shape
carat
color
clarity

WARNING! Enchanted Diamonds Scam! Buyers Beware!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To make matters worse, turns out this ED customer who received the bad check, just found her stone for sale on another site. Joshua sold the stone already. :oops:

She needs to file a police report IMMEDIATELY and have the police contact whoever has her diamond listed for sale before it is sold.

RSZ

Rough_Rock
I am so sorry to hear there are so many victims…I sincerely hope that all of you can have your money back.

But first thing first, I really have 2 questions for the victims involved:

1. Is it wise for ED victims to seek advice from RC's attorney?

To be honest, RC and ED's victims have somewhat-ambiguous conflict of interest in this case (since RC was ED's partner in trade?). Every evidence RC's attorney acquire/withhold cannot be used against RC in the future lawsuit if the current one takes a bad turn.

2. Has ED owner's private bank account being seized?

ED has filed for bankruptcy (can it be challenged by claiming it is a fraudulent bankruptcy?). Is it possible to file Fraud to criminal court and seize their (the owner and his wife, since someone mentioned his wife is also involved in finding a diamond.) personal bank accounts?

I’ll respond to this as best I can...the short answer is that the victims have an attorney who has filed a class action law suit. I have no idea about the private bank account but, the owner filed for bankruptcy. There are some things we are not able to share rn.

RSZ

Rough_Rock
I’m posting to reply to the general inquiries concerning the use of gfm for the victims...the attys were consulted and gave an ok.
The use of a gfm was presented pretty early on on this site. I think it’s safe to say that on this site people enjoy beautiful things that are shiny and not necessary to survival. That being said, there are victims who were not buying or selling or expecting to personally enjoy said baubles. Sometimes, people need to sell things to survive (yes, we have people who have been horribly taken advantage of...) There are small businesses that didn’t receive needed inventory and there are grieving mothers who don’t have memorial items they should have gotten.
Now, it seems,one of your own purchased a “hot” diamond and didn’t know it...
The range of people affected is diverse.
I love this forum. We’ve felt encouraged and supported here. It feels like you’re looking out for us. Thank you.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To make matters worse, turns out this ED customer who received the bad check, just found her stone for sale on another site. Joshua sold the stone already. :oops:

OMG!!!!!!! He’s selling HER stone. That has got to be selling stolen item and grand larceny etc.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every single dime that every single one of us has ever paid for a non-necessity is money that could have gone to humanitarian causes. Most of us find ways to balance spending on things we enjoy and spending on societal responsibilities. The GoFundMe is entirely voluntary. Thanks for clarifying re. legal concerns @RSZ.

Tthis ED customer who received the bad check, just found her stone for sale on another site. Joshua sold the stone already.
I think this may be the single worst discovery in this thread, for me.
Appalled doesn't begin to cover it.
How do people like this... exist?

Odds that those newborn pictures were fake too? :angryfire:

Und1234

Rough_Rock
Every single dime that every single one of us has ever paid for a non-necessity is money that could have gone to humanitarian causes. Most of us find ways to balance spending on things we enjoy and spending on societal responsibilities. The GoFundMe is entirely voluntary. Thanks for clarifying re. legal concerns @RSZ.

I have his address if you want to go find out? :angryfire:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
O. M. G.
Selling stolen property is a real issue for the site(s) offering the stone. I know that if a pawnbroker offers a stolen item they are liable. I don't see how this could be any different. ( but I'm not a lawyer)
As a member of the trade- and a person-, this whole thing is beyond heartbreaking.
This is a business where million dollar deals are sealed with a handshake. It still is. There were always dishonest people in the trade -as there are in any trade. But thankfully people like this bad apple get outed rather quickly I pray those that were hurt find restitution.
I only wish we could have done more in 2016 to alert people.

L

lydial

How will the GFM be distributed to the victims? Proportional to loss or even to each victim? Potentially victims who were buying low priced stones could profit if it is a successful campaign. Others would not see much. This needs to be decided before donors donate.

RSZ

Rough_Rock
How will the GFM be distributed to the victims? Proportional to loss or even to each victim? Potentially victims who were buying low priced stones could profit if it is a successful campaign. Others would not see much. This needs to be decided before donors donate.
It’s being done pro rata; so proportional, and we will add additional victims as they come forth. (They are all being vetted.)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TreeScientist
I agree with you on some aspects, yes it’s not literal life or death, but some people have saved their last penny to buy a ring. And to them it is their blood sweat and tears that have gone to fund their ring. And the money is not replaceable. It’s gone. I feel horribly for the unfortunate victims. Regardless, you have a right to state your opinion even if it may not be that of the majority. Please Don’t go anywhere. =)2

Last edited:

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@TreeScientist
I agree with you on some aspects, yes it’s not literal life or death, but some people have saved their last penny to buy a ring. And to them it is their blood sweat and tears that have gone to fund their ring. And the money is not replaceable. It’s gone. I feel horribly for the unfortunate victims. Regardless, you have a right to state your opinion even if it may not be that of the majority. Please Don’t go anywhere. =)2

If I wilted like a drought-stricken flower every time someone disagreed with my point of view, I wouldn't be in the line of work I'm in now. :)

I still think it's unwarranted to start a Go Fund Me when the case has yet to reach a conclusion. As I said, those who paid by CC will most likely get their money back. Chargeback systems are in place for exactly these sorts of circumstances (company bankruptcies, failure to deliver goods, etc.). For those who wired money, well... that's much more complicated. But they still might see it back if funds can be seized from the owners of ED by a court of law. Best to wait and see before asking for donations.

During my undergrad years, I was cheated out of a sum of money that, at the time, seemed astronomically large to me, a 20-something putting himself through college (although it now seems rather inconsequential in the grand scheme of things). Needless to say I was devastated. But looking back, that money I lost was the best money I've ever spent. For, as Arthur Schopenhauer so eloquently said:

"Money is never spent to so much advantage as when you have been cheated out of it; for at one stroke you have purchased prudence."

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to say that it's very unfortunate and disheartening what happened to many people that got scammed by Enchanted Diamonds.

Before I found Pricescope I foolishly went to a local Jeweler and paid alot of money cash for a less than desirable diamond. The more I started reading on this site the more I started educating myself but by then it was too late I was tied to my Jeweler. To make a long story short he gave me the option to return the crappy stone I bought to choose from other crappy stones he had. He gave me a price on one particular stone and needless to say I found the exact same stone for 5 k less on one of PS recommended vendors website....so now I had proof he was trying to rip me off 5 k. I then approached him and showed him the exact same stone with the exact same GIA number and he was speechless didn't know what to say. At that point he gave me my money back minus a thousand for "restocking fees"

This is quite embarrassing for me to post but thought this is the appropriate thread to share my story. I wish I would have found Pricescope first and chalked this up to a expensive educational lesson.

So anyone new to the site with no knowledge about diamonds PLEASE PLEASE do your homework first and read and read until you can't read anymore.

I just don't want anyone to experience getting ripped off by your local Jeweler like I did.

And to the people that got scammed by Enchanted diamonds my heart goes out to you and I wish you get your money back and get closure on this matter.

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Agreed. This kills any shred of doubt that these guys are crooks through and through. Hope it's enough to get them sent to jail.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully @TreeScientist the people who are donating kindly to the fund are people who can afford to. This isn't a lottery, it's a request to assist all kinds of people. I have been robbed once, I was young, separated and my car was broken into, I felt violated, hurt, ANGRY etc. People feel this way if they are Bill Gates or little old me (and I mean old now). I don't negate the pain people feel by being ripped off, I don't think this is a blame the victim scenario, but I DO get your point about kids, food, dying, crossing the rio grande, etc. But if one is ripped off and they are poor or rich, both hurt. I can only tell you the way I felt, and I still feel, I worked very hard for my income when I was young, I paid off my car, and somebody broke my car window, jacked my trunk stole ALL of the things I had purchased that day. It's almost 1K, took me a long time to save that money. I feel very sorry for poor people, people who ripped off, stolen from and even worse.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi everyone,

We feel for the victims here, but we have a clear policy regarding raising money on PS, and we don't allow it. Please keep the gofundme and discussion of it off the boards. We have this policy because many of these gofundmes have ended badly before, even some dire sounding situations posted on PS were ultimately found to be not truthful. We allow none because we can't ever determine what is or isn't legitimate, where funds are going, etc.

Thank you,
Ella

RSZ

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

We feel for the victims here, but we have a clear policy regarding raising money on PS, and we don't allow it. Please keep the gofundme and discussion of it off the boards. We have this policy because many of these gofundmes have ended badly before, even some dire sounding situations posted on PS were ultimately found to be not truthful. We allow none because we can't ever determine what is or isn't legitimate, where funds are going, etc.

Thank you,
Ella
Please pull the posts about it, I will inform the victims about this. Did not know there was a policy. Please forgive us for this.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please pull the posts about [the gofundme], I will inform the victims about this. Did not know there was a policy. Please forgive us for this.
Please don't beat yourself up. You aren't the first person to have inadvertently posted something that's contrary to PS forum policies. ;)) For your convenience, here's the link to the Forum Policy page:
https://www.pricescope.com/content/forum-policies

Hope you all will keep us posted on any new developments -- all of us here are rooting for you victims!!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Please pull the posts about it, I will inform the victims about this. Did not know there was a policy. Please forgive us for this.

No worries at all RSZ, we know you were just trying to help!

Sambasil01

Rough_Rock
I received a diamond from them about a month-two ago. Anyone knows if there’s a chance their diamonds are fake?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received a diamond from them about a month-two ago. Anyone knows if there’s a chance their diamonds are fake?

There were references to possible treatment issues mentioned a few pages back; think that was in reference to why they were dropped from Rare Carat, IIRC.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Under Resources top tab there is a list of appraisers. Take the diamond and its report to one and save the sleepless nights!

SimIGeek

Rough_Rock
I don't get how ED can continue to post on Instagram but not have the time to answer concerned customers' concerns. I'm sadly one of those customers who bank wired payment to ED. Placed an order on 3rd June and no update whatsoever from anybody other than a rather cryptic email message that says "they hope to have a plan to resume operations Monday" after numerous live chat messages that went unanswered.

That doesn't sound promising and don't how I can recoup $$ I wired them.

Its possible that they scheduled posts to go out in advance. A lot of companies do it.

yeolim

Rough_Rock
how can I lawsuit?
I bought diamond and platinum ring
$:cry2:
can I get information?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
how can I lawsuit?
I bought diamond and platinum ring
$:cry2: