shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring set with Lightbox diamond

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I got a 7/8 white diamond pendant from Lightbox with the 1/6 carat blue diamond. I had it reset in an existing ring that I owned, with a new head. I had the jeweler reset the pendant with the 6mm moissy that was in my ring, it’s a perfect fit. Here are pictures!

The larger ring on top is a 6.5 mm H&A C&C near colorless moissanite. The smaller stone is the Lightbox diamond.

583999CB-55C0-46CD-A75E-E627780D4607.jpeg EAD73E18-BC90-4AAE-8CAF-329A4C2E5503.jpeg FC4352C4-30A2-48CB-8549-BCF467E711E8.jpeg

BMI

Shiny_Rock
The diamond looks really pretty in your setting! Do you like it better than the moissanite in the other ring?

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
The diamond looks really pretty in your setting! Do you like it better than the moissanite in the other ring?

Thanks! I’m happy with the way it turned out. It’s different from the moissanite, but not as much as I thought it would be.

I keep getting the oil stain on my moissy. I use a sunshine cloth to clean it daily. It’s hard to photograph well. The H&A cut definitely downplays the rainbow bling.

The diamond is very sparkly. It goes dark in the sun, more so than the moissanite. Is that a diamond thing, or particular to lab diamond?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That turned out really pretty!! Are you going to do anything with the small blue diamond?
I’ve read on here that well cut diamonds are more likely to go dark in the sun so I don’t think it’s just a lab diamond thing.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice, it turned out lovely! :)

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
That turned out really pretty!! Are you going to do anything with the small blue diamond?.

Thank you!

I don’t know what I’ll do yet with the little blue diamond. I have some ideas for setting it in a yellow gold pendant, or band. For now, I’ll wear it as is, set with the moissanite in its original setting.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I was confused. That’s a moissy in the pendant pic above? I thought it was the LB diamond. It looks nice and fooled me :)

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I was confused. That’s a moissy in the pendant pic above? I thought it was the LB diamond. It looks nice and fooled me :)

Yes, I originally had a 6mm H&A C&C moissy in a bezel in the ring. I guessed it was the same size as the LB diamond, & I was right. The jeweler swapped in my moissanite when she took out the lab diamond, it was a perfect fit.

So for anyone who is curious about the size of the 7/8 carat white round, it’s equivalent to 6mm.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results