shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find an aquamarine!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m resetting my diamond..and I want to use the last setting as I only had it a year..I was convinced to keep it..and I’m so grateful..DK is finding me baguettes but I need a 8mm stone to replace the diamond..I love aquamarines..and it’s my grandson’s birthstone. I have no idea how to buy a gemstone..and windows, etc..make me nervous to do it on my own. Brilliant Earth has one..but I’m not sure if it’s a good quality or not. I emailed Jeff White and asked for a quote. I am open to other gems...but no greens, reds, or purples...I love blue so hoping for a blue stone...not dark though...I don’t want it to be too expensive since it will be an alternative ring...but I don’t want a bad quality either. Please help guide me in the right direction! I appreciate any help!

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I remember seeing a light blue sapphire that might fit the bill at Dan Stair's not long ago. Perhaps he still has some rough? The colour was certainly in the range expected of aquamarine or natural topaz, but spphire will not window as much s beryl or topaz (cut works so far & the size & shape cannot change here ...).

2p

Last edited:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well the most important thing is that you buy from a reputable dealer that knows their source. Synthetics are very convincing, and you want to avoid irradiated stones, as they fade over time. Heated only stones are acceptable.

What is your budget?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well the most important thing is that you buy from a reputable dealer that knows their source. Synthetics are very convincing, and you want to avoid irradiated stones, as they fade over time. Heated only stones are acceptable.

What is your budget?
Thank you! I don’t know what they would cost but probably around $1k..I would go higher if it was really nice but I do want to keep it down because I have other projects in the works.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remember seeing a light blue sapphire that might fit the bill at Dan Stair's not long ago. Perhaps he still has some rough? The colour was certainly in the range expected of aquamarine or natural topaz, but spphire will not window as much s beryl (cut orks only so far & the size & shape cannot change here ...).

2p
Thank you @AV_! I think a sapphire would be pricey though!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Sapphire in typical aquamarine light blue is not priced anywhere near the classical blues - the price is for that colour not for sapphire (yet?).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask Dana of. Mastecutgems.com. His prices seem extremely reasonable for aquamarine in mid range quality.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sapphire in typical aquamarine light blue is not priced anywhere nearthe classical blues - the price is for that colour not for sapphire - yet.
Yes.. @AV_ I know the deeper sapphire blues are more desirable and expensive. Fortunately I like the less expensive light colors in gems! It would be the only thing that I like that’s less expensive! :P2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would ask Dana of. Mastecutgems.com. His prices seem extremely reasonable for aquamarine in mid range quality.
Thank you! I’ll will do that!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like I've seen so many good looking aquas while gem hunting through the vendor list.

That might be an idea, go through the list through each site and see if anything catches your eye and then post them to have the expert eyes vet them.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel like I've seen so many good looking aquas while gem hunting through the vendor list.

That might be an idea, go through the list through each site and see if anything catches your eye and then post them to have the expert eyes vet them.
Thanks @StephanieLynn...I’ll take a look!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Yes.. @AV_ ... light colors in gems!

I prefer the mid day sky blue & there are stones in this colour in any size & any price - WWW !... I could wear some I know not how & the reminder is always up there (cloudless day before a heat wave here)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results