shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have colored moissanite? Please post photos here!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need to get a 8mm stone to put in a previous setting..and I don’t want to spend a lot. I’ll wait for a gem to come up on loupe troop or a gem sale to get it. In the meantime I want to get a colored moissanite in a light color...Do any of you have a colored moissanite..and if so can you post a photo of it and where you purchased it? I’m also looking into getting clear baguettes..and already asked Tianyu.. Thank you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean if you haven’t already do a search on IG :
colormoissanite

Lots of pretties to see on IG.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean if you haven’t already do a search on IG :
colormoissanite

Lots of pretties to see on IG.
Thank you @missy! I found a loose aquamarine on Brilliant Earth that I might get. I emailed David to have him look at it. I also got a video from Tianyu in moissy. I would rather go the aquamarine way since it’s my grandson’s birthstone..and I have enough moissy now..The only thing is read aquamarines get cloudy..I’ll ask over at the gemstone board to see what they say. :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy! I found a loose aquamarine on Brilliant Earth that I might get. I emailed David to have him look at it. I also got a video from Tianyu in moissy. I would rather go the aquamarine way since it’s my grandson’s birthstone..and I have enough moissy now..The only thing is read aquamarines get cloudy..I’ll ask over at the gemstone board to see what they say. :kiss2:

Ooh I love aquamarine. I have zero experience with moissanite but looking forward to seeing what treasures you find.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve got pink, blue, green and sort of golden. Hopefully sun tomorrow :appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh I love aquamarine. I have zero experience with moissanite but looking forward to seeing what treasures you find.
Thank you @missy! This is for my last setting that I’m upgrading from. I’m getting new diamond baguettes that aren’t the best like the ones going into my new setting...but they will still be nice..and replacing my diamond that was in it. I almost had David melt the setting but @SimoneDi and @nala convinced me not to melt it..:pray:

Last edited:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @missy! This is for my last setting that I’m upgrading from. I’m getting new diamond baguettes that aren’t the best like the ones going into my new setting...but they will still be nice..and replacing my diamond that was in it. I almost had David melt the setting but @SimoneDi and @nala convinced me not to melt it..:pray:
I tried the canary yellow moissanite and it was not very good. Some of the blues I have seen have been ok.

I am getting an aquamarine cut. I am just waiting for the gem cutter to get the parcel of rough. They were going to send over several pieces for me to choose from. He is getting it from Tom Schneider in San Diego. I don’t expect to pay more than a couple of hundred and you can talk to him if you would like to see what he has. His prices are super reasonable because he is a hobbyist precision gem cutter. For what you are looking for I am going to guess around $200.

I would probably choose an actual gemstone over a moissanite for this. I can give you his email if you want to speak to him...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tried the canary yellow moissanite and it was not very good. Some of the blues I have seen have been ok.

I am getting an aquamarine cut. I am just waiting for the gem cutter to get the parcel of rough. They were going to send over several pieces for me to choose from. He is getting it from Tom Schneider in San Diego. I don’t expect to pay more than a couple of hundred and you can talk to him if you would like to see what he has. His prices are super reasonable because he is a hobbyist precision gem cutter. For what you are looking for I am going to guess around $200.

I would probably choose an actual gemstone over a moissanite for this. I can give you his email if you want to speak to him...
Yes! Thank you so much! I already abandoned the moissanite route.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! Thank you so much! I already abandoned the moissanite route.
I think that is best. Aqua’s are not super expensive and if you can, it better to go for a real gemstone. His name is Jim Buday. Email is [email protected]. Just tell him you were talking to someone on PS about aqua’s and you know he was going to get a bunch of rough this week to look at. He is doing an Asscher cut for me. Hopefully he will have something that works for you. He can send you some examples If his work too.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that is best. Aqua’s are not super expensive and if you can, it better to go for a real gemstone. His name is Jim Buday. Email is [email protected]. Just tell him you were talking to someone on PS about aqua’s and you know he was going to get a bunch of rough this week to look at. He is doing an Asscher cut for me. Hopefully he will have something that works for you. He can send you some examples If his work too.
Thank you again!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could be totally wrong but isn't colored moissanite coated? This could be the older stuff but could have sworn I read that somewhere.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could be totally wrong but isn't colored moissanite coated? This could be the older stuff but could have sworn I read that somewhere.
That would be bad! My problem is solved because David is going to find an aquamarine for the setting!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, that's great news! I'm sure it will be beautiful, can't wait to see it!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
That would be bad! My problem is solved because David is going to find an aquamarine for the setting!

Excited to see it! Aquamarine is my daughters birthstone and March is our anniversary month so it holds special meaning for me too!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Excited to see it! Aquamarine is my daughters birthstone and March is our anniversary month so it holds special meaning for me too!
That’s so sweet that it’s your daugter’s birthstone and your anniversary stone too! Do you have any aquamarine? It’s a soothing color to me...I have an eternity aquamarine band that I had made after my grandson was born. I’m going to wear it with the ring if the colors are close.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
That’s so sweet that it’s your daugter’s birthstone and your anniversary stone too! Do you have any aquamarine? It’s a soothing color to me...I have an eternity aquamarine band that I had made after my grandson was born. I’m going to wear it with the ring if the colors are close.

I do have an oval that I inherited from my grandmother. I’m not sure the story behind it, but it holds a lot of sentimental value for me. We had some financial troubles last year and I had to sell off a lot of my collection, including a lot of the rings I got from her, but I made sure to keep that one and a few others. Mines a very light blue, so I’d love to have another one made with something a bit more saturated.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do have an oval that I inherited from my grandmother. I’m not sure the story behind it, but it holds a lot of sentimental value for me. We had some financial troubles last year and I had to sell off a lot of my collection, including a lot of the rings I got from her, but I made sure to keep that one and a few others. Mines a very light blue, so I’d love to have another one made with something a bit more saturated.
I’m sorry you had to see some of your collection..I’m happy you got to keep your grandma’s oval. I’m weird that I prefer light aquamarine as long as I can see the blue. I have no idea what David is getting me but I trust him. This is to replace a diamond that was in the setting so it’s not important it be the very best. I’m glad I was able to reuse that setting. Pretty is good enough for me. :mrgreen2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m sorry you had to sell some of your collection..I’m happy you got to keep your grandma’s oval. I’m weird that I prefer light aquamarine as long as I can see the blue. I have no idea what David is getting me but I trust him. This is to replace a diamond that was in the setting so it’s not important it be the very best. I’m glad I was able to reuse that setting. Pretty is good enough for me. :mrgreen2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
09533104-1CA3-40B9-94D1-554E5C3D1608.jpeg FB083D38-E6DB-45B7-970C-54A6A706C57E.jpeg F7651632-ED8A-45B6-A7D4-F8795CA6E2B7.jpeg
These are the pics I posted over on the “ring family on one hand” It’s not the best cut stone, but I don’t care. It’s the meaning behind it. I cant wait to see what DK finds for you!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
09533104-1CA3-40B9-94D1-554E5C3D1608.jpeg FB083D38-E6DB-45B7-970C-54A6A706C57E.jpeg F7651632-ED8A-45B6-A7D4-F8795CA6E2B7.jpeg
These are the pics I posted over on the “ring family on one hand” It’s not the best cut stone, but I don’t care. It’s the meaning behind it. I cant wait to see what DK finds for you!
I love the color and size of your grandma’s ring...It’s so pretty! You have quite a collection!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results