with their own bodies. There are so many of these D-bags with so many double standards out there (they want them super young, they want to treat as many women as they can as disposable items, and yet they they don't want to allow women to take control of their own health) it s@#ts me to tears.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad he is done for and he is just as scummy as Harvey Weinstein. Scum is not relegated to a single political affiliation.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad he is done for and he is just as scummy as Harvey Weinstein. Scum is not relegated to a single political affiliation.

Agreed. No pass for Weinstein. But was he also a child molester like Epstein and Roy Moore? I didn't follow his case that closely. I truly dislike child molesters.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed. No pass for Weinstein. But was he also a child molester like Epstein and Roy Moore? I didn't follow his case that closely. I truly dislike child molesters.
No buts. Scum are scum and I truly dislike all of them. Your examples up thread were all based on political affiliation rather than the alleged crimes.

Last edited:

dazzle66

Rough_Rock
It is always men who engage in and cook up up these despicable schemes. I am thinking of separating children from parents and caging them; supporting Judge Ray Moore; allowing Brett Kavanaugh to get onto the Supreme Court; ignoring the numerous allegations that Donald Trump has attacked and even raped women. Some women, Kirstjen Nielsen comes to mind, are complicit in the evil. At the bottom of every scheme are men.

AGBF

Are you saying that every evil comes down to a man/men?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This disgusting pile of dung make take down a whole lot of people. Money and power.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No buts. Scum are scum and I truly dislike all of them. Your examples up thread were all based on political affiliation rather than the alleged crimes.

I can't help it that the men I named were all Republicans. I follow politics more than show business; that's why I didn't name Weinstein, not because he is a Democrat. I hardly consider Harvey Weinstein a political figure! Why would I think of his political affiliation? When did he ever run for the Senate or get vetted for the Supreme Court? I don't know much about Epstein, either. Same thing. I don't know every rich white pervert. Only the ones who make laws or are in The White House or on The Supreme Court.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh trust me, if you want to change the subject from sexual predators to old fashioned corruption, you’re not going to like where this story goes with current-era Republicans. It gets swampy, fast.

But being a sexual predator certainly knows no party. Burn them all down. No Franken-style gnashing of teeth for the “good guys” this time.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh trust me, if you want to change the subject from sexual predators to old fashioned corruption, you’re not going to like where this story goes with current-era Republicans. It gets swampy, fast.

Hear! Hear! Let's not start confusing a little graft and corruption with men inflicting harm on minors! Corruption is positively an American tradition!

"Tammany Hall boss George Washington Plunkitt defined 'dishonest graft' as actual theft from the public treasury or taking bribes for making certain public decisions. 'Honest graft,' however, simply meant pursuing the public interest and one's personal interests at the same time."

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Bob Mendez should never have been convicted. Do not equate a man with a very old personal friendship with someone who gave him a ride in his plane and some personal gifts with those greedy men feeding at the public trough. Let your bird watch MSNBC while you watch Fox. Discuss with your bird before you bring your comments here. Your bird will straighten you out. He's smart. Trust him.

Annette

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve lived in DC on and off since 2008. I’ve seen a lot. Bob Menendez is truly the least of it. I could name Dems too, but if we are going to play, Elaine Chao:

“The New York Times reports that Chao has blatantly leveraged her position in Trump's Cabinet to benefit her family's shipping business, the Foremost Group. In 2017, she had planned a visit to Beijing, ostensibly on government business, and has also arranged for members of the family to attend government meetings. This so alarmed the U.S. embassy that staffers there got in touch with the State Department to find out how to handle it. That visit was canceled, but according to this Politico article published last month, Chao has held at least a dozen interviews with Chinese media, with her father by her side, clearly associating his business with her position as transportation secretary.”

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Let your bird watch MSNBC while you watch Fox. Discuss with your bird before you bring your comments here. Your bird will straighten you out. He's smart. Trust him.

Annette
He used to watch MSNBC and CNN till he found out that they were lying for 2.5 yrs about Trump being a Russian spy.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acosta needs to resign. Epstein had dozens of victims.

Former Florida Prosecutor Barry Krischer’s statement is below:

“As the States Attorney for a Palm Beach County for 16 years (1993-2009) which included the entire period of the Epstein investigation, I can emphatically state that Mr. Acosta’s recollection of this matter is completely wrong”.

“If Mr Acosta was truly concerned with the State’s case and felt he had to rescue the matter, he would have moved forward with the 53 page indictment that his own office drafted. Instead Mr Acosta brokered a secret plea deal that resulted in a Non-Prosecution Agreement in violation of the Crimes Victim Rights Act”.

“ Mr Acosta should not be allowed to rewrite history”.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve lived in DC on and off since 2008. I’ve seen a lot. Bob Menendez is truly the least of it. I could name Dems too, but if we are going to play, Elaine Chao:

“The New York Times reports that Chao has blatantly leveraged her position in Trump's Cabinet to benefit her family's shipping business, the Foremost Group. In 2017, she had planned a visit to Beijing, ostensibly on government business, and has also arranged for members of the family to attend government meetings. This so alarmed the U.S. embassy that staffers there got in touch with the State Department to find out how to handle it. That visit was canceled, but according to this Politico article published last month, Chao has held at least a dozen interviews with Chinese media, with her father by her side, clearly associating his business with her position as transportation secretary.”

I have to admit that until recently Elaine Chao and her family connections had slipped under my radar. A few months ago more news appeared in the media I see on television and read. (I do not read a great deal of financial news.) For the first time I began to hear about her family's connections and also about how her marriage to Mitch McConnell was mutually advantageous. Probably "The New York Times" published a new article or two about her. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Secretary Chao is not one of the blatant cabinet member abusers who lives rent-free in the home of someone who needs a favor from his department. She is on another level of corruption. No used hotel mattresses as payoff for her.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Epstein is a disgusting man.

Acosta tried to justify his whole way through his little show. Just gross and lacked any understanding of the criticism of his actions. He wanted to portray himself as a hero- which is so far from the truth. And the fact that the victims did not even know about the deal until after, when they are the ones that had a crime perpetrated against them? Violation of ethical rules that governed him as an attorney at the time.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:think:...Shouldn't B. Clinton be worry too? I guess not since his last name is Clinton.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...tein-six-times-not-the-four-times-he-admitted
Not one single person has said that Clinton shouldn't worry. If, in fact, he was aware of or complicit in Epstein's disgusting crimes then he should go down. Period. It isn't that complicated. Anyone who helped a child rapist needs to go to jail. It just so happens that most of the people who do the super abhorrent BS are part of one party. The GOP.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:think:...Shouldn't B. Clinton be worry too? I guess not since his last name is Clinton.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...tein-six-times-not-the-four-times-he-admitted
I’ve heard there are some very incriminating photos of Bill Clinton specifically.

If the FBI trove is what I think it is, there will be many many many implicated people. Pelosi’s daughter already let us know it will include Dems and I’m inclined to believe she knows.

In the “old days” before #MeToo men were allowed to quietly resign and the staffers and others with stories would let it go (often politically involved themselves and not wanting to cause more friendly fire damage than necessary). I think Franken will be the last man who skates like that.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not one single person has said that Clinton shouldn't worry. If, in fact, he was aware of or complicit in Epstein's disgusting crimes then he should go down. Period. It isn't that complicated. Anyone who helped a child rapist needs to go to jail. It just so happens that most of the people who do the super abhorrent BS are part of one party. The GOP.
This just isn’t true. But as I just posted (and before reading this) the men would fade away instead of all their dirty laundry coming out. Or else the story would never move forward with media outlets at all.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to know why this took so long and why the feds had to prosecute instead of the state in 2008 on state charges?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Well, a President who laughs about being able to walk into the dressing room of teenage girls on the Miss teen USA pageant, and is friends with Epstein should be looked at carefully. We do have a sexual predator in the White House.

Annette

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would like to know why this took so long and why the feds had to prosecute instead of the state in 2008 on state charges?

I totally get your perspective, but now that I have done some legal work for rape victim rights, I will tell you that this isn’t surprising AT ALL.

I know of a rape victim who had done a rape kit, had all the proof in the world. And she was told the local prosecutors would not bring her case.

In this case, the minor victims had been paid. That’s a fact the defense was going to make a huge deal of. Prosecutors like simple cases.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results