shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this Sapphire?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the color of the spinel you got! The gemrite one Definitely has a history, so make sure to have it checked out when you receive it.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it’s damaged or a natural thing that should be easy enough to evaluate, not for me but for a local expert. I appreciate the heads up.

I’m more concerned about the color now, it seems so different than the videos. Gray and blah. I was drawn to this one because I though the stone was interesting in both videos with different lighting.

I need to figure out a way to keep sunshine on Sapphires all the time like Olaf’s personal flurry in Frozen.... (I live with little people).

I’ll see it tomorrow and update. The hunt may still be on....

Thanks again! You all are like gemstone fairy godmothers!

Have you received it? What do you think?

KonaLee

Rough_Rock
I did receive it and decided to send it back. It is a really pretty stone, much much nicer than the photos in the post mentioned above indicate.

In natural light it’s an amazing medium blue—direct sun, shade, indirect. It was a little lighter than I had pictured but so very blue.

In incandescent light it was more of a dusty purplish blue. It reminded me of luxury linens.

I went and back and forth on it but ultimately it just wasn’t what I was picturing for a Sapphire ring. It was a little larger than I had originally wanted. It didn’t have any areas that went completely dark but there was definitely a slightly darker area especially in low light. There wasn’t a window I could see straight on but a big tilting window. If I were to keep it I would have wanted to speak with a jeweler about how that would appear once set.

I decided $6600 (however great a value) was too much for me to spend if I wasn’t over the moon about it and sent it back before I had anyone evaluate it.

I do think I saw what the other poster was referring to as a ‘crack’ but it was tiny and looked under the surface to me so my guess is it’s a minor inclusion and would have been easy to cover with a prong. I’m still learning so who knows.

I have a feeling down the road I may wish I had hung onto it but for now and for this piece it wasn’t for me.

The vendor has been nothing but kind and patient with me and I would encourage anyone to check it out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results