shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the compliments on the yellow sapphire in the flower setting! The votes are in and I am going to set it in the flower setting for sure :D.
The purple Umba sapphire arrived today! It is pretty and has flashes of blue, pink and red. I like stones like this one that have unexpected flashes of color. I do already have a spinel that is very similar in color and color flashes though. The sapphire can at times look dark and I can occasionally see the inclusions. Keeping this one is a decision I am going to sleep on. Here are some photos taken in various indoor lighting. I placed it loosely in a ring mount from Yvonne that I have planned for another gem, but this stone could work in it too.
9CDA0055-78C3-48F8-B709-932EF1225DB9.jpeg
BD4A843C-EB6A-4EFF-A4C1-9796CDB972B4.jpeg
E8D696E1-2FE7-4F3F-9F93-D33BE16E2ADB.jpeg
63AD0430-2868-4E2C-B29D-418626182144.jpeg

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I must say, you are the best at recycling your settings! :kiss2:
I have a bad habit of ordering a setting for particular stone, then placing every stone I own on the setting when I receive it to see how the stones would look in the setting, confusing myself about which stone I should actually set in the mounting. I have had both of those settings for a couple of months already and haven’t been able to make a decision about which stones to set in them :lol:.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your Umba sapphire looks great in the sunflower setting! I've never thought to order settings in advance for gems, but it could come in handy :) I like the yellow sapphire in the diamond setting, too, just the right amount of sparkle.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The yellow sapphire that @lilmosun so kindly passed along to me arrived and I love it! I have a floral setting from Aurosi Jewels that I had planned to set a Tsavorite in, but I think I might set the yellow sapphire in it instead. Here it is loosely placed in the setting. Thank you lilmosun!
19068724-8226-4498-8153-1E43191982FD.jpeg

Meant to be...so glad it's yours!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
The pink blue and red flashes in the purple Umba are beautiful. Might make a great Color palate for ring

Love the yellow.

I’m excited for you

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I will most likely return the purple Umba because it is just too similar to the spinel I have. It’s very pretty and I would keep it, but am trying my best not to have similar looking stones.

@leslie1956 I love your sunflower ring so much that I had purchased that sunflower in white gold with demantoids for a purple garnet that I have :)).

voce

Ideal_Rock
o_Ozomg I didn't catch these! The Mahenge garnet may be the most beautiful I've ever seen. :cry2:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I will most likely return the purple Umba because it is just too similar to the spinel I have. It’s very pretty and I would keep it, but am trying my best not to have similar looking stones.

@leslie1956 I love your sunflower ring so much that I had purchased that sunflower in white gold with demantoids for a purple garnet that I have :)).
Thanks, 2Neezers! That combo should be equally nice in WG :)

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did he send an email? I didn't receive one...
I didn’t get an email this time around either..I did check his Twitter after the stones were posted here and he had announced it on Twitter. They look like gorgeous stones!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the email at 3:18 and by 3.28 the lab cobalt blue spinel was already gone :eek2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really liked that purple sapphire but can't do it right now.

They’re all lovely but a little dark for my personal tastes. Though that purple one got a second look. :mrgreen2:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The purple one is really lovely and got snapped up. Hope we will get to see more pictures!

There are a couple more pink/purple sapphires on his site with more silk that are gorgeous colors. One is almost a ruby color. I wish Gene would put up photos in different light if the stone changes color.

I enjoy looking at even what he has sold. Even if lab sapphire is not your thing, check out the cutting on the huge lab sapphire that just sold. He did a frosted facets effect that is striking and unusual.

SparklePolo

Rough_Rock
First time poster here :) I'm the one who snatched up the purple sapphire. It will be my first natural sapphire and it is a bit smaller than I usually prefer, so I'm hoping it's a small but mighty one :D

I will post IRL pics once it arrives.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
First time poster here :) I'm the one who snatched up the purple sapphire. It will be my first natural sapphire and it is a bit smaller than I usually prefer, so I'm hoping it's a small but mighty one :D

Congrats! Looking forward to the pictures All of Gene’s round cut designs are beautiful.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

How awesome! I can’t wait to see your pics! :mrgreen2:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Welcome, @SparklePolo! I’m looking forward to your pictures! It looks like a stone with a lot of character. :appl:

SparklePolo

Rough_Rock
Here are the pics! First one is Gene's photo, followed by indoor natural light v.s. yellow light. The sapphire shifts from a bluish purple to pinkish purple. Excuse my fingerprint in some pics :D

It's very lively and sparkles so much. Although I'm not used to such small stones (5.862 mm).
2150.jpeg 1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 2.jpg

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
That looks BEAUTIFUL. And with that color and sparkle, I don’t think it needs a ton of size to draw the eye :)

SparklePolo

Rough_Rock
Thank you, and I agree the cut really makes this little purple stone pop :love: I've bought so many stones from Gene lately that I'm actually debating on whether to keep this one... I'm already working on a few projects and it just may not be the best time.

If anyone's interested, let me know!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the pics! First one is Gene's photo, followed by indoor natural light v.s. yellow light. The sapphire shifts from a bluish purple to pinkish purple. Excuse my fingerprint in some pics :D

It's very lively and sparkles so much. Although I'm not used to such small stones (5.862 mm).
2150.jpeg 1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 2.jpg

It's beautiful. All it needs is a little halo to bump up the size and it's good to go. :twisted2:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s a very beautiful stone. I like how the colors keep changing. :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results