shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever considered getting a piece of bling...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... that was SO ridiculous and over the top (gaudy frankly!) that you know you can virtually never wear it out of the house... but you really really really want it anyway? Have you ever actually Gone Through With It? How did it turn out; i.e., do you regret it or did you get comfortable with it?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No because IMO there is nothing too outrageous for me to wear if I love it. :whistle: 8-)

Black opal = outrageous yet I wear it.
My sapphire diamond aquamarine pendant is huge and I wear it no problem.
Bubbalah in her current setting is sort of OTT but I wear her every day.

For me earrings are limited by weight or I would be wearing some big earrings.8)

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have any problem wearing big statement pieces unless they're particularly fragile, in which case I limit them to special occasions.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
... that was SO ridiculous and over the top (gaudy frankly!) that you know you can virtually never wear it out of the house... but you really really really want it anyway? Have you ever actually Gone Through With It? How did it turn out; i.e., do you regret it or did you get comfortable with it?

I have and I didn't get it because I would not have much chance to use it. Kind of regret not doing it b/c I've spent about 1/2 of that already on smaller pieces instead. I can wear them more often but they don't bring the same rush, ya know?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been feeling that itch for a tiara (OK, OK, convertible antique necklace to tiara would be perfect...). So far haven't seen anything in my price range and frankly have nowhere to wear this as a tiara . Ever.

Still a dream piece of jewelry for me...

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@kipari There is time & place for costume - that is not costume ...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see people post these gorgeous blingy antique watches and even deco bracelets. I think they are beautiful, but they are a little much for the grocery store and Walmart.:lol:

Thus far, I have been pretty good about not buying anything I really cannot wear, but I do admit to collecting beautiful rings that I rarely wear, because 99% of the time I don't wear a RHR!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Neither do I know OTT/ridiculous or gaudy:P2. But I do have a story.

There was a cool little shop that had gorgeous clothing, housewares and jewellery. I frequented it often since it was close to a great place for foodies. In the jewellery case was "this" necklace. 70% off.

Why? Cuz it was large and in charge. Odd shaped quartz held together by 14K gold hammered different shaped links. Single unique piece by a Vancouver artist. And at it's original price was perhaps OOT or ridiculous.

I bought it and wore the hell out of it. It was large, bold, yet delicate and it wasn't designed for the kind of use I put it through. I fixed it more than a few times but when it, finally, fell off my neck and smashed on the pavement I took it apart and sold the gold for scrap.

The irony is, EVERYTIME I wore the piece it got compliments. No kidding. It was so beautiful but no one took a chance on it perhaps because of its size (and original price) . And that is about as gaudy as I get. lol

cheers--Sharon

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have maybe one or two pieces that are so gaudy I only wear for super special occasions but I have no regrets about purchasing. I enjoy them each and every time I do and will for many years to come.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Neither do I know OTT/ridiculous or gaudy:P2. But I do have a story.

There was a cool little shop that had gorgeous clothing, housewares and jewellery. I frequented it often since it was close to a great place for foodies. In the jewellery case was "this" necklace. 70% off.

Why? Cuz it was large and in charge. Odd shaped quartz held together by 14K gold hammered different shaped links. Single unique piece by a Vancouver artist. And at it's original price was perhaps OOT or ridiculous.

I bought it and wore the hell out of it. It was large, bold, yet delicate and it wasn't designed for the kind of use I put it through. I fixed it more than a few times but when it, finally, fell off my neck and smashed on the pavement I took it apart and sold the gold for scrap.

The irony is, EVERYTIME I wore the piece it got compliments. No kidding. It was so beautiful but no one took a chance on it perhaps because of its size (and original price) . And that is about as gaudy as I get. lol

cheers--Sharon

Any pics, by chance? A good story needs an illustration!:lol:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH considers most of my cz pieces gaudy but I love them. Wear them around the house or to special occasions. I'm too practical to tie up real money in something I can't get a lot of wear out of.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't tend to like big or gaudy pieces so even if I was tempted on something I would probably not buy it. By this time I have too many pieces that I don't wear so it makes it easier to stop those impulse purchases.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a small person, so big and gaudy doesn't look right on me. I'm also not attracted to big, bold jewelry, though I'd love to have a diamond that was considered big and gaudy.:lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been feeling that itch for a tiara (OK, OK, convertible antique necklace to tiara would be perfect...). So far haven't seen anything in my price range and frankly have nowhere to wear this as a tiara . Ever.

Still a dream piece of jewelry for me...
oh yeeees !
im more a bandeau kind of gal but i could be your plus 1 and vice versa
i have a fashon choker pearl necklase i brought when i was 18 (1989) and when no one is home i sometimes wear it on my head.
my dream before i die is to have a replica made in real silver and pears and wear it as a bandeau

20190510_175909.jpg

as for real life im naturally attracted to more the RH ring type and i like a wide band
i do have alot more fine jewlery than my friends so i do tend to limit it around them but that'd dumb because they have things i don't have i still admire those
if i go out to lunch i do like to pile it on but im still getting used to that

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
off topic but is there a way to edit posts so i can fix my typos ?

i ment pearls of course not pears

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay , I don’t care how gaudy it is, you can pull it off. You are adorable now and you will be adorable at 95. Don’t you want some fabulous jewelry to enjoy now and gaze upon when your old and look back at the fun memories it holds. The brick was a substantial size and you loved it. @Missy’s words ring so true. Who cares what anyone else thinks, if you love it, that’s is all that matters.

@missy thank you so much for always encouraging everyone here to get what we love, no matter what anyone else thinks. It truly makes for a happier life.

I bought a piece that falls into this category. It is not special by Pricescope standards by any means. 99% percent of Pricescopers would think I was nuts for buying it but it makes me happy and I love it. Life is short and none of us are getting any younger. It also helps to know two of my nieces will love it so I can always leave it to them to share someday.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds, At the bottom of your post next to your name, there is an edit icon. Click on edit and you can edit your post and then click on “save post”. The new post will appear with the corrections you made.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
FD111A97-BD38-4C06-82F2-701ABF6154A7.jpeg When I was in college, I worked for my boyfriend’s parents who supplied gemstone and CZ rings for home shopping network HSN and QVC. When I decided to leave their employment, they told me to choose something as a thank you/ farewell gift, and I chose the flashiest blingiest fat ring in their collection. It looks like the picture attached. For a young college student, it was flashy and gaudy....and I was embarrassed to wear it. But I pull it out now that I’m on my 40’s and wear it to Vegas or Bunco nights :)

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
_17861.jpg

Yes I bought a rather expensive vintage Mazer costume jewellery price for a specific event, thought I'd get plenty of use out of it otherwise... NOPE. :wall:

Have given it to my nieces to play dress ups with. :whistle:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds, At the bottom of your post next to your name, there is an edit icon. Click on edit and you can edit your post and then click on “save post”. The new post will appear with the corrections you made.
thank you
i gotta get my lap top back out of the draw i stashed it in when my distruct-a-con.nephew came to stay as im sure the phone version is condenced

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man... enablers -- I mean *people* -- are not good for my wallet! Mamma needs a new pair of shoes... and a new kitchen in the condo she's closing on next week... but this thing is A.Ma.Z

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man... enablers -- I mean *people* -- are not good for my wallet! Mamma needs a new pair of shoes... and a new kitchen in the condo she's closing on next week... but this thing is A.Ma.Z

yesgif.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I maaaaaay have ordered a little faux something that is similar to see what I might be getting myself into before I sell my left kidney...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I maaaaaay have ordered a little faux something that is similar to see what I might be getting myself into before I sell my left kidney...

cheerleader1.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really enjoy big pieces of jewelry, but don't feel like I can pull it off irl. I do have fantasizes of a) a big honking emerald cut emerald ring and just wearing it all the time, and b and Wilma flinstone sized- turquoise bead necklace :cheeky:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I have bought large earrings by designer scaasi(SP) who designs large pieces for the stars. Mine of course are fake but by him non-the less. He's a very snooty guy. I have never worn them but I like them.
I do buy CZ rings as well. Nothing I would buy in real life diamonds , but fun.

Annette

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sister has sent me a number of pieces of (mostly costume) jewelry including some cz pieces because she knows I like jewelry, including a large oval cz ring. I actually like to wear it around the house! because it's fun.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Hi DeeJay, long time no "see"!! I have a ring I'd never be able to wear (in public or in private since it is a size 9), but it's so awesome and one of a kind that I bought it anyway, does that count? It sits on a shelf at home and occasionally comes to work with me!

Video in second slide: https://www.instagram.com/p/BsD86PyH8ch/?igshid=1jsyepc740eyi

opal 1.jpg opal 2.jpg opal 3.jpg opal 4.jpg

Attachments

• opal 1.jpg
    opal 1.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 90

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results