shape
carat
color
clarity

F color EC in rose gold??

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. That’s beautiful!!!! I LOVE RG bUT bc it’s an F I would be afraid it would make it look a little tinted. My K looked SUPER white in YG and tinted in white. The J (w med Fl) I bought looked tintednin the YG and WHITE in the platinum. So that is why I would say to stick w WG/Plat. Can’t wait to see it. Are you considering any pave diamonds on the shank? Adam showed me one and I seriously considered that route. Solitaires w a beautiful diamond, such as yours, will shine for sure. XO
PS. My original setting was YG w an F color! But the basket was Plat. It looked super white. Perhaps compromise. RG band and Plat basket. I know you prefer for it to remain all the same metal but I would not risk it for fear of some tinting.

FutureGracie

Rough_Rock
What about having it set in a twist/spiral band with both rose gold and platinum ......The head can be platinum. It seems like the best of both worlds that way to me.....

FutureGracie

Rough_Rock
What about having it set in a twist/spiral band with both rose gold and platinum ......The head can be platinum. It seems like the best of both worlds that way to me.....
Oh never mind just saw that you didn’t want to go the two tone route so disregard.... I also want to say that emerald is simply stunning and In sure it will look gorgeous in whatever you end up going with.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks very much again for all of the input everyone! @diamondseeker2006 @Dandi @Starfacet @marcy @missy @Emeraldcutlover @FutureGracie

It is super helpful to hear about everyone's experiences/preferences, and all of the votes for two tone are making this decision harder haha!! I am pretty sure I am going to go with all platinum, and then pair it with a rose gold band so I can still get some color in the set, but you never know haha.

I will hopefully be sending it off to Maytal soon! Just need final sign off from my husband, who is a little afraid I'm going to change my mind on the stone again ;)2

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds amazing, I love the idea of a rose gold wedding band for a bit of contrast! Great idea!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks very much for the input! I think my gut feeling is the same as yours, although I do really love rose gold and I also wanted the setting to be a little different, since it is a fairly simple solitaire. But, I've been thinking about it some more and maybe I can just pair it with a rose gold wedding band!

On the platinum v. white gold question I don't like the patina that platinum gets, but my skin is really acidic, and I remember that my first e-ring turned yellow after a matter of months :( And I know that platinum is stronger, so it is probably the better choice. But in terms of color I prefer a bright, softer white rather than a grayish white, so this is tough too!

PT 950/Ru or PT 900/Ir for resistance to patina. Anything but PT 950/Ir!

Platinum is not “stronger”. Platinum is more prone to inelastic deformation, meaning that if you whack your ring, prongs will bend and continue to cradle your stone (vs. prongs made of more brittle materials like Ni/WG alloys that will snap under similar stress).

Pd/WG is extremely white - it does not require plating. It is also less brittle than Ni/WG. Some of my rings - PT 950/Ru on the left, 14k YG on the right, and all five in the middle are unplated 18k WG (various alloys):

D64AA4F6-992D-4D93-8447-556B9C4F9692.png

Details of alloy composition in this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-color-and-metal-options.191295/

My recommendation is platinum. Matching unplated WG colour is challenging, and going hypoallergenic never hurts.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
PT 950/Ru or PT 900/Ir for resistance to patina. Anything but PT 950/Ir!

Platinum is not “stronger”. Platinum is more prone to inelastic deformation, meaning that if you whack your ring, prongs will bend and continue to cradle your stone (vs. prongs made of more brittle materials like Ni/WG alloys that will snap under similar stress).

Pd/WG is extremely white - it does not require plating. It is also less brittle than Ni/WG. Some of my rings - PT 950/Ru on the left, 14k YG on the right, and all five in the middle are unplated 18k WG (various alloys):

D64AA4F6-992D-4D93-8447-556B9C4F9692.png

Details of alloy composition in this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-color-and-metal-options.191295/

My recommendation is platinum. Matching unplated WG colour is challenging, and going hypoallergenic never hurts.
Ahh - thank you!! This info and the pics are super helpful and I am going to ask Maytal about which platinum she uses.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh - thank you!! This info and the pics are super helpful and I am going to ask Maytal about which platinum she uses.
So excited for you. When will you get it?

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
So excited for you. When will you get it?
Thank you! I haven't sent the stone to Maytal yet so it will be a little while, sadly, but hopefully i can send it to her in the next week or two. I'm still thinking about one minor detail and trying not to rush my husband lol. What about you!! Any updates on the timing of getting your ring?

Reactions: AV_

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I haven't sent the stone to Maytal yet so it will be a little while, sadly, but hopefully i can send it to her in the next week or two. I'm still thinking about one minor detail and trying not to rush my husband lol. What about you!! Any updates on the timing of getting your ring?
I can’t wait to see yours! He said I should get mine this week. Fingers crossed!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Any update on your ring? Can’t wait to see how it comes out!

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You could always go platinum or white gold and go for a rose gold wedding band or even two tone?

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh I hadn't looked at the last updates and realized you had this idea yourself... Great minds..

axelrich

Rough_Rock
So Beautiful...:kiss2:

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @JmeeMrie and @axelrich !

And sadly not yet @Emeraldcutlover -- my husband is kind of dragging his feet on giving me the go ahead to set it . . . husbands are very inconvenient sometimes :twisted2:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @JmeeMrie and @axelrich !

And sadly not yet @Emeraldcutlover -- my husband is kind of dragging his feet on giving me the go ahead to set it . . . husbands are very inconvenient sometimes :twisted2:
@SandyK oh pooh! Have you decided whether to halo or do a simple solitaire? Guys don’t get it sometimes! But you should find something he loves and have it sit in front of him and not let him do it! Hahahah. Like if he is a golfer.... have his golf clubs staring at him each day but not let him play! Just like, One cannot have a gorgeous diamond staring at them all alone in a box when it could be on ones finger!!!! I’m sending strong good vibes for a pronto setting!!! Us girls must stick together. XO

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
@SandyK oh pooh! Have you decided whether to halo or do a simple solitaire? Guys don’t get it sometimes! But you should find something he loves and have it sit in front of him and not let him do it! Hahahah. Like if he is a golfer.... have his golf clubs staring at him each day but not let him play! Just like, One cannot have a gorgeous diamond staring at them all alone in a box when it could be on ones finger!!!! I’m sending strong good vibes for a pronto setting!!! Us girls must stick together. XO
Hahah yes!!! I love that idea. Thanks for the solidarity ;-) ;-)

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
@SandyK Just checking in on you. Hope all is well!

Haha thanks for checking in!! Still waiting on the husband (although I did just send Maytal partial payment for the setting). The longer I wait the more time I have to keep waffling between a solitaire and a three stone (with little EC side stones) ahhhh!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Haha thanks for checking in!! Still waiting on the husband (although I did just send Maytal partial payment for the setting). The longer I wait the more time I have to keep waffling between a solitaire and a three stone (with little EC side stones) ahhhh!
@SandyK Hahah. Yay. The upside is you have more time to think. I feel like mine was such a worldwind and I kinda missed the thrill of the hunt! Haha. I still ever so slightly wonder what mine would have looked like w traps (would never tell my husband this) but I know I would have agonized about the proportions. My advice is if you go that route- try and find a ring w your same center stone dimensions w traps you love. That way you know exactly what it will look like. I honestly could not tell anything from the CAD. But that could just be me! Can’t wait to see what you decide. Keep me posted.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
As much as I love rose gold (my flute is made of it) I think that your F-color emerald cut would look better in a white metal. Platinum, white gold, Stuller 14X1 (white gold with a higher nickel content that doesn't need plating), or a palladium blend.
sorry to get off topic
SandyK im looking forward to see your ring
@cflutist may i please see your flute :lickout::lickout:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I’m doing my periodic check in! Hope your summer is going well!!! XO

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results