carat
color
clarity

Please help me find 9mm blue zircon

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

My husband and I just had 9 years of our wedding and 15 years of our being together anniversary this year and I decided to embark on the colored stone RHR project for this milestone.

I would love to find a round blue zircon for a setting that I already own. Coincidentally the setting holds 9mm stone

Please help me find a nice round blue zircon or appr 8.5-9mm. It should not be deeper than 4.5mm as otherwise it would not fit into the setting.

I found one zircon from Jeff Davies, however the asking price of USD900 is way too rich for my blood.

Now I wanted to ask for a joint wisdom here on the forum and see if we can find a nice stone for me

Many thanks!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5B50F2BE-48E9-4240-BD2F-93C2FA04D37D.jpeg Normally I don’t recommend gems from them, but their blue zircon is cheap and decent quality if you’re on a budget. The only gem I ever bought from them was a diamond cut blue zircon, and it was really pretty. Refunds are easy. If you want finer blues and better quality, you’ll have to pay more. Just be careful not to be overcharged for poor quality.

https://www.jtv.com/product/blue-zircon-8-5mm-round-2-45ct/ZR074

This is my blue zircon from them. It’s 8,5mm.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joe Henley Rough has a TON of blue zircon rough right now, since coming back from Cambodia. Maybe find a lapidary to cut it for you? :think:
So many blue zircons are cut deep, so if you have such a specific size goal, getting something cut to that standard might be a good option, if you’re ok with not knowing how its going to look exactly beforehand

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine was cut much like a round brilliant diamond. It has great proportions, and not too deep. I think jtv sells lots of overpriced inferior gems with tons of treatment, but like the OP, I was looking to find a calibrated inexpensive round to fit a setting I love. The stone ended up being three carats and more affordable than any other zircon I could find. The photo shows color zoning, but mine was even in color.

I made the mistake of buying a spinel from there years ago on the recommendation of someone, and it was awful, but the return couldn’t be easier.

Native cut blue zircons are horrible and often deeply cut or too shallow.

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
5B50F2BE-48E9-4240-BD2F-93C2FA04D37D.jpeg Normally I don’t recommend gems from them, but their blue zircon is cheap and decent quality if you’re on a budget. The only gem I ever bought from them was a diamond cut blue zircon, and it was really pretty. Refunds are easy. If you want finer blues and better quality, you’ll have to pay more. Just be careful not to be overcharged for poor quality.

https://www.jtv.com/product/blue-zircon-8-5mm-round-2-45ct/ZR074

This is my blue zircon from them. It’s 8,5mm.

I quite like your blue zircon!!!! It would have been a lovely option.

I just tried to purchase the zircon from jtv but unfortunately they do not ship to Europe :cry2::cry2::cry2:

It would have been a great option budget - wise, but now I am back to square 1.

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joe Henley Rough has a TON of blue zircon rough right now, since coming back from Cambodia. Maybe find a lapidary to cut it for you? :think:

I quite like the idea, but I would not even know how to start about finding the lapidary for such project

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Unfortunately, it’s cut too deep for her requirements. It’s almost as deep as it is wide.

So many blue zircons are cut deep, so if you have such a specific size goal, getting something cut to that standard might be a good option, if you’re ok with not knowing how its going to look exactly beforehand

Indeed I have seen this one, but it is too deep for my setting. Dana has another zircon that would fit perfectly, but alas it is white and I am very keen on finding a blue specimen

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
Assuming that you know blue zircons are all treated, gemselect is a good place for calibrated sizes. I haven't checked now but I remember seeing nice blue zircons a few weeks ago.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I quite like your blue zircon!!!! It would have been a lovely option.

I just tried to purchase the zircon from jtv but unfortunately they do not ship to Europe :cry2::cry2::cry2:

It would have been a great option budget - wise, but now I am back to square 1.
Bummer!!!!

Too bad you don’t know someone in the States willing to ship it to you.

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bummer!!!!

Too bad you don’t know someone in the States willing to ship it to you.

Yeah, I am currently thinking through my acquaintances regarding the shipping. I tis so well priced. Ideally I would still want someone who understands the gemstones to have a brief look at it before I pay customs and VAT

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@Dizzie have You thought about emailing Dana @mastercut? I was looking for a pair of 6mm blue zircons for studs, emailed him, and he cut some for me. It might be worth telling him what you are looking for, see if he can do it. They are super friendly and easy to deal with. Price is great too.

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Dizzie have You thought about emailing Dana @mastercut? I was looking for a pair of 6mm blue zircons for studs, emailed him, and he cut some for me. It might be worth telling him what you are looking for, see if he can do it. They are super friendly and easy to deal with. Price is great too.

That is a great idea. Will definitely email him right away

Mistert

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

My husband and I just had 9 years of our wedding and 15 years of our being together anniversary this year and I decided to embark on the colored stone RHR project for this milestone.

I would love to find a round blue zircon for a setting that I already own. Coincidentally the setting holds 9mm stone

Please help me find a nice round blue zircon or appr 8.5-9mm. It should not be deeper than 4.5mm as otherwise it would not fit into the setting.

I found one zircon from Jeff Davies, however the asking price of USD900 is way too rich for my blood.

Now I wanted to ask for a joint wisdom here on the forum and see if we can find a nice stone for me

Many thanks!

Today is MY/OUR 55th anniversary. Anyway, I have a Swiss Blue 8 mm round available. Interested?

Mistert

Rough_Rock
Today is MY/OUR 55th anniversary. Anyway, I have a Swiss Blue 8 mm round available. Interested?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results