shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you feel comfortable sleeping on filthy hotel beds?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't... :knockout: ..maybe it is a "mind clean" thing. Are you afraid of bedbugs?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
There seems to be a presumption baked into that question.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't feel comfortable sleeping on filthy beds *anywhere* not just hotels. So no. Would not stay somewhere I know to be filthy. I'd rather be camping and that's saying something.

I am not afraid of bedbugs but I would not want to have a bedbug infestation. Heck I don't like any bugs. But yeah bedbugs are perhaps one of the most noxious bugs one can have and from what I understand not fun to get rid of. So no thanks.

And just so you know bedbugs are not confined to just filthy places. Clean places can be infested too. Just saying.:knockout:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I am not a big fan of hotel beds/showers. Too germaphobic! But what can you do when traveling, right?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love camping - with all our own cared for clean equipment

i would not stay anywhere that was dirty
bed bugs are a new problem here
disgusting and i would be causing Mary Hell about it

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun fact, my parents owned a motel while I was growing up. No, it did not give me nightmares. I knew how everything was cleaned. The only thing I don't feel comfortable with is mattresses because they are never firm enough. I also would not be comfortable with carpeting, but most hotels seem to have moved away from that, which is great.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I thought hard enough about stuff like this I'd never leave my house... Hotels... Restaurants... Everywhere else... ICK.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh boy..I have a FEAR of bedbugs...I’ve heard horror stories...I check online and will read every review of a hotel I’m staying at. I used to go to bed bug registry but their website isn’t working anymore. I just read every single review on every single site before I’ll book a hotel. I have stayed in hotels an hour away from where we were going to stay in a bedbug free hotel. There are areas that are infested with them. @missy is right that it can be a perfectly clean and expensive place and they can have them. I’m scratching myself writing this! :lol-2:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Mamabean, I have such an awful fear of those B-word things! My husband travels all over the world, so it's a potential issue. It's never happened, thankfully. But I never let him put his suitcase on the bed, although logically, that wouldn't matter. :eek2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh @Mamabean, I have such an awful fear of those B-word things! My husband travels all over the world, so it's a potential issue. It's never happened, thankfully. But I never let him put his suitcase on the bed, although logically, that wouldn't matter. :eek2:
Me too @lyra! I check his hotels before he goes...He travels a lot...and I can’t check every time he goes..because it’s too often...I tell him all the time if he brings one bug home the only thing I’m saving is my jewelry roll. Everything else gets thrown away!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m not afraid of bedbugs staying at my friends homes..but I bring my own pillow with me! My friends are super clean but they don’t use pillow ticking...I stripped the bed once and saw stains on the pillows..I was so grossed out..I started bringing my own pillow...They know I have pain in my neck and need a flat pillow..so they don’t know the real reason!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not afraid of bedbugs staying at my friends homes..but I bring my own pillow with me! My friends are super clean but they don’t use pillow ticking...I stripped the bed once and saw stains on the pillows..I was so grossed out..I started bringing my own pillow...They know I have pain in my neck and need a flat pillow..so they don’t know the real reason!

Haha I travel with my own pillows too but for different reasons. In fact when we traveled to Italy (not long after 9/11) the airport screeners saw something suspicious in my carry on (tweezers) and asked me to open up my suitcase. I opened it up and the first thing they saw were 2 of my big fat pillows and they said ok close the bag and sent me on my way. Tweezers and all. LOL. I guess terrorists don't take their own pillows.:lol:

But yeah I always travel with my pillows.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha I travel with my own pillows too but for different reasons. In fact when we traveled to Italy (not long after 9/11) the airport screeners saw something suspicious in my carry on (tweezers) and asked me to open up my suitcase. I opened it up and the first thing they saw were 2 of my big fat pillows and they said ok close the bag and sent me on my way. Tweezers and all. LOL. I guess terrorists don't take their own pillows.:lol:

But yeah I always travel with my pillows.
That’s so funny!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lysol wipes.
i have dettol in a can for around home inbetween cleans but the wiped are a good idea for traveling
i hate touching the door handles in public toilets
once i got sick from using a handrail at the train station and then ate a bag of chips on the train
never again will i eat with my hands without washing them
i use this gel stuff in the car but it does taint anything you want to eat with your hands

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have dettol in a can for around home inbetween cleans but the wiped are a good idea for traveling
i hate touching the door handles in public toilets
once i got sick from using a handrail at the train station and then ate a bag of chips on the train
never again will i eat with my hands without washing them
i use this gel stuff in the car but it does taint anything you want to eat with your hands
I’m the same..I get grossed out when I have to touch a handle or push a door open and I see grime smudges all over it. I use my elbow, jacket, wad of tissue to push or open a door..I just wash my hands really well in the public bathroom...because I don’t want to know what germs are hanging out in there. My husband and family know I’m like this...so when my son broke his leg many years ago and I had to take care of farm animals for him..my son didn’t think I could do it. He was watching the farm for a friend...I walked through muck and handled germs that were truly disgusting.The donkey, rooster, pigs and all the other critters needed me to feed them and I did. The donkey would chase me..That was fun..not..I kept hand sanitizer in the car..and would wipe the car down when I got home. I did this for six to eight weeks. I realized then that although I’m not fond of germs..I’m not clinical! :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m the same..I get grossed out when I have to touch a handle or push a door open and I see grime smudges all over it. I use my elbow, jacket, wad of tissue to push or open a door..I just wash my hands really well in the public bathroom...because I don’t want to know what germs are hanging out in there. My husband and family know I’m like this...so when my son broke his leg many years ago and I had to take care of farm animals for him..my son didn’t think I could do it. He was watching the farm for a friend...I walked through muck and handled germs that were truly disgusting.The donkey, rooster, pigs and all the other critters needed me to feed them and I did. The donkey would chase me..That was fun..not..I kept hand sanitizer in the car..and would wipe the car down when I got home. I did this for six to eight weeks. I realized then that although I’m not fond of germs..I’m not clinical! :lol:
you sound like a great mum
im not so worried about the cats gerns as stranger germs and its flu season here and the ministry of health didn't order enough vacine .....:angryfire:
and they can't get any more because who ever makes the world's flu vacine is already working on your winter flu season

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
you sound like a great mum
im not so worried about the cats gerns as stranger germs and its flu season here and the ministry of health didn't order enough vacine .....:angryfire:
and they can't get any more because who ever makes the world's flu vacine is already working on your winter flu season
Oh no @Daisys and Diamonds...Keep washing those germs off the knobs and handles. Do you have Airborne in your stores? I poo pooed that but a friend suggested I get it this past winter. My son and I took it all winter and we didn’t get sick once. My husband and mother had never ending colds and flu..Stay well!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even in excellent hotels I never put my suitcase on the floor, generally prefer to leave my stuff in the suitcase and keep it closed. I bring flip flops to wear in the room and shower and have disinfectant wipes and bleach tablets on me. So no, if a mattress is filthy, I won't sleep there. Period.

Farm /animal germs don't scare me, though. Decades of cleaning horse stables without any second thought. I seem to have double standards :think:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even in excellent hotels I never put my suitcase on the floor, generally prefer to leave my stuff in the suitcase and keep it closed. I bring flip flops to wear in the room and shower and have disinfectant wipes and bleach tablets on me. So no, if a mattress is filthy, I won't sleep there. Period.

Farm /animal germs don't scare me, though. Decades of cleaning horse stables without any second thought. I seem to have double standards :think:

No I'm the same. Animals and their germs don't bother me. As long as we wash sufficiently after handling the animals and their feces it is fine.

You're a wonderful momma Joanne.:kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no @Daisys and Diamonds...Keep washing those germs off the knobs and handles. Do you have Airborne in your stores? I poo pooed that but a friend suggested I get it this past winter. My son and I took it all winter and we didn’t get sick once. My husband and mother had never ending colds and flu..Stay well!
i havn't heard of it but ill certainly look into it
last year although we didnt get the actual flu we got a terrible virus that caused terrible congestion and the worst ear pain
i had 3 weeks of work mostly in bed but the ear pain lasted 3 months

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
i havn't heard of it but ill certainly look into it
last year although we didnt get the actual flu we got a terrible virus that caused terrible congestion and the worst ear pain
i had 3 weeks of work mostly in bed but the ear pain lasted 3 months
:(2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No I'm the same. Animals and their germs don't bother me. As long as we wash sufficiently after handling the animals and their feces it is fine.

You're a wonderful momma Joanne.:kiss2:
Thank you @missy :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results